Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #4351
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

4/10

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3 points for the production values and cinematography, and

1 point for the dream in the apartment with his wife. that was the most moving scene i've watched in years.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #4352
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of the best vampire movies in the last decade.

8/10
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #4353
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Batman: Under The Red Hood

What's that other company called again? The one with the Hulk and Wolverine animated movie? Marbles? Hmm, I guess it doesn't really matter because Batman: Under The Red Hood can now be added as another awesome animated film to be released by DC Comics.

I like how DC movies (animated) explore so many different scenarios from the comics. We all know about Dick Grayson (1st Robin) and Tim Drake (3rd Robin), but few know of Jason Todd (2nd Robin), and that's where this movie begins and is all about. It also features Nightwing, Black Mask, and the Joker (who is at an all-time psycho).

The Red Hood is very Deadpool-like in this movie, so that was cool. The one thing that may throw some off is the different voices for characters we're used to sounding a different way, particularly the Joker. But at the end it's all good and if you enjoyed any of DC's other animated films then definitely check this one out. I rate this movie: very good
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #4354
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk

Batman: Under The Red Hood

What's that other company called again? The one with the Hulk and Wolverine animated movie? Marbles? Hmm, I guess it doesn't really matter because Batman: Under The Red Hood can now be added as another awesome animated film to be released by DC Comics.

I like how DC movies (animated) explore so many different scenarios from the comics. We all know about Dick Grayson (1st Robin) and Tim Drake (3rd Robin), but few know of Jason Todd (2nd Robin), and that's where this movie begins and is all about. It also features Nightwing, Black Mask, and the Joker (who is at an all-time psycho).

The Red Hood is very Deadpool-like in this movie, so that was cool. The one thing that may throw some off is the different voices for characters we're used to sounding a different way, particularly the Joker. But at the end it's all good and if you enjoyed any of DC's other animated films then definitely check this one out. I rate this movie: very good

DL'd this the other day and keep forgetting to watch it. All of DC's Batman movies have been kick-ass, can't wait to see this one. DC def knows how to do animated movies.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #4355
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just watched...

Greenberg

I had never even heard of this movie until I downloaded it the other day, so I had no idea what to expect. I just sort of popped it on tonight and, I have to say... Pretty damned good film.

I'm not the biggest Ben Stiller fan, but this isn't your average Stiller film. It is about a guy entering his 40s that is having a bit of a midlife crisis. Coming out of his 30s, he isn't sure where he fits in the world and his social awkwardness doesn't help.

The film focuses on the main character trying to find himself. There are funny moments, but not laugh-out-loud funny... It was sort of in the same category as 'Sideways,' which I also really enjoyed.

I would recommend it.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 AM   #4356
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked Greenberg too and I have a hard time with Ben Stiller as an actor. I found the right amount of it relatable while still being able to laugh at them. The girl, Greta something, was terrific, one of those classic broken gender-roled parts-- uniquely lovable. Soundtrack was 5 star kick ass.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-16-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #4357
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Inception

9/10

This movie is a bit of a mindf*ck, but covers in detail one of the most interesting subjects to me. You're going to walk out of the theatre with a last impression. Would be a 10 if they slowed things down a bit, made it simpler so I could follow the plot, it can be a bit confusing.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #4358
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

The Last Airbender - 8/10

Loved the action scenes, praying for a video game of this, decent acting, but the ending kind of sucked.

I knew little to nothing about this movie outside of seeing the trailer so a) I didn't know it was a cartoon and that there would be at least 3 trillion little kids in the theater & b) that this would be a 3 or 4 part series.

I think if I had known there was going to be more than 1 going in, the ending may not have sucked as bad.

Anyways, I recommend it if you are a fan of the cartoon (I would guess it lives up to the cartoon based on the reaction of all the kids in the crowd) and enjoy fantasy action movies.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #4359
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Ghost Writer

Here's a movie for all you conspiracy theorists out there. Slow, but a pretty interesting plot. It's by Roman Polanski, so it should come as no shock that he portrays the US as the center of evil in the world. They did a great job with the soundtrack, and the movie was technically well-made on all fronts. The ending was awesome, and it made previous aspects of the movie that much clearer.

7.5/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #4360
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
The Ghost Writer

Here's a movie for all you conspiracy theorists out there. Slow, but a pretty interesting plot. It's by Roman Polanski, so it should come as no shock that he portrays the US as the center of evil in the world. They did a great job with the soundtrack, and the movie was technically well-made on all fronts. The ending was awesome, and it made previous aspects of the movie that much clearer.

7.5/10

I was waiting for this to show up on my usual sites. Just downloaded it over-night. I should watch it soon.

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #4361
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, the only reason I didn't rate it higher was because I literally(not figuratively) started falling asleep at one point. Had to snap out of it and rewind(or erm...skip back a bit).
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #4362
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Up In The Air - 5/10
Started well but turned out like a million movies you've seen before.

Daybreakers - 6/10
Liked the idea for the film but it's too short to develop. They should have made a TV show instead of a movie.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #4363
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Okay I saw this film in theaters last year and was pretty well entertained by the 3D and CGI effects but there were a few things that bugged me about it that I kind of kept to myself. The film was getting so much praise that I felt that maybe people are seeing something deeper here that I'm missing. I was thinking about it again this weekend so I decided to watch it this time without the 3D effects so I could concentrate on the narrative, character development and acting performances.

Man does this film suck. The level of suckitude so permeates all aspects of it I don't know where to start. I'll try and break it down.

Plot: Now I know that with any sci-fi fantasy film there needs to be a certain amount of suspension of disbelief but to buy all that goes on here really requires you to remove the logic center of your brain entirely. I could go on ad nauseum but I'll just give a few examples:
1. The big blue cat people have ponytails that they can plug into things to talk to the dead, talk to trees and plants, talk to God, have sex and convince dragons to give them a ride. Really???
2. Jake goes from a bumbling idiot to the greatest warrior the Na'vi have ever seen in a matter of weeks. Really???
3. The mechanical body armor that the badass marine wears has a front made out of glass that can be pierced with an arrow. Really??

Character development: There wasn't any. Jake's backstory takes up the first 20 min. of the film only to be completely disgarded. Every character is a cliche.

Script/dialogue: The planet is called Pandora and the evil humans are mining "unobtainium". Nuff said.

Acting performances: Bland and cliched.

Overall 3/10 with the 3 points solely for visual effects.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #4364
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Inception - 10/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #4365
AxionJaxion
Semper Primus

AxionJaxion has an OK reputation so far

Avatar: A trite story rife with platitudes. The incandescent special effects carried the film. I wouldn't watch it again unless forced.

5/10 (due to marvelous special effects; the sequels will be disasters)

American Gangster: Based upon a true story, so it's graded differently. Denzel was sensational, as always. The decision to implement a soul/70s soundtrack in lieu of Jay-Z was a superb one. The veracity of the movie was solid. Given that storyline, I can't imagine it being much better.

7/10

Collateral: Very solid 3/4s of a movie. Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise are in prime form. The storyline is a tad predictable, but it's solid nonetheless. The ending leaves a lot to be desired.

6/10
AxionJaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: