Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #4516
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
5 should be passing IMO
He's basically doing it like America grading system in school. 70%+ is passing and anything below is considered a failure.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:16 AM   #4517
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
yes...??? why? 7 is passing to me...below 7 is a failure.
alright.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #4518
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
He's basically doing it like America grading system in school. 70%+ is passing and anything below is considered a failure.
yup
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 AM   #4519
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
Didn't know about that.
Interesting
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #4520
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yall havent noticed in all my reviews they're all out of 10s?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 AM   #4521
bluechox
Banned

bluechox has an OK reputation so far

death at a funeral 6/10 dragged on a lot with short silly comedic scenes
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:22 AM   #4522
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
yall havent noticed in all my reviews they're all out of 10s?

Well, I think the way most people do it is a 10 being one of the absolute greatest movies ever put to film, an absolute masterpiece, while a 1 is one of the absolute biggest stinkers, with pretty much nothing worthwhile to offer, with a 5.5ish or so being right in the middle, therefore "average." To me a 7 is still a good movie. Hell I gave somewhat of a recommendation to a movie I gave a 6 to recently(Exam).

But it's not like there are any rules or anything, that's just how most of the rest of us do it.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #4523
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

redblackattack i also concur with you on eyes wide shut- very under appreciated, as are perfume and the village. i think with those two especially its a lack of realism that makes alot of people just not consider them in the same way they might pure dramas(which is completely stupid). both those films were beautifully shot, creative, original, ambitious and had excellent scores- you achieve those things alone and you have greatness no matter what else is lacking.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #4524
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

LOL @ you guys putting this much methodology into a rating system/structure.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 AM   #4525
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation

6/10

I don't know what made me pick this movie up, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. The basic gist of the story is two eight year old kids, one the son of a Nazi officer, the other a Jew in a concentration camp, become friends after a series of conversations that occurred at the camp wall. The German boy sneaks into the camp for a stupid and naive reason and it, rather expectantly, ends unhappily.

The movie is not particularly great in any area. It has no historical validity since Nazis did not waste resources on those who worked inefficiently(namely eight year olds) and the movie treated German citizens as if they were completely naive of what was happening in death camps. As a result, the story is very unbelievable and sort of plods until the ending. However, despite these faults, the movie retains its power due to the sheer horror of the Holocaust. The ending, as the German boy's father desperately searches for his son in the camp, is very tense and has a sickening effect on the viewer.

Overall, it's not Schindler's List, but it does adequately portray the unspeakable acts of cruelty that occurred during the Holocaust.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:40 AM   #4526
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Blind Side.. I give it a 9.5/10. I just love the movie, wont mind watching it again.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:43 AM   #4527
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation

3/10

The story was terrible, the acting mundane, and the swordfighting, boring, but it was fun. Just a trashy movie, that you can enjoy (assuming you didn't spend more than $1 to watch it).
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:05 AM   #4528
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm guessing you're talking about The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Ryan? The image isn't showing up for me. Anyway, you might want to edit your review, as it contains a spoiler.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #4529
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

Batman Under the Red Hood 8/10
Nightmare on Elm Street 7.5/10
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #4530
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
The Blind Side.. I give it a 9.5/10. I just love the movie, wont mind watching it again.
same
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: