Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #4306
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

green zone with matt damon. 6/10

formulaic but watchable. enjoyed it much more than the belabored hurt locker.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #4307
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Shutter Island 61%

Above average. A little predictable, some nice acting though and i always thought Mark Ruffalo was underated.

Frailty 67%

What seems at first as another predictable thriller towards the end turns into movie with just enough twists to keep you interested and one final one that will caught you of guard. Although there are many ways people will explain this film to themself, but this is what is appealing to me cause you have so many options, so many different versions that make sense when you are done watching it. Basically not a movie you forget in an hour or so, but a movie that will keep you thinking.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #4308
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I don't remember that at all.

When Laurie and Mike are rustling around at the end she unmasks him pretty cleanly. HE has brown hair and a flucked up eye and looks somewhat like an inbreed despite being a pretty boy as a young killa
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #4309
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Reign Over Me 75%

Just a beautiful film all around. One i could watch again tomorrow and not be bored with it. Good acting, i can say that for Adam Sandler too since its a more dramatic role for him. The scene where he opened up about his feelings and memories was his best, very emotional. Don Cheadle was good as always.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #4310
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree.. Mark Ruffalo and 'Reign Over Me' are very underrated..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #4311
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Very good movie. It's a comedy first, drama second, and does well as such. Had me laughing at several points throughout the movie. The movie was cast very well. Jonah Hill plays a great creepy kid and John C. Reilly plays a down on his luck loser quite well. Tomei was good in her role as well. Really enjoyed the movie and I'll give it an 86/100.
IlliniFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #4312
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
When Laurie and Mike are rustling around at the end she unmasks him pretty cleanly. HE has brown hair and a flucked up eye and looks somewhat like an inbreed despite being a pretty boy as a young killa

I need to re-watch it, then.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #4313
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

twilight- eclipse.
saga is the right word for this garbage franchise, all it does is pander and provide soap opera. i will say this- it was marginally better than new moon (although new moon had a good soundtrack and eclipse doesnt + some of the direction and cinematography was sharper on new moon )but it truley speaks volumes about this instalment that its best moments are when it is parodying itself. i wont say much about the script because nothing happens but dialogue wise its several levels higher on the cringe scale than the first and again an inferiour film.
5/10

predators
totally contrived mess and borrows far to heavily from the first- they tried to capture the essence of the first and failed + tonally this is closer to avp(which i actully thought was pretty decent). that said it is fun and succeeds in being fairly thrilling, some good characters and set pieces but the dialogue is inexcusably bad and so many loose and underdeveloped ideas which really become annoying.
6.5/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #4314
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Invictus. 6/10.

i was pretty disappointed. i didn't even realize they had won the game when they did. i had a hard time following what exactly was going on during the game parts of the movie.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #4315
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a classic for a reason... Great movie, too bad James Cameron stopped doing good movies.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #4316
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAIDN

Reign Over Me 75%

good movie 3.5/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #4317
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Bout to watch "Bronson." The lead supposedly puts in a great performance, though the poster calls it a "Clockwork Orange for the 21st century." Sounds pretty ambitious.
what did you end up thinking of this lebowski (assuming you're still around)? now that you toss out the comparison, it did have a lot of 'clockwork' in it. a perfect depiction of the coherent thoughts of a lunatic. i need to rewatch it.

i remember half hoping the lead would be considered for best actor as i left, before i told my friend who gave me a 'you gotta be kidding me' look. too small time. still an extraordinarily captivating performance though.
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #4318
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

stop not posting^
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #4319
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #4320
knobs
Decent playground baller

knobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected posterknobs is a pretty well-respected poster

i've been living out of a tent and planting trees on commission in norther ontario for the last two months. needless to say the return to civilization has been a bit of a culture shock, and i'm still a little restless. i'll see if i can get back into a good ish posting groove over the next week or so. lol
knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: