Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #3601
IlliniFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
I can see the point that you find it kind of gay. I guess I'm a sucker for Romance movies.
Yeah I assumed you were a girl..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #3602
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo triology earlier this week. The first is very good, 7.5/10ish, the others...not so good. Not bad, but no higher than a 6.

The girl who played the lead though, I have no idea if she speaks English, but if she does she's about to ruin Ellen Page's career.

This in depth insight brought to you by InspiredLebowski.

damn thats dissapointing, the first is one of the best films this year so far imo, the other two dont come out till later in the year. i had fairly high hopes for them.
everyone is damning the u.s for doing the remake and i have to say i dont see how it can work, however once i saw the line up im reconsidering- david fincher to direct= perfect for this material/tone with carey mulligan as the lead and johhny depp,brad pitt and george cloony as the support so far....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #3603
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Hoop Dreams 10/10
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #3604
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

I've seen a few flicks in the past week and 1/2 or so...

Rating: 6/10
Perfectly adequate summer popcorn flick, but nothing memorable in my view. The main villain was lame as hell, whips? Sam Rockwell, who I'm a fan of, pulled off what I thought was impossible- he was even more of a d*uchebag than RDJr's Tony Stark. But one thing I learned though- Scarlett Johannsen can get it twice a day and 4 times on Sunday.

Rating: 6.5/10
Finally caught a bootleg of this. I respect that they tried to get away from the tired, cliched 'love story' but in the end it ended up being more corny than any run-of-the-mill boy/girl story. They went on about fate, 'the one', etc. Her name was Autumn... come on.

Rating: 8/10

This one was refreshing. Film about a severely dysfunctional family who somehow manage to function and their many secrets and quirks. Perfect mix of comedy and drama and the casting directors earned their cut. Great to see Andy Garcia on the screen again, he was great.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #3605
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Aite I saw alot of movies the last month but didnt get a chance to rate them, so I'm gonna try to remember them and rate them. I'll post a list here first and rate each one by one:

Shooter
The Blind Side
Iron Man 2
Cop Out
Death at a Funeral
American Gangster
Gridlock'd
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #3606
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Gridlock'd:

I thought it was a really good movie, the story was great, how what drugs can do to you and when u try to get rid of that addiction the world will do anything for u to not stop and little circumstances keep comin up for u to not stop. Tupac did a great job acting, too bad he wasn't alive for this movie. Oh and I also loved how they put in comedy in a serious intense plot, where some parts made you laugh. It was just about real life basically, how they treat drug addicts and how some people are really racists. So overall a great movie. I had to write my 3rd critique on this movie but I didn't, I would've posted that if I had written it. So yea just a lil fyi. But I'll give

Gridlock'd - 8/10
Old 05-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #3607
Legend of Josh
Banned

Edge of Darkness

7.5 / 10

Pretty solid.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #3608
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Death at a Funeral: (2010 film)

I thought it was whack/stupid to be honest, like it wasn't really that funny at all, I laughed a couple times and thats it. There was no real story, thought it was just dumb to be honest, wasted my $5. I don't recommend for yall to watch this movie at all. I'll give

Death at a Funeral - 5/10
Old 05-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #3609
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

7.5/10

Watched for obvious reasons. Some of it was cliched but otherwise an interesting story with some very accurate portrayals. I've always liked Campbell Scott and Hope Davis. Dennis Leary's character is a little superfluous here.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #3610
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Ping Pong Playa- 8/10

I don't care what anyone says, I found this movie to be outstanding. The comedy is funny but not like shit yourself laughing funny. It deals with racial assimilation and family relationships underneath everything. The soundtrack is perfect, and the film style is well done.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #3611
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

American Gangster:

Ok so I don't think I have to summarize or put the synopsis of that film cuz I'm sure everyone's seen this movie. But if you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to. One of the best movies of all time in my opinion! I saw it like a week ago though and thought it was amazing! Its such a good movie! Denzel was Denzel and he did an AMAZING job like he always does! The story was great, just a great movie overall! I have to give

American Gangster - 9/10
Old 05-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #3612
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

The scene where Denzel shoots the dude at point blank in broad daylight was so awesome.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #3613
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Iron Man 2- I liked it a lot, but I am pretty easy to please when it comes to movies. I do my best not to over-analyze and just enjoy. I saw it twice. I thought there were some funny parts, good action, and good acting. I have no idea about the in-depth crap, like the script, lighting, etc, because I wasn't really paying attention to that (And rarely do unless there is something that stands out to me one way or another). I was impressed by Scar Jo's action scenes. I thought she did a good job and it looked real fluid.

8.5/10. I heard a lot of the critics were harsh on it, but it's probably for reasons that, for me, didn't reduce the level of enjoyment for me.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #3614
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Shooter:

Saw it like 2 days ago, thought it was very intense and suspenseful! Mark Wahlberg is a beast! Some parts are unrealistic though. Good entertainment for a night! Worth watching once for sure! I'll give it about...

Shooter - 7/10
Old 05-17-2010, 11:45 PM   #3615
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

The Blind Side:

wow...omg...ummm I really dont know what to say about this movie! Beyond words about how amazing this movie is! Very inspiratational! Almost made me do what I NEVER do in movies and well I didn't cry but I did get chills! Amazing movie and story...I recommend this movie to EVERYONE! Just great! wow.... I have to give it

The Blind Side - 9.5/10
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: