Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #4441
PistolPete
The Pistol

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
What should I put first in my Netflix Queue:

Un Prophete
Donnie Brasco
Annie Hall
Contempt
Dog Day Afternoon

Donnie Brasco
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #4442
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I was a guard. And yes, my safety was often threatened as you might imagine would be the case in a facility for Taliban/al-Qaeda/various other militant types.

Guantanamo Bay, eh? Or would you have to kill me if you told me?
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #4443
vinsane01
National High School Star

Abandoned

3.5/10

The last movie made by brittany movie. It's sad she had to go out like this. It would have been a great exit if her movie pulled off a heath ledger's batman. She looked bad in this movie. No, not the acting (acting was fine) but her physical appearance. Very visible eye-bags, awfully large lips (much larger than angelina jolie) and she had a make-up on which resembles a hooker who got beat-up by a customer. Actually she kind of looks sick and emaciated here.

This movie was mediocre midway through until the twist was revealed then it just went downhill and got itself stuck into quicksand. The bad casting and acting didnt really help the improbably, silly plot. It wasnt much of a thriller. I dont recommend watching this movie.

Last edited by vinsane01 : 09-05-2010 at 01:49 AM.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #4444
vapid
Paranoid Android

God damn was this good. Wong kar wai never disappoints and in my opinion is the best active director in the world. Like his other films, Fallen Angels is a very sexy and stylistic movie. It's not as polished in terms of cinematography as his later films but I felt a more youthful exuberance with Fallen Angels, maybe because Kaneshiro's story provides some much-needed humor and optimistic romanticism into the story. I remember Boozehound asking who I'd go gay for, I should've said Kaneshiro. I bet he could get any woman (or man if he swung that way) he wanted. Michelle reis was also pretty ****ing sexy in this movie too, I hadn't heard of her before this film.

10/10
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 AM   #4445
oneeyeddeacon
Not airballing my layups anymore

Akira

I'm not really an anime fan, but this movie deserves all the praise it gets. The over-the-top action scenes were a bit much for me, but hey, it's an animated sci-fi movie, so what can you expect? Highly recommended.

9/10

Shogun's Sadism

Very bizarre little torture flick. The plot consists of 2 short stories; the first one is a classic tale of the triumph of evil over good, and the second one is a fable about how crime doesn't pay if you're poor. In other words, there isn't much of a plot. The gore scenes were relatively well done, and the score is pretty awesome as well. Overall, it is one of the better torture flicks I've seen.

6.5/10
oneeyeddeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #4446
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeddeacon

Shogun's Sadism

Very bizarre little torture flick. The plot consists of 2 short stories; the first one is a classic tale of the triumph of evil over good, and the second one is a fable about how crime doesn't pay if you're poor. In other words, there isn't much of a plot. The gore scenes were relatively well done, and the score is pretty awesome as well. Overall, it is one of the better torture flicks I've seen.

6.5/10

dude, you are into your torture flicks arent you? ah well better you watch these then michael bay movies anyway...
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #4447
oneeyeddeacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
dude, you are into your torture flicks arent you? ah well better you watch these then michael bay movies anyway...

Eh, I'm just going down this movie list: http://www.runningwithscissors.com/t...violent-movies

I've seen 2-8, August Underground and August Underground's Pennance, The Untold Story, and Schindler's List.

Overall though, I don't think they're really my thing (aside from The Untold Story, which is an absolutely AWESOME movie), so I'll probably just finish off the top 10, possibly watch Irreversible and Audition, and then stick with normal movies from then on.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #4448
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

have you watched 1 and 2 yet? ive heard mordem is the most demented thing ever, cant imagine no.1 can be worse than that but...
Old 09-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #4449
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

already gave a short review in the thread i made on it- beautiful film-
9.5/10

valhalla rising
Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #4450
oneeyeddeacon

Yeah Mordum was really nasty, although it didn't affect me nearly as much as Cannibal Holocaust (probably because I saw Cannibal Holocaust when I was 16). I posted a mini-review earlier. I think I gave it a 2/10. I'm going to get Philosophy of a Knife from my friend, but it's 4 hours long which is probably why it's number 1.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #4451
BRabbiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

Trailer

7.3/10

looks good. damn
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #4452
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Arrow Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I hadn't seen a feature film in IMAX yet, several nature films and showcase stuff but not a full feature. Figured it was time to dip back in to Pandora. Popped some pineapple marijuana candy and tuned in. Really is a pretty special experience in 3D, the story is well worn and cliche, yeah yeah, the dialogue is out of an 80's movie at times, yeah yeah, but that is a cool looking movie. I'm completely on board the 3D bandwagon, I hope the technology continues to improve and more films really go for it with the 3D like Avatar did. Good fun when it's that emersive. Take me away Calgon, all up out this motherf*cker.

my girlfriend is working on this movie "LOL" (a Mylie Cyruss joint ) with Demi Moore and we got to talking about her. She (girlfriend) is younger than I am by 6 years (rock the cradle motherf*ckaaas) so I am occasionally rattled by her missing out on movies/music/whatever that was standard for kids my age. We were still pretty glazed from the pot candy and I convinced her that St Elmo's Fire was worth watching and if nothing else, one of the most comically stereotypical 80's movies of the... 80's. It's been a long time since I've seen St. Elmo's Fire and I was shocked at how bad it is. I laughed almost every time Emilio Estevez was on the screen, the character is a f*cking psychopath and it's billed as romatic/sweet/vunerable, the acting is priceless. The soundtrack is soul shattering. Movie makes Breakfast Club look like Casablanca. There is something about Ally Sheedy though.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #4453
vapid
Paranoid Android

Pretty good, but as the new york times review mentioned some of it was edited quite disjointedly creating a number of scenes that didn't flow well together. I was a little dissapointed by the lack of craftiness on the part of Mesrine but holy shit does he have balls of adamantium.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #4454
BRabbiT

3.5/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #4455
Patrick Chewing
King of the 5 Boroughs

6/10

Another case of the trailer and commercials hyping this movie up to more than what it really was. Some critics said this was Clooney's best role...i disagree. I thought he was grand in Michael Clayton. This movie dragged on and on and really didn't pick up until the last 20 minutes or so. There's a lot of Clooney staring into space which is typical in his movies (Clayton). So much time is wasted just watching him wake up and start thinking and staring around the room and thinking some more. Very, very, boring movie.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: