Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #3736
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Anyone seen Death at a Funeral yet? gonna go see it tomorrow w/friends.
Ive seen the original. Its funny, though dude from firefly wasnt great IMO. Overall a very entertaining movie. maybe 6-7/10.

as for broken lizard, they have some terrible movies. Puddle Cruisers and Club Dread were atrocious. Beerfest was funny but not all that inventive. SuperTroopers is on another level than the rest of their shit.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #3737
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Couples Retreat.

It was nearly two hours of nothingness. I might have laughed twice. Horrible movie. I thought Vince Vaughn would have brought me something a little better than that.

3/10
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #3738
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chloe

Fairly slow paced, but a very well made movie.

7/10.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #3739
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Kick Ass 10/10

amazing movie...
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #3740
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Rewatched after a good 7-8 years, mind-blowing film. 10/10.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #3741
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A Nightmare on Elm Street: 8/10; great 80's horror, but no boobies.

They Died With Their Boots On (1941): 6.5/10; A great Errol Flynn movie where he plays a Vince-Vaughnish fast talking Custer. Holds up well for it's age.

A Nightmare on Elm Street II: 5.5/10; A more existential take than the first, but little explanation and meaning.

Some Like It Hot (1959): 9/10; A classic comedy that holds up extraordinarily well today. Especially the dialog.

Fantastic Mr. Fox: 9/10; A wonderful take on a kids story with plenty of humor for adults.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: 7/10; Back to the roots of the original, and even bringing in some of the original cast. Laurence Fishburne is a nice addition.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #3742
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Date Night.

6/10. Dumb plot, not really funny. Would of been a 5/10 but Tina Fey being so ****ing hot adds an extra point.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #3743
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let's do some 2010 movies:

Legion - 3/10
- Complete garbage filled with stupid characters and an even more stupid story.

She's Out of My League - 7/10
- The first 30 minutes or so are not too good but stick with it and it turns into a good movie with some truths as to how men and women perceive each other. Most of the side characters are poorly written (especially Kirk's family) but the two lead actors do a great job and have very good chemistry between them. Jay Baruchel should be getting more of these bigger roles.

The Crazies - 6/10
- Not bad. Still falls victim to characters doing the usual stupid things they do in thrillers (for fucks sake, STOP SPLITTING UP!). It never bored me and was actually very exciting at times. Cool conspiracy angle too. Never saw the original but this was better than I expected.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #3744
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ink: 6/10

This is a weird one because I'm not sure just how I feel about this one yet. I plan to view it again soon but I like it. I started out feeling that I was watching a part of a series and I missed the previous movies. But as the movie went on the story became very familiar and kinda predictable.

But the visuals were outstanding. The style and creative presentation of this film was far and away the best part of it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #3745
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
5/10 About as bad as you would have imagined. Its unbelievable how stale and bland it is. Its like Smith was trying to make a bad movie, he didnt hold back anything bad.. bad acting, hack directing, recycled humor. The film is the epithome of a stupid buddy cop movie.

Your on crack

Copout was easily a 8 out of 10...
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #3746
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Rating: I want my f*cking money back. Hit Girl was the only redeeming quality of this steaming pile of Tarantino-wannabe bullshit.

Kickass was a 4 out of 10
I agree that Hit Girl was the only good part of the movie...
The last 30 mins or so was the only good part of the movie
Nicholas Cage is always HORRRRIBBBLLLEEEE
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #3747
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually liked Kick Ass. Didn't really read about it before hand or know what the hell it was even about. Though it was a dumb pg 13 superhero movie and was pleasantly surprised. 7.5/10 in my book...
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #3748
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kick Ass - 8.0/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #3749
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Was a little long, but it was easy to watch and enjoy mostly because the actor of michael oher was pretty likable. But I wouldn't watch it again and I don't see what was so special about it that it deserved to get nominated. 7/10

So now i've seen all best picture nominees except precious and I still stand by my inglorious basterds decision.
vapid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #3750
Emma Skillpa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Emma Skillpa has an OK reputation so far

Peacock.

It was OK.

Not my cup of tea I guess you could say.

8/10
Emma Skillpa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: