Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #4006
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
http://media.dvdtown.com/images/disp...ype=1&p age=0

Shooter.

I actually enjoyed this movie. 7.75/10. bunch of action and decent story line where this guy gets framed for an assassination attempt at the president if the United States.

Recommended for people who like the Bourne movies and Taken.
yup! I liked it alot too...
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #4007
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Shocking that an Eastwood afficionado such as yourself hasn't seen OUATITW.

Oh well, we all have a couple of those on our list.

Because It's Leone? I also haven't seen OUATIA.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #4008
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Because It's Leone? I also haven't seen OUATIA.
OUATIA is a great movie. It's pretty long so make sure you have time to watch it, but I highly recommend it (whatever my recommendation is worth to you )

Which movie should I watch next:
Zombie Land (already seen it)
The Big Lebowski (already seen it)
The Sting
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Evil Dead
Dog Day Afternoon (already seen it)
Carlito's Way
The boondock's saints (surprisingly haven't seen it)
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #4009
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Cuckoos nest, Carlitos Way, or Boondocks depending on mood.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #4010
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Cuckoos nest, Carlitos Way, or Boondocks depending on mood.
I love Carlito and I just got a VGA cable so I can watch it on my LCD T.V.. I think I'll go with that.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #4011
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Unthinkable

This was a wild ****ing movie. The basic premise is of a guy(an American) that makes a video, claiming to have placed three nuclear bombs in three American cities, and that they'll go off unless his demands are met(which are largely religion-driven). And the government takes him pretty seriously considering certain facts. The movie really plays off the question of how far you'd be willing to go to get the truth out of someone.

When potentially millions of people are about to die, not too many objections are raised to absolutely shocking, abhorrent interrogation techniques. And even when they do pop up, there's always the rebuttal of "Torture has worked since the Dawn of Mankind...would you rather let millions of people die? We can't afford morality."

Samuel L. Jackson is menacing as always, and everyone turns in fine performances. The movie is technically sound, even if a bit fantastical. Of course, given the subject matter, you would expect it to be.

7.3/10

Trailer

Last edited by ShannonElements : 08-18-2010 at 01:34 AM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50 AM   #4012
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Finally watched The Godfather. It was really good and I have no real idea why. The acting was good, sure, but even then, I didn't think the characters were forced to use great range in acting skill. The story was intriguing. It's kind of like Slumdog Millionaire for me. I know I'm watching a great movie, but I just can't pin what it is about it that makes it so good. I had seen random scenes before, and was always mah about it, but then my roommate DL it and we decided to watch it instead of TV shows. It's really long (3 hours), pretty slow paced, and a lack of action, but still got me captivated.

9.5/10. One of the older movies that everybody raves about that I actually felt lived up to the billing. Overcoming my opinion that I had before watching it.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #4013
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

7/10, cheesy old school (for me) comedy ftw
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #4014
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Unthinkable
Samuel L. Jackson is menacing as always, and everyone turns in fine performances. The movie is technically sound, even if a bit fantastical. Of course, given the subject matter, you would expect it to be.

7.5/10

Trailer

Just watched this and thought it was pretty good. Really hated that Trinity *****, such a moron. Also, though its not proven... i think some of the things in the movie are not too much further than what the US government would/has go/gone under similar circumstances.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #4015
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

TonyJones has decent reputationTonyJones has decent reputation

Edge of Darkness

It was a decent movie. I give it a 7/10.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #4016
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Finally watched The Godfather. It was really good and I have no real idea why. The acting was good, sure, but even then, I didn't think the characters were forced to use great range in acting skill. The story was intriguing. It's kind of like Slumdog Millionaire for me. I know I'm watching a great movie, but I just can't pin what it is about it that makes it so good. I had seen random scenes before, and was always mah about it, but then my roommate DL it and we decided to watch it instead of TV shows. It's really long (3 hours), pretty slow paced, and a lack of action, but still got me captivated.

9.5/10. One of the older movies that everybody raves about that I actually felt lived up to the billing. Overcoming my opinion that I had before watching it.
I still haven't seen any of them but its on my list of movies to watch this summer!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #4017
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

9/10

Woody Harrelson and Emily Mortimer are an American couple returning from a mission trip to China. They decide to extend their trip and take the Transsiberian railroad from Vladivostok to Moscow. Along the way they get involved with the Russian underworld in a clever and intriguing way. Full of suspense and surprises this film was much better than I thought it would be. Cudos to Ben Kingsley who is absolutely believable as a Russian cop.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #4018
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Sting [1973]: 94%

I had a lot of fun watching this movie. That's not something that's often said about a film, but that's what I felt during it. You actually feel like you're in on the con. And I don't really know how to articulate it properly, but the movie felt longer than it actually was, but in a good way. It was the perfect mix, I think. It packed in the perfect mix of story-telling, character development and action. I was surprised to look at my clock and only see that just about two hours had passed when it honestly felt like 3 or 4.

Two really great twists that genuinely surprised me at the end. And the film didn't go overboard like some others do [Ocean's 75 or whatever]. It was layered just right.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #4019
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Clash of the Titans is utter rubberish! If you like CG stuff you would love it but outside of that its trash. The story and characters are undeveloped.

I am fortunate to be old enough to have seen the original which had poor graphics stuff like that but the story made a little more sense.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #4020
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I Love You, Phillip Morris

When I saw the above poster, I just assumed it was the usual Carrey hijinks. I was right. And wrong. And neither. I can see why it flopped, and that kind of pisses me off, to be honest. ****ing society.

This is one of the best 'gay' movies of all-time. Of course, that's a really short list. I will go ahead and reveal that early plot twist, because I don't want some of you retards getting mad at me when you see a dude spitting c*m out of his mouth.

Lots of good, obscene comedy here. But the movie doesn't really come into it's own until the second half.

7/10

Trailer
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: