Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #3676
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
The site is called KaraGarga or KG for short. I don't have any invites at the moment, but you used to be able to fill out an application for membership(no BS) which is how I got in, but that was like four years ago now and I don't think they're doing that any more. At the very least I couldn't find anything about it.

Oh, I think you told me about it a while ago and I never signed up on it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Did anyone see the movie "Moon" with Kevin Spacey? Thought about giving it a try but unsure what to expect.

Spacey doesn't really have much of a role in that movie. It's Sam Rockwell's baby. Spacey plays a voice role, rather convincingly, too. I was thinking during the second viewing of that movie that he sounds nothing like HAL 9000, which is what everyone would compare him to. If I were actually on a spacecraft and had a machine that interacted with me, I would want Spacey's voice to be used with it. It's just. . . relaxing.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #3677
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Did anyone see the movie "Moon" with Kevin Spacey? Thought about giving it a try but unsure what to expect.

everyone on here raves about moon. good film. great to see british independant sci fi. good concept, great acting and score.
8.5/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #3678
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
everyone on here raves about moon. good film. great to see british independant sci fi. good concept, great acting and score.
8.5/10

yo ukplayer lets get our poker thang done
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 AM   #3679
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

State Of Play. 6.5/10.

Russell Crowe, Rachel McAdams, Ben Affleck, directed by Kevin Macdonald (Last King Of Scotland fame). It just screams let's write some current headlines into a screenplay and throw in some mercenary conspiracy stuff. Affleck's a congressman and his mistress (research ass't) gets assassinated by Blackwater (or Pointcorp, whatever they veiled it as in the flick) because she's about to uncover some zillion dollar contracts brought about by collusion etc etc. Crowe's the old school reporter, McAdams, who was better than I thought possible for her but still pretty shitty, is the new school protege he's showing the ropes during their reporting of the story.

It's worthwhile, maybe even decent, I've got absolutely no complaints about the direction, I don't think Macdonald could've done anymore with what he was given. I really liked Helen Mirren (surprise) as the head editor of the paper Crowe and McAdams worked for and the little subplot of her trying to push for copy and sales over research and story, I wish it'd been a bigger part, but I understand why it wasn't. Just felt really opportunistic and slapped together to me.

Jason Bateman's got a bit part as a slick haired scumbag informant though. That's where the extra half point came from.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #3680
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How To Train Your Dragon - 8.9
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #3681
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

So basically this movie is about a slightly retarded/sub-par intelligent man, who dresses up as a superhero to fight all that is unjust in the world. His arsenal of weapons includes a trench club, some marbles and wasps. To top all this off, this character is played by Woody Harrelson.

Do i really need to say more to get you to watch it?

8/10- highly, highly entertaining.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #3682
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quata

So basically this movie is about a slightly retarded/sub-par intelligent man, who dresses up as a superhero to fight all that is unjust in the world. His arsenal of weapons includes a trench club, some marbles and wasps. To top all this off, this character is played by Woody Harrelson.

Do i really need to say more to get you to watch it?

8/10- highly, highly entertaining.

no you dont, im making this a priority, never heard of it before. is it as awesome as it sounds?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #3683
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just a romantic comedy but it has some originality and quirkiness that I really liked. It was something that I actually enjoyed and surprisingly kept my attention the whole movie, which is rare for a romantic comedy. This might have something to do with Jeremy Piven being in the movie he is ****ing awesome. I made a thread about this movie last weekend too but thats only because I was drunk as shit lol. I'll give it a 7.3 out of 10.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #3684
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
no you dont, im making this a priority, never heard of it before. is it as awesome as it sounds?

No. It's still pretty good though, and is probably a much more realistic take on what would happen if you actually tried to be a superhero(i.e. you'd get your ass kicked a bunch).

Peacock

Trailer

What a bizarre movie. This is about a mentally unstable guy with multiple personalties(his "other" being his wife) living out his delusion peacefully in a small town, until one day a train derails into his back yard, making him the focal point of the town, and subsequently causing everyone to notice the "wife" they never knew he had. Even though it starts off slow(really picks up about halfway through, though), it's always interesting to see the dynamics between his two personalities in interacting with the local populace. Cillian Murphy does a great job in this. Bill Pullman and Josh Lucas are also in it.

Overall it's a pretty strong film with a great performance by Murphy, though I did wonder why the towns people didn't at any point remark on how he and his "wife" looked similar.

7.3/10

Last edited by ShannonElements : 04-15-2010 at 04:21 AM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #3685
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I watched it this weekend. If you do watch it PM me and explain it to me.

You didn't get it? (No offense)

If you really need some help grasping it, PM me haha.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #3686
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
You didn't get it? (No offense)

If you really need some help grasping it, PM me haha.

'Moon' was sooo good. I loved Rockwell's performance and the soundtrack was impressive. Also, I always have respect for a film that has limited funding but that makes up for it with pure creativity.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #3687
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ninja Assassin. 5/10. story was dumb but had some neat fight moments. LOTS of gore.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #3688
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Moon was sooo good. I loved Rockwell's performance and the soundtrack was impressive.

Rockwell has been one of my favorites since he did a quest spot on Stella (comedy show with Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, Davod Wain).

You should check out Gentlemen Broncos. It just came out on dvd and Rockwell plays this fictional sci-fi character Bronco. It's incredibly hilarious. He's not the main character FYI, maybe 15 minutes of screen time throughout... Still a very funny movie in my opinion.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #3689
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

going to watch a movie for the first time in nearly 2 months tonight . just can't decide which one yet.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #3690
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^I personally thought Gentleman Broncos was crap. One of the worst movies I've actually watched all the way through. It's obvious to me at this point that Napoleon Dynamite was just a flash in the pan.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: