Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #4486
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Angel Heart is a classic noir piece. Mickey Rourke at his finest and Deniro delivers as a very devilish Louis Cifer. Lisa Bonet also is nude in this which alone is worth a watch as far as I'm concerned. Movies like this just aren't made anymore and when they try it fails.

Nice. Seen any good docs lately?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:16 AM   #4487
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $
 
ShannonElements's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portugal, South America
Posts: 15,299
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I'm fairly certain I didn't recommend The Blind Side to you...
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #4488
Rizko
EroticVanilla
 
Rizko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,576
Thumbs up Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Movie watchers of ISH give me 5-10 movies that are worthy of adding to my collection. I'm not really picky, but I've never personally been fond of horror movies.

My Collection so far (not in any particular order):

Adventureland
Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Big Lebowski
Young Frankenstein
zombieland
A Bronx Tale
Blow
Up
Wall-E
Brooklyns Finest
Dog Day Afternoon
Falling Down
Heat
Four Brothers
French Connection
Mean Streets
Miller’s Crossing
Shawshank Redemption
The Score
The Sting
Usual Suspects
Godfather 1+2
Once Upon a Time in America
Once Upon a Time in the West
Carlito's Way
Casino
Donnie Brasco
Goodfellas
The Boondocks Saints
Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind
The Deer Hunter
Fight Club
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Memento
Taxi Driver
2001: A Space Odyssey
White Men Can't Jump
Raging Bull
inglorious bastards
Platoon
District 9
A Bridge over the River Kwai
The Dollars Trilogy
Almost Famous
No Country for Old Men
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #4489
vinsane01
National High School Star
 
vinsane01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: me live out here
Posts: 2,152
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Inception 7/10

It has an interesting plot. But i guess i found the 1/3 of the movie boring. Half way through the movie, 2 people in front of and 2 people beside me were sleeping at the back one was snoring so hard the any one can hear it in a 10 meter radius of a loud cinema. I even found myself moving around every 10 seconds so i wouldnt fall asleep.

I thought the movie succeeded in what it wanted to do. If it was made by some mediocre director this movie would've been a disaster. But you got to give credit where credit is due. I would've rated it higher if they told us the story of the origin of the device they were using to interconnect the subconscious of each other while sleeping. Overall it was a good movie, some may call it spectacular but its not for everyones liking.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 AM   #4490
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I'm fairly certain I didn't recommend The Blind Side to you...
Just f#cking with you, man.

(1/10)
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 AM   #4491
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
Movie watchers of ISH give me 5-10 movies that are worthy of adding to my collection. I'm not really picky, but I've never personally been fond of horror movies.

My Collection so far (not in any particular order):

Adventureland
Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Big Lebowski
Young Frankenstein
zombieland
A Bronx Tale
Blow
Up
Wall-E
Brooklyns Finest
Dog Day Afternoon
Falling Down
Heat
Four Brothers
French Connection
Mean Streets
Miller’s Crossing
Shawshank Redemption
The Score
The Sting
Usual Suspects
Godfather 1+2
Once Upon a Time in America
Once Upon a Time in the West
Carlito's Way
Casino
Donnie Brasco
Goodfellas
The Boondocks Saints
Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind
The Deer Hunter
Fight Club
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Memento
Taxi Driver
2001: A Space Odyssey
White Men Can't Jump
Raging Bull
inglorious bastards
Platoon
District 9
A Bridge over the River Kwai
The Dollars Trilogy
Almost Famous
No Country for Old Men

Your collection -- while perfectly acceptable -- is lacking in several Coen Bros. masterpieces.

Raising Arizona
Fargo
Barton Fink
A Serious Man
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Big Lebowski

I also don't see There Will Be Blood, there, which is a must-have for any collection. Another PTA must-have is Boogie Nights, of course. I'm assuming you've at least seen it.


Recent films I would recommend:

Perfume
Un Prophete
Der Untergang (Downfall)
Sin Nombre

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 07-28-2010 at 03:44 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #4492
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Your collection -- while perfectly acceptable -- is lacking in several Coen Bros. masterpieces.

Raising Arizona
Fargo
Barton Fink
A Serious Man
O' Brother Where Art Thou
Big Lebowski

I also don't see There Will Be Blood, there, which is a must-have for any collection.


Recent films I would recommend:

Perfume
Il Prophete
Der Untergang (Downfall)
Sin Nombre

Please save your cash and time and dont watch A Serious Man...it is seriously boring
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:45 AM   #4493
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Please save your cash and time and dont watch A Serious Man...it is seriously boring
I quite enjoyed it. But, to each his own.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:47 AM   #4494
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,766
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I quite enjoyed it. But, to each his own.

I guess, it has put me to sleep on 3 different occasions. But, I really don't like the Coen Brothers' Movies. The only one I really enjoyed was The Big Lebowsky.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:47 AM   #4495
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,656
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I quite enjoyed it. But, to each his own.
I didn't like it either. It has its moments but I didn't get it.
Too many jew references maybe?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #4496
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,700
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsane01
Inception 7/10

It has an interesting plot. But i guess i found the 1/3 of the movie boring. Half way through the movie, 2 people in front of and 2 people beside me were sleeping at the back one was snoring so hard the any one can hear it in a 10 meter radius of a loud cinema. I even found myself moving around every 10 seconds so i wouldnt fall asleep.

I thought the movie succeeded in what it wanted to do. If it was made by some mediocre director this movie would've been a disaster. But you got to give credit where credit is due. I would've rated it higher if they told us the story of the origin of the device they were using to interconnect the subconscious of each other while sleeping. Overall it was a good movie, some may call it spectacular but its not for everyones liking.

They must have seen Levitt in the trailer and thought they were going to a G.I Joe sequel or something.

That's people these days.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 AM   #4497
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

EV,
Also, you are missing several Kubrick classics...

The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut


Yep... I said 'Eyes Wide Shut.' It seems like the trendy thing to do is to trash that movie, for some reason. Maybe it is because Cruise's legacy has been so tarnished and the whole movie is based around his RL marriage, which obviously fell apart.

But, I watched it for the first time in years recently and it re-affirmed my original conclusion... Excellent film. Lots of very interesting, very deep themes going on, the cinematography is absolutely top-notch, the acting is great, and the tension builds quite nicely throughout.

I have no problem putting it next to some of Kubrick's other certifiable classics.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #4498
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,013
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I didn't like it either. It has its moments but I didn't get it.
Too many jew references maybe?
I'm not Jewish, so I don't think that understanding the ins-and-outs of Judiasm is a prerequisite to liking A Serious Man. I think it just takes some patience and a real love for the kind of subtle humor that the Coen's bring to the table.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #4499
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,656
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm not Jewish, so I don't think that understand the ins-and-outs of Judiasm is a prerequisite to liking A Serious Man. I think it just takes some patience and a real love for the kind of subtle humor that the Coen's bring to the table.
IMO some jokes look like easier to get if you know the jewish culture.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 AM   #4500
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,692
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Eyes Wide Shut is very underrated..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy