Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #3946
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Alice In Wonderland: 35%

I just can't help but wonder if I've seen this movie before? Johnny Depp playing Johnny Depp again. Or should I say Captain Jack Sparrow, or Willy Wonka, or Sweeney Todd. They're all the same to me. Very minor differences. And I know someone will not like what I have just said. I don't like Johnny Depp, and this movie wasn't any better.

Edge Of Darkness: N/A

I watched a really old version that I downloaded from many months ago, therefore the audio was terrible and I don't feel like I can give this a subjective review. However, I will say that the Boston accents were pretty spot-on, and I guess you don't realize how annoying you sound until you see it on the big screen. We sound like idiots. I also didn't pay enough attention I guess because I was lost as some points. Who was the fat English guy and what was his purpose? I'm asking because I'll probably never watch this again.

Shutter Island: 84%

This is probably the most reviewed movie in this thread so I'll spare you mine. It was kind of ruined since I was dying to read any spoilers. And like everyone said, it was painfully obvious after a certain point what was going to happen. However, It's still a great movie and I enjoyed it very much. What a great cast, too. Heavyweights.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #3947
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Princess and The Frog - 8.0
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #3948
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

leprechaun in space. 0.0/10
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #3949
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
leprechaun in space. 0.0/10

I think you are underrating it. It deserves a 0.25
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #3950
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

About Shutter Island's ending:
At one point, I thought "Yeah ok so he's going to end up being a prisoner there this whole time". But then the way they explained it...I don't know I kind of got this image in my head that they were trying to trick him. So I felt bad because I'm seeing him on the steps outside of the thing the next morning and I'm thinking "Wow he really thinks hes crazy now?".

So when the psychiatrist said what are you thinking now? and he said "I gotta get off this rock chuck" and the psychiatrist gave this little look like to the dean guy who was bald. Thats when I thought "Oh shit!" hes actually crazy and then they did the whole flashback thing.

One can't help but ponder the prowess of thine magnets.

fuckin' magnets!
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #3951
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

about to watch ghost dog: way of the samurai

anyone watch it, any thoughts/opinions?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #3952
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Edge Of Darkness: N/A

I watched a really old version that I downloaded from many months ago, therefore the audio was terrible and I don't feel like I can give this a subjective review. However, I will say that the Boston accents were pretty spot-on, and I guess you don't realize how annoying you sound until you see it on the big screen. We sound like idiots. I also didn't pay enough attention I guess because I was lost as some points. Who was the fat English guy and what was his purpose? I'm asking because I'll probably never watch this again.

i watched this last week and thought it was decent. about a 7/10. **spoiler in white**He was a mafia guy that was hired to "clean up" the mess, but ended up feeling sympathetic for the guy because he had lost his daughter (this mafia guy had no wife/kids). I think he also had a terminal disease anyway so in the scene where he took out the people that hired him, he asked the guard as he was getting away if he had a family, when he said yes he lowered his gun and the guard shot him dead.

These two are movies i just watched for the first time and im sure almost everyone here has already so i won't go into detail, just rating.

Donnie Brasco 9.5/10
Dog Day Afternoon 10/10
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #3953
Apples
Banned

Apples has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

It's a good movie. I had already read "Hagakure" before seeing it, so it was really cool seeing how much of it was in the movie. It may make you want to read that book after seeing the movie.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #3954
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I watched the first Indiana Jones movie yesterday and I still love it. Classic.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #3955
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

very cool film. very mixed up tonally in a way that shouldnt work but it just does. ive watched it about 30 times and i always enjoy it.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #3956
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
i watched this last week and thought it was decent. about a 7/10. **spoiler in white**

Thanks. I wasn't sure if he was a government spook or mafia.

Youth In Revolt: 26%

I can't help but think we have another Johnny Depp on our hands. Michael Cera plays Michael Cera in every goddamn movie. I'm not even sure why I wasted my time. It wasn't funny, and the writers should probably put down the thesaurus because no American teenager talks like these did.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #3957
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
iron man 2 has nothing on watchmen....nothing.

I love Watchmen. It obviously is a tad more ambitious artistically. I would rate it slightly above IM2 even though it has more obvious flaws to me personally
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #3958
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples
Yeah, nothing amazing, but there's something about it that's made me watch it a few times.

Don't think I could EVER watch a Channing Tatum/ Terrence Howard film about fighting called...FIGHTING once, let alone a few times
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #3959
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Movie night #6 time!!! Watchin State of Play!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #3960
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bout to watch "Bronson." The lead supposedly puts in a great performance, though the poster calls it a "Clockwork Orange for the 21st century." Sounds pretty ambitious.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: