Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #4021
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

9/10

Woody Harrelson and Emily Mortimer are an American couple returning from a mission trip to China. They decide to extend their trip and take the Transsiberian railroad from Vladivostok to Moscow. Along the way they get involved with the Russian underworld in a clever and intriguing way. Full of suspense and surprises this film was much better than I thought it would be. Cudos to Ben Kingsley who is absolutely believable as a Russian cop.

I've been touting Transiberian for a couple years now it seems. The close, confined spaces on the train remind me a bit of a Hitchcock flick. Not Strangers on a Train specifically, but there's that. But a little of how rearwindow is jammed in that one room for so long too.
Then it blows open outside, in the harshly lit white snow with Emily Mortimer and the spaniard guy (who's great).
Just a really well done almost old fashioned suspense flick.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #4022
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last few movies I watched

Kick-Ass 7/10 --> not bad
Fight Club 8.5/10 --> good movie of course
Unthinkable 7/10 --> pretty wild movie
S. Darko 1/10 --> this movie is so wack
Jumper 6.5/10 --> it was ok
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #4023
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I Love You, Phillip Morris

When I saw the above poster, I just assumed it was the usual Carrey hijinks. I was right. And wrong. And neither. I can see why it flopped, and that kind of pisses me off, to be honest. ****ing society.

This is one of the best 'gay' movies of all-time. Of course, that's a really short list. I will go ahead and reveal that early plot twist, because I don't want some of you retards getting mad at me when you see a dude spitting c*m out of his mouth.

Lots of good, obscene comedy here. But the movie doesn't really come into it's own until the second half.

7/10

Trailer

agreed, i thought it was excellent. maybe carreys best performance ever, certainly mcgregors. shame it got banned from u.s cinemas for being too gay cause it deserved to do very well.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #4024
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
agreed, i thought it was excellent. maybe carreys best performance ever, certainly mcgregors. shame it got banned from u.s cinemas for being too gay cause it deserved to do very well.

watching this next...forgot all about this movie.

last movie i saw was Kick-Ass last week. 8.5/10 -- very entertaining...hit girl was sick.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #4025
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

How to train your Dragon:

Pretty good movie, better than I thought it would be. And the 3-D is very nice in this movie, very well used.

7.7/10
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #4026
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

It's been awhile I disliked a movie so much.

I admit that I haven't read the book, but I sort of figured the movie was in trouble when Wahlberg shows up, but he turns out to be one of the least of the movies problems.

As annoyed as I was by the tone shifts in the movie, it still could have been better of Peter didn't insist on dragging the movie out with so many effects. It's not that the running time is actually that long, but he is so obbessed the effects that he fails to develop the characters that could have grounded this movie in at least a bit of realism. The loving father angle is never full developed. I'm sorry, but one or two conversations doesn't really show that a father loves his daughter and will go to any lengths. And yeah, even if you overlook that, the Len Fenerman barely has spoken to Susie and yet he is broken beyond repair by her being missing?

Were supposed to understand that people deal with tragedies in different ways, but how can you care when the angles aren't developed? You don't have to detail every little thing, but make it somewhat believable And the Susan Sarandon character was terrible. She pops in and out of the movie to add a few lines and drank up all the booze. What the hell is that?

The missing girl and Tucci gave good efforts, but it seemed like everyone knew this was turkey and just cashed the check. To me, this movie is only a step above Uwe Boll's offerings.

2/10
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #4027
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Batman Gotham Knight

7/10
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #4028
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love this movie, I've watched it so many times, it gets better and better.

The music was heaps good in this movie.

10/10
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #4029
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

DOA: Dead or Alive- It's pretty much what you expect it to be. Some cool fight scenes. Some corny ones. The whole premise is corny, but you should know what you are about to watch when you choose to watch this. I enjoyed it. It's just 1.25 hours of fun, with a couple of things to make you laugh here and there. There were hot chicks, so it is easy to watch. The actors aren't bad (for the most part), just the writing doesn't allow you to see it, really. It did actually have a story.

Enjoyability- 7/10. Something fun you can watch when you're just chillin'
Quality- 4/10

Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #4030
UK-NJ
High School Starter

UK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected poster

12 Angry Men

Brilliant film. It may all be set within one room, but it has you gripped from start to finish. Highly recommended.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #4031
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-NJ

Brilliant film. It may all be set within one room, but it has you gripped from start to finish. Highly recommended.

Henry Fonda was excellent. he nailed it.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #4032
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-NJ
12 Angry Men

If you liked that, you'll like Rear Window.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #4033
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'm downloading these movies, all of which I've never seen, bolded are the ones that I've been wanting to see for a long while:

the Lives Of Others - 8/10
the Sting - 8/10
Stand By Me
- 9/10
Sleuth
Brief Encounter - 7/10
Rope
Bonnie & Clyde - 5/10
La Strada - 9/10
Anatomy Of a Murder
the Lady Vanishes
Once Upon A Time In the West - 8/10
Das Boot - 9/10
Chinatown - 9/10
Double Indemnity - 9/10
the Birds
Vertigo - 10/10
Nice list, I put my ratings from what I remember. Shocked that you haven't seen Chinatown though. What about other Polanskis (Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby, Tenant etc)?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #4034
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Nice list, I put my ratings from what I remember. Shocked that you haven't seen Chinatown though. What about other Polanskis (Repulsion, Rosemary's Baby, Tenant etc)?

I thought I had Chinatown on DVD but I think I misplaced it, hence the downloading. And I forgot about Polanski, thanks for the heads up. As you can see, I'm on a Hitchcock kick right now.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #4035
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr

Love this movie, I've watched it so many times, it gets better and better.

The music was heaps good in this movie.

10/10
love this movie!!! one of mine and my mom's fav movies of all time!
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: