Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #4531
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

0/10 (being generous)

Possibly the worst film I have ever seen.

It was the biggest steaming pile of shit I have ever seen. I don't even want to talk/think about it anymore, it's that bad.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #4532
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Mary and Max

10/10

i suggest everyone watch this movie.

Last edited by leopoldstotch : 07-31-2010 at 06:47 PM.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #4533
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ed Wood

Really good dark comedy. I feel like some of it may have flown over my head though, as I'm really not a cult-fan of Ed Wood the director nor am I a fan of those cheesy old-school monster movies. Still this was really well-made with excellent acting on the part of Depp and Landau. It's apparent it was a labor of love for Burton, and is probably the most unique(in regards to his entire catalog) film I've seen from him. The movie was even inspiring, in a weird sort of off-kilter kind of way.

7.7/10

Last edited by ShannonElements : 07-31-2010 at 08:52 PM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #4534
Basketman
High School JV MVP

Basketman has decent reputationBasketman has decent reputation

Jackie needs to ditch these family movies and go back to making action movies. It's what he does best. This movie gets a B-.
Basketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #4535
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
The Blind Side.. I give it a 9.5/10. I just love the movie, wont mind watching it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
same

omg
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #4536
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cemetery Junction

Fairly by-the-numbers British Dramedy. Now, I don't mean to knock it, other than to say it's a bit predictable, because it is, but it still has a lot to offer. There are some good laughs to be had, it is at times poignant, and it has a really good soundtrack. The characters have a fair amount of depth, and the storytelling is often quite subtle, which I give it points for.

7.3/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #4537
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #4538
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT

4/5
huh, rented it last night, but didnt watch it yet. Not really my style, but the redbox was pretty limited.

as for me.....

Not a movie, but I am watching the 2nd season of dexter (finally, after watching the first one ~when it came out). I had forgotten how much I like the show. Love the hot and vicious trollop hes ****ing in this one and his personality development in season 2. really, one of my favorite shows of the last decade. 8.5/10
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #4539
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
huh, rented it last night, but didnt watch it yet. Not really my style, but the redbox was pretty limited.

as for me.....

Not a movie, but I am watching the 2nd season of dexter (finally, after watching the first one ~when it came out). I had forgotten how much I like the show. Love the hot and vicious trollop hes ****ing in this one and his personality development in season 2. really, one of my favorite shows of the last decade. 8.5/10

I love Dexter too. And I loved season two. Season three was not good as far as I was concerned. Jimmy Smits was awfull. But this past season with Lithgowe was a real bounceback, and I just saw a preview for season five, which looks like it may be it, and I'm already pumped about it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #4540
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DL'd a great copy of Toy Story 3 so I just decided to watch the first 2 again. Not much of an animated film guy but what the heck.

Toy Story - 9/10
This brought back loads of memories and is just a fun movie overall. Loved it just like when I was 5.

Toy Story 2 - 8/10
My favorite part was the two Buzzs' and I remembered that most about this film. Great sequel.

Toy Story 3 - 8.5/10
I wasn't expecting it to be this good but damn even at this age I can enjoy this. Very well scripted and loved the ending.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #4541
bluechox
Banned

bluechox has an OK reputation so far

i give it a 6/10..wasnt all that good, got boring at some parts
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #4542
Basketman
High School JV MVP

Basketman has decent reputationBasketman has decent reputation

Mystic River --> B+

The movie isn't bad, not bad at all. But when compared to some of the other thriller films (Zodiac, Silence Of The Lambs) that I've watched it seems to fall short. The ending seems lacking. But overall it is definitely worth a watch.
Basketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #4543
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketman

Mystic River --> B+

good movie, decent book. Dennis Lehane is a talented writer
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #4544
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clash of the Titans (2010) - B; 8/10

I liked it more than the original. The action was much better and I liked the scenes with the Gods. Ralph Fiennes did a great job as Hades.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #4545
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Cop Out - Funny little movie. I enjoyed it. I like seeing Bruce Willis in these kind of movies because I think hes funny as hell in them. Its just his look, voice and attitude is the complete opposite of what you usually find in the comedy, but thats what makes it kinda funny. Tracey Morgan was Tracey Morgan. Sometimes hes funny as hell, sometimes hes the most annoying little prick on the planet. Overall though, funny little movie. Story was deeper than I expected too. And a hot mexican chick never hurt anybody. 7.7/10.

The Losers - Really liked this one. Main reason was because the casting was perfect. What a great group of guys, (and one hot girl) to do this movie great. Story was ok, did what it had to do. Couple of great twists, especially the second one. That Zoe chick that was in Star Wars was ****ing smoking hot as always. The Human Torch was funny, that Justin Long dude was cool, even with that accent. Supernatural dad was my favorite, because I loved that show Supernatural. Everyone was great. The villian was really funny too. A lot of sarcasim. Overall, very cool movie. Left it wide open for a sequel too, which will probably happen. 8.1/10.

PS: The ending of Losers was funny too when the Human Torch was at his niece's soccer game, and he was complaining about the officiating. He then ran on the field and had a fight with the referee and then yelled, "This is worse than the NBA!"

Haha, damn, we are like the joke of sports.

Oh yeah, and I totally gotta see Mystic River. My brother recently rented and watched that and he said it was amazing. Hes a big Sean Penn fan. Gotta check that out.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: