Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #4021
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Watched a couple tonight:

Legion

This shit was trash. Not at all what I expected. The premise of the movie is stupid IMO. They had some good actors, but the story was dumb. Not many likable characters. Just didn't really enjoy it.

4/10. Simply because there were actors that I liked and a couple of chuckle moments.

The Book of Eli

I loved it. It's a pretty constant, slower paced movie. Great actors in it. I probably liked it more than most because of my bias towards Denzel, since he is my favorite actor. There were some cool fight scenes. Some emotional scenes.

9/10
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:58 AM   #4022
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
Jackie Brown - 6.75/10
ehh...didn't really feel it. Maybe i was expecting a lot cause it was tarantino but i just really didn't think it was great at all. I couldn't believe the ending, VERY WEAK. VERY.

Go back to watching Pulp Fictions bullshit cartoon characters with yet another shitty John Travolta performance. Dude is a worthless actor.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #4023
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

10/10

The airport scene where he sticks out his tongue naturally is MIND BLASTING!
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #4024
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Watched a couple tonight:

Legion

This shit was trash. Not at all what I expected. The premise of the movie is stupid IMO. They had some good actors, but the story was dumb. Not many likable characters. Just didn't really enjoy it.

4/10. Simply because there were actors that I liked and a couple of chuckle moments.

um... what did you expect?
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:29 AM   #4025
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

the a-team.

it was fun, the tv show was ridiculous, this is even more ridiculous, and atleast they didn't try and do anything like give BA a ****ing personality, it was actually quite entertaining.
lots of shit blowing up, jessica biel, and 4 guys that specialize in the insane. i actually loved this movie and will see it again, its rewatchable like XXX. u guys hate to admit it but you love watching vin diesel blow shit up and **** up the russians.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #4026
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
um... what did you expect?

I didn't know anything about the movie, whatsoever. Just what I had remembered from a preview I saw a long time ago, lol. I was expecting fantasy, just not like that. I was expecting a more grandiose setting. Not just some run-down, hick restaurant in the middle of nowhere.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #4027
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

It was meh. It was just a dramatic romance movie, kind of lacking in the romance in itself. Didn't really like it, even though they had a good cast. It was well-done, just not my cup of tea.

Quality- 7/10
Enjoyability- 5/10
Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #4028
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Hot Tub Time Machine- It was funny. I wasn't sure what to expect, because I could see it sucking. I enjoyed it though.

8/10

Superman I (1978)- Liked it. I can see why people really like Christopher Reeves as Superman. I'm usually picky about the older movies, especially ones like these, where the premise of it is corny in itself. However, as long as you can get over the cheesiness of the flying and stuff, it's good. They dedicate a good bit of the movie (first 1/3 or more) to Superman's history and how he came to be who he is. Some of the younger actors were awful, but for the main actors, they were good. Main drawback is I think they could have done a better job building up Lex Luthor and the relationship between him and Clark. Seemed like it was more of a side-show to the movie and kind of rushed, even though the movie is really long (2.5 hours).

7/10
Old 06-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #4029
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Hot Tub Time Machine- It was funny. I wasn't sure what to expect, because I could see it sucking. I enjoyed it though.

8/10

I just saw this as well. I wasn't expecting to like it and between the name and previews I thought it would be the dumbest movie ever...but I actually found it pretty funny. I rate it: Good
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #4030
Fatal9
owwwww

Doctor Zhivago - 8 or 9/10

Finally got around to seeing this. It's flawed, most people who've seen it will tell you that, so it's almost like a guilty pleasure for me (though the film itself is too great to be one). It just stays with after you watch it and even with the shaky execution of the whole romance, you still come out very involved emotionally. I didn't read the book, but the film really is like a novel and the pace can seem somewhat leisurely because of that. It's 3.5 hours but I didn't mind. The scenery and cinematography like all Lean movies is spectacular so you have to see it in HD or cinema, otherwise it's pointless (opening scene of movie above). I like Omar Shariff but not sure about his performance as the lead here.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #4031
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Go back to watching Pulp Fictions bullshit cartoon characters with yet another shitty John Travolta performance. Dude is a worthless actor.
That is straight up blaphemy.

You make me sick.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #4032
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Rogue

BEST. KILLER. CROC. MOVIE. EVER.

Seriously. The cinematography and score are more befitting of an Oscar Nominee than a B Movie. The acting is pretty solid as well. You don't actually see the crocodile very often, but they do a pretty good job building tension by letting you know that it's out there. Some of the usual horror/suspense movie clichés are represented here, but overall this was a pretty good movie.

7.3/10

iMDB(6.5/10)
RottenTomatoes(100%)

Trailer
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #4033
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

The Runaways - What led me to watching this movie is a fan made video someone made using clips from the movie to a "Girl In A Coma" song called "Joanie In The City". I'm a big fan of the band and really like this song, which seems to be about Joan Jett...since they are on her record label. So the few clips I see get me interested and I check out the movie.

This movie is based (not sure how loosely) on the rise and fall of The Runaways. From the start you're already a day away from the band getting started, so there isn't much character development into the lives of the members prior to the band. For the most part the movie focuses on Joan Jett and Cherie Currie (Currie mostly). I must say, until I looked up the cast list on IMDb I had no idea that was Dakota Fanning playing Cherie in the movie. That girl has really grown up and will definitely continue to own her roles. Kristen Stewart (Twilight) deserves a lot of credit as well for her portrayal as Joan Jett. She has to be a big fan because she had Joan down to a T.

I won't go into details about their rise and fall, but if you were a heavy listener of The Runaways, don't expect a lot from this movie because so much of it is centered on Cherie Currie and the other members really do appear invisible. I felt this story could have been told better and have been bigger if it was done in an cable TV series (HBO); because even two hours wouldn't be enough to tell the story of The Runaways the best way it could. I rate this movie: Ok
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #4034
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Race to With Mountain- As far as kid movies go, this was a good one. There really weren't any awful moments in the movie (like corny, cheesy, etc). I'm a fan of Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), so I watch his movies. I wish he'd do more bad ass roles, but it's whatever. Nothing special, but still enjoyable to watch if you are just relaxing.

5/10
Old 06-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #4035
vapid
Paranoid Android

The first thing I said to my friend after we finished watching this was: This was like a 2.5 hour long bad episode of LOST. A lot of interesting clues and plot threads were laid out in the first half of the movie, but the resulting plot twists and reveal were very underwhelming. The main mystery was pretty easily solved and it was pretty much just one big clue that was fairly easily cracked. The movie also spend a significant amount of time building up the importance of the dragon tattoo girl but I never really cared about her. I guess thats the risk you run by adapting a book into a movie.
6.5/10
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: