Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #4426
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Seriously, watch a movie like Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and rationalize the same score for a movie like The Blind Side.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #4427
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Blind Side definitely deserves to be a 1/10. It tried to be a serious drama and even tricked critics and was nominated for several major film awards while being a giant steaming piece of shit. This will haunt the halls of filmdom long after this thread and It's participants die.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #4428
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So...because it received accolades negatively impacts it's rating? Not exactly judging a film free of external influence.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:21 AM   #4429
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
So...because it received accolades negatively impacts it's rating? Not exactly judging a film free of external influence.

Not what I said at all. It was clearly a serious drama made with the intention of being nominated for awards, yet it was abhorrent. These kinds of films are obviously on a higher plane than every other [they should be], and should be judged way more harshly than a 'Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus' kind of film for many reasons which I think you already know and I don't care to explain.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #4430
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Not what I said at all. It was clearly a serious drama made with the intention of being nominated for awards, yet it was abhorrent. These kinds of films are obviously on a higher plane than every other [they should be], and should be judged way more harshly than a 'Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus' kind of film for many reasons which I think you already know and I don't care to explain.

You are still judging it based on external factors. You said as much; "The intention of being nominated for awards", i.e. external factors have influenced your opinion. It was critically-lauded, and you're dropping it down a few points because you disagree.

Like I said, I try to be as objective as possible.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #4431
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
the Blind Side definitely deserves to be a 1/10. It tried to be a serious drama and even tricked critics and was nominated for several major film awards while being a giant steaming piece of shit. This will haunt the halls of filmdom long after this thread and It's participants die.
Totally agree, it was a total letdown in my opinion. I don't know why, but the way they portrayed Michael Oher's story just leaves me frustrated..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #4432
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

Salt 8.5/10
Date Night 7/10
Iron Man 2 8/10
The A Team 8.5/10
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #4433
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Obviously I am in the minority here, judging individual works free of external influence in an objective manner. I will just concede. You are all right. The Blind Side is one of the worst movies of all-time. Just as bad as Transmorphers.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #4434
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
Salt 8.5/10
Date Night 7/10
Iron Man 2 8/10
The A Team 8.5/10
My offer still stands for your user name.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #4435
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
My offer still stands for your user name.
You have an offer for me?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #4436
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool
You have an offer for me?
Ill trade you the two accounts of DEADPOOLZOMBIE and BoogieWoogieMan, Plus 10 dollars via Paypal.. in exchange for your 'Deadpool' account.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #4437
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Ill trade you the two accounts of DEADPOOLZOMBIE and BoogieWoogieMan, Plus 10 dollars via Paypal.. in exchange for your 'Deadpool' account.

You get rid of me and I'll be lost forever and so will a little bit of yourself, don't do it Zen! Don't you freakin do it!
BoogieWoogieMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #4438
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Sounds like one of those "no or no" deals.

I'll tell you what, you can make a DeadpoolJR account and i'll take the 10 dollars.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #4439
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched Wall Street for the second time and it made a much bigger impression on me than the first time. The first time I watched it was in high school in a business class but this time I had it up on the big screen with surround sound. Gordon Gekko is a ****ing great character.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #4440
ivogetghost

One Night in Paris 10/10

Jenna Jameson was sexaayyy
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: