Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #4171
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age
 
Raj Da Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 3,654
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Another movie to add on my watch again list: Shutter Island So the list so far is:

Inglorious Basterds
Watchmen
Daybreakers
Shutter Island
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #4172
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,187
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I tried watching Avatar. Got about 35 minutes in and had to shut it off. Bored to tears.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #4173
heyhey
stay mad golden state
 
heyhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina -Currently
Posts: 3,144
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I tried watching Avatar. Got about 35 minutes in and had to shut it off. Bored to tears.


if you are referring to the movie with the blue people. I know exactly what you mean. I can't watch and take seriously movies that are relaeased in 3d.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #4174
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,964
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I tried watching Avatar. Got about 35 minutes in and had to shut it off. Bored to tears.



as if you couldnt even sit through it.... you need to atleast wait till it gets going.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #4175
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,207
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
as if you couldnt even sit through it.... you need to atleast wait till it gets going.

it only get goes for about 30 minutes, which is a much shorter length than it takes to get there. and after that 30 minutes, it just falls off a cliff for another hour plus.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #4176
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,964
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
it only get goes for about 30 minutes, which is a much shorter length than it takes to get there. and after that 30 minutes, it just falls off a cliff for another hour plus.



i dont agree, the battle is way too long and drawn out, other than that tho it isnt a boring film and the pacing is fairly even.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #4177
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,717
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i dont agree, the battle is way too long and drawn out, other than that tho it isnt a boring film and the pacing is fairly even.
QFT
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #4178
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,717
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Toy Story 3 - 8.9 / 10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #4179
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,187
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I don't really know what to say. I was literally bored out of my mind. The movie doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. Visuals do not appeal to me. Who gives a f*ck about some tree or plant? Jesus that movie is crap.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #4180
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,964
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I don't really know what to say. I was literally bored out of my mind. The movie doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. Visuals do not appeal to me. Who gives a f*ck about some tree or plant? Jesus that movie is crap.



wow, thats impressive analysis dr. montreux.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #4181
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,207
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

i would've walked away really liking it if they had cut out the 4th act overkill battle scene. the movie did not need it.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:47 AM   #4182
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Gran Turino

7/10

The asian kid that played Tao (or Toad lol) was horrendously bad. I have a hard time believe they could have found someone better. It was an ok story but nothing that great. Clint is Clint and I always like his movies and this one was at least enjoyable. I thought it was hilarious tho. Whether it be all of the degrading racial slurs or Clint just hating everyone from priest to black kids I laughed a lot. The ending was pretty good too. I didn't expect it (prob because I was drunk) and I thought it was well done.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:31 AM   #4183
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,187
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I'm half-way through A Single man but I'm too tired to finish it. Colin Firth is magnificent so far.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #4184
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,207
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Gran Turino

7/10

The asian kid that played Tao (or Toad lol) was horrendously bad. I have a hard time believe they could have found someone better. It was an ok story but nothing that great. Clint is Clint and I always like his movies and this one was at least enjoyable. I thought it was hilarious tho. Whether it be all of the degrading racial slurs or Clint just hating everyone from priest to black kids I laughed a lot. The ending was pretty good too. I didn't expect it (prob because I was drunk) and I thought it was well done.

yeah i watched that drunk and i had a blast. my friend had a surround sound system so you could really catch the nuances of all of eastwood's grunts.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:41 AM   #4185
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn
 
alwaysunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,858
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Just finished watching Soul Plane on BET..glad I never paid to watch this garbage when it came out.

I rather watch Soul Plane 2 from The Boondocks
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy