Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #4111
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Withnail & I (1987)

A comedy about two would-be actor Londoners in their late 20s who spend their entire lives on drugs. They decide to go to a cabin in the countryside to dry out for a few days (which they don't), and there's the usual city-boy-in-the-country hijinks.

Some really funny lines, but there's a depression riding just under the surface that keeps things grounded in reality. A really good British movie. 7/10
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #4112
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
Withnail & I (1987)

A comedy about two would-be actor Londoners in their late 20s who spend their entire lives on drugs. They decide to go to a cabin in the countryside to dry out for a few days (which they don't), and there's the usual city-boy-in-the-country hijinks.

Some really funny lines, but there's a depression riding just under the surface that keeps things grounded in reality. A really good British movie. 7/10

wtf kind of bullshit is this, witnail and i is a stand alone masterpiece. 7 out of 10, really???
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #4113
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

ha, really. it's amusing and has rewatchability going for it but i don't call it a masterpiece.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #4114
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

TonyJones has decent reputationTonyJones has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus

10/10

this is an amazing film.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #4115
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched Twilight last night. I was literally laughing at some points. That's how bad it was, but overall, it really wasn't terrible.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #4116
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I watched Twilight last night

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #4117
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Up...

Great film 10/10

It was on Starz Family and I sat back and watched it.... loved every single second of it.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #4118
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And I'm now downloading New Moon. How 'bout it? Feel me?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #4119
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The last film I watched was New Moon. It was torture. Having to put up with a bunch of f@g end vampires, shirtless buff guys who morph into werewolves (but aren't actually werewolves, says my gf), which doesn't make any f*cking sense when Jacob has a shirt on later in the film and morphs into a werewolf just fine and then, on top of all that, I have to deal that sack of shit, no not Robert Pattinson (although he is a massive sack of shit), I'm talking about Kirsten Stewart. Who cannot act to save her drowning mother.

It also didn't help that I actually knew nothing of the story so had to keep gettin an update as to why certain things are going on.

Terrible acting. Terrible story. Plot holes here, there and everywhere.

4/10 and I'm being generous.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #4120
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

She was wonderful in Adventureland.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #4121
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I love that film. I think it's excellent and I agree she was good in it, but it's the same character she plays in every single one of her films. It just seemed to fit in, perfectly, to the role in Adventureland.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #4122
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I love that film. I think it's excellent and I agree she was good in it, but it's the same character she plays in every single one of her films. It just seemed to fit in, perfectly, to the role in Adventureland.

Well I've only seen two of her films, so I don't have a good sample size.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #4123
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
wtf kind of bullshit is this, witnail and i is a stand alone masterpiece. 7 out of 10, really???

agreed. Withnail and I might be my favorite movie of all time. If it's not 10/10 I don't know what is.

Quote:

she's great in Into The Wild and Undertow as well. I actually really like her but it might just be that I think she's so f*cking hot.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 06-17-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #4124
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had to look up the cast of Into The Wild to convince myself that sexy girl living in a bus was Kristen Stewart, she really was good. Generally I really dislike her.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #4125
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I had to look up the cast of Into The Wild to convince myself that sexy girl living in a bus was Kristen Stewart, she really was good. Generally I really dislike her.

yummy. she was still a teenager when this was filmed and she's obviously a little too skinny but fuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhuuuck.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: