Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 AM   #3496
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Just saw Defiance and after watchin like 20 min of it I realized I already seen it, its just I forgot where and when. So I saw it for the 2nd time, and also idk if I rated it on here when I saw it for the first time. Was kinda mad that I rented a movie on the "last" day of Spring Break that I've already seen and didn't rent a movie I haven't seen. But hey, got to see a good movie again! So its such a good movie! Sooo good and soo sad! But if yall haven't seen this movie yall should definitely! Anyone seen it and feel me on what I'm talkin about? If not, I give

Defiance - 9/10
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #3497
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Paranoid Park - 8.3/10

Gus Van Sant once again proving why he is one of the best art house directors alive. He held an open casting for the film and most of the actors used had little to no acting experience. Not many film makers have the ability or are even capable of portraying today's youth in such a natural way. The camera work is very dreamy and even surreal at times which illustrates a picture that feels as if it's seen through wide teenage eyes.

The story centers around a 16 year old skateboarder who accidently kills a security guard. The film is shot on location in Portland Oregon.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 03-22-2010 at 08:21 PM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #3498
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has an OK reputation so far

50 cent Before I Self Destruct

6/10 would have been more but the ending sucked.
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #3499
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

I just watched Woody Allen's Annie Hall. I find Woody to be an interesting guy and to me this is his best film. The cliche romantic comedies we see today have nothing on this film.

Genuinely funny, neurotic and realistic. Great film, transcends time, I give it a 9.5/10.

Even if the guy is a super perv and a little weird, I find his stuff hilarious.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #3500
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

7/10
Pretty funny, and some very funny parts. loved clooneys character. wondered at first whether there was actually a plot, but you realise afterwards what the fcuk its all about.
Would seriously recommend it
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #3501
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Has anyone seen this?

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #3502
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Has anyone seen this?

yes - this is a cool aussie western thats set in the outback. nick cave wrote the screenplay and it's directed by john hillcoat (director of the road). it's a very stylized and modern western. pearce and winstone both give great performances.

this land will be civilized.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #3503
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I finally got to see Gentlemen Broncos. I've been waiting since summer, when I saw Sam Rockwell talking about it.

I'd give it a 7.7/10, as I suspected there were quite a few funny parts. Sam Rockwell was f*cking awesome, as usual. Jemaine Clement, Mike White, and the rest of the cast worked very well.

The plot has been done, a person had their story stolen... It had subtle humor, some absurd moments, pretentious dialogue, hilarious Bronco scenes, and a purposeful cheesy/terrible feel.

I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't spectacular, but I'd watch it a few times.

"We can add -onious, -ainous, and -anous to just about anything and it becomes magical."

Gentlemen Broncos Trailer
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #3504
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

9.8/10

(1959) Quite possibly one of the greatest films I've ever seen. It captures so much in such a little amount of time (75 minutes or so). Every shot is meaningful. It's influenced by Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, and was the influence for Taxi Driver, so if you're familiar with those, you'll love this. Had to take .2 off because it took a while to mess with the subtitles to where they're completely synced up, but it hardly detracts from the experience. The more French you know, the more you'll enjoy it.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #3505
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marathon Man

I didn't even know this is where the famous "Is it safe?" line came from. I was just flipping around and decided to check it out since it had 3 stars on my cable rating.

It was a decent 70s thriller. The famous "Is it safe" scene really made me uncomfortable. I haven't watched too many movies about Nazis living in the US post WWII so it was quite interesting. (what was that one where the kid finds a Nazi in the apartment upstairs? I think thats the only other one I have seen) The main problem I had with it was it had some rough editing where different takes were clearly spliced together or where they would take out frames to make it look like things were moving faster. Of course, that comes with the territory in older movies.

All in all I say its worth watching. Its not the best movie ever but it certainly held my interest.

3 1/2 stars out of 4.

Last edited by kentatm : 03-25-2010 at 08:35 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #3506
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

District 9...I give it about a 7 out of 10.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #3507
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
yes - this is a cool aussie western thats set in the outback. nick cave wrote the screenplay and it's directed by john hillcoat (director of the road). it's a very stylized and modern western. pearce and winstone both give great performances.

Damn, I should've downloaded it while at work. Now I have to wait 'til tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #3508
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Has anyone seen this?

really good, under rated film, get on it immediatly, especially as you like westerns, although its quite brutal.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #3509
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Yeah I downloaded an HD rip of it last night, gonna watch it this weekend.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #3510
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
it's a very stylized and modern western. pearce and winstone both give great performances.

thats exactly how i felt about it, good score from cave to and i especially liked the older brother, i think played by danny huston, emily watson is also in it, and john hurt, its loaded with great actors.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: