Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #4546
bluechox
Banned

bluechox has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

saw this again today, i touhhgt it was still good after a 5 year break from it

7/10 , has ok-good action
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #4547
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

The Usual Suspects

I just watched it for the first time. Really great movie. Too bad that I knew how it's gonna end from about half of the movie. It was all because of freaking Scary Movie, I knew they parodied this movie and realized that Doofy in SM is like Verbal from TUS...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #4548
rivers to gates
Banned

rivers to gates posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryrivers to gates posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW

Cop Out - Funny little movie. I enjoyed it. I like seeing Bruce Willis in these kind of movies because I think hes funny as hell in them. Its just his look, voice and attitude is the complete opposite of what you usually find in the comedy, but thats what makes it kinda funny. Tracey Morgan was Tracey Morgan. Sometimes hes funny as hell, sometimes hes the most annoying little prick on the planet. Overall though, funny little movie. Story was deeper than I expected too. And a hot mexican chick never hurt anybody. 7.7/10.

The Losers - Really liked this one. Main reason was because the casting was perfect. What a great group of guys, (and one hot girl) to do this movie great. Story was ok, did what it had to do. Couple of great twists, especially the second one. That Zoe chick that was in Star Wars was ****ing smoking hot as always. The Human Torch was funny, that Justin Long dude was cool, even with that accent. Supernatural dad was my favorite, because I loved that show Supernatural. Everyone was great. The villian was really funny too. A lot of sarcasim. Overall, very cool movie. Left it wide open for a sequel too, which will probably happen. 8.1/10.

PS: The ending of Losers was funny too when the Human Torch was at his niece's soccer game, and he was complaining about the officiating. He then ran on the field and had a fight with the referee and then yelled, "This is worse than the NBA!"

Haha, damn, we are like the joke of sports.

Oh yeah, and I totally gotta see Mystic River. My brother recently rented and watched that and he said it was amazing. Hes a big Sean Penn fan. Gotta check that out.

When Saldana is not completely fixed up Hollywood style she looks homely and too scrawny. I have no idea why she is in a lot of big flicks now since she can't act either.

She looks sick and unhealthy. Her husband looks like a dork also.

Last edited by rivers to gates : 08-02-2010 at 11:19 PM.
rivers to gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #4549
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"Red River."

Two hours of deep, well-thought out filmmaking ruined by two minutes of ending. Thanks to it succumbing to a predictable Hollywood cheese climax, it can't get above 80% from me.

Great film though, minus that last couple minutes.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #4550
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
The Usual Suspects

I just watched it for the first time. Really great movie. Too bad that I knew how it's gonna end from about half of the movie. It was all because of freaking Scary Movie, I knew they parodied this movie and realized that Doofy in SM is like Verbal from TUS...

Wow you are late.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #4551
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Soul Plane

Granted, the acting is terrible, terrible plot, overall an incredibly stupid movie.
However, it IS a comedy and is absolutely HILARIOUS.

9/10

Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #4552
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

Watched Losers, I'd give it 6/10 and I'm being generous here. Decent action flick, I didn't really like the villain (Max, I think was his name) for some odd reason. Didn't really strike the fear in me at all, and it was pretty predictable flick. This movie will go into obscurity, no one will really remember it ten months from now. I don't really remember it much at all and I just watched it like six days ago. It's kind of unrealistic, the action sequences that is. The main guy in the group seemed to me so out of place, not for a second did I think of him as the leader of the group. Yet somehow he overcame every obstacle, he didn't seem to have that edge on anyone in the movie.

I don't know, I have high standards for movies; the music in this movie was so out of place, it totally ruined the mood while I was watching it.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #4553
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Born on the Fourth of July

Solid, under-the-radar war movie. Cruise was excellent, and his character pretty much runs the gamut of emotion in regards to war. He starts off a staunch patriot, but that's just where his journey begins.

You see a lot more of a realistic depiction of what troops actually go through, especially so if their service causes them to be physically inhibited for the rest of their lives. You also see the effects on their families, and all the people who simply cannot relate them. And of course, the life-changing political aspect.

Recommended. 7.5/10

Last edited by ShannonElements : 08-04-2010 at 02:52 AM.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #4554
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Wow you are late.

Pretty much...
And I didn't watch many other great movies. I know a few that I will certainly watch. Any recommendations?
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #4555
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

The Station Agent, there isn't much of a plot in this film but it still was able to capture my interest. A very visually pleasing piece of cinema with very clever dialogues. The acting was superb all three of the main actors brought sincerity to the screen that uplifts your spirit. It's basically about one man's struggles to find peace of mind and solitude; instead he finds an abandoned train station and delightful characters who he can't avoid. All three character portray their roles to near perfection.

Bottom line, this is an idealistic story about the impact that friendship can have on a person, how everyone needs a voice in their life and helps you distinguish true companionship.

It's the type of movie that might change your perspective on people and their actions.

I'd highly recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.
85/100 is what I'd give this movie...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #4556
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Doubt Great acting but a dry movie nonetheless. 6.7/10

7 Pounds Second time watching it. The movie is one of those head-scratchers where everything makes sense near the end. The director made the beginning of the movie a bit too ambiguous. I enjoyed the acting and the plot. The climax of the movie was awe-inspiring. 8.1/10

Up I'm not exactly sure what audience the movie is targeting. Though it's purported to be a kid's story, the movie is actually somewhat depressing. I lost interest in the middle and didn't devote my entire attention from that point onward. 6/10

Shutter Island I did not particularly like Leo's accent or the film noir movie elements, but the acting, plot and especially the twist were sensational. 9.2/10

Surrogates Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't feeling the storyline, acting or animations. I turned the channel about a quarter of the way into it. X/10

Adventureland Average.Didn't expect Ryan Reynolds. The movie is really nothing special. Kristin Stewart is eye candy---as well as another girl in the movie---but in the scene where she enters the pool, her ears grow disproportionate to the rest of her body. 6.5/10

Transformers 2 Much the same as the first movie. The special effects and sex appeal are the only reasons to see the movie. 7/10

Where The Wild Things Are The movie had a lot of eccentricities. It was much more melancholy than I expected. As for the plot, I don't quite understand where the director was going with it. I didn't see the kid learn a single lesson or change in any substantial way while on his adventure. 7.2/10

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 08-04-2010 at 04:22 AM.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #4557
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man i feel like i've seen some extra shitty movies lately

One of the most boring rock biopic films I've ever seen. I was really disappointed because I like Kristen Stewart and generally enjoy this sort of movie (La Bamba, Great Balls of Fire, The Doors, Buddy Holly Story, Walk The Line, etc) but it did not deliver. Nothing really redeeming about the film, dull and cliche, I would have rather read the wiki page and listened to their music for 90 minutes.

man, another stinker. I am so glad I didn't pay to see this in the theater. I really like Jeffrey Dean Morgan in Watchmen and thought it looked like a cool comic book action movie. There was nothing really comic booky about it to me, it was a generic action movie with corny (not in the funny way) dialogue and a well-worn plot. Here, watch the "journey" part and be done with it, you've seen everything else before.

watched the most recent Star Trek again last week, it's terrific. Good popcorn fun, everything you could ask from a summer movie. If you haven't seen it make sure you check it out.

I always get bothered in movies like "What About Bob" and "Meet the Parents" where the protagonist is victim to an unending set of annoying circumstances, it's not funny to me. There was too much of that in this movie but it turned out to be pretty funny and sweet as a whole. Not a ton of laughs but a pretty well put together comedy. I can't stand going to comedies in crowded theaters because the crowd reaction totally takes me out of it. Hearing people over laugh at the same joke you know they saw 20 times in the preview just drives me crazy.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #4558
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

American Gangster: 7/10

When I first saw this movie I loved it. I saw it for the second time yesterday after not seeing it for years, and I still really like it. But less so this second time around. There's a lot going on in this movie. But It's biggest strength is the acting. Check out this shit:

Denzel Washington
Russell Crowe
Rudy Dee
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Cuba Gooding Jr.
Josh Brolin

I mean that's a lot of acting clout right there. You have a combined 5 Oscars and 4 Globes along with one Emmy, and Ejiofor is an English actor whose filmography in major US films is limited but he is widely regarded as a terrific actor. It's just crazy the all star cast this film has and that helps carry this movie.

It's long and can drag, but for the most part I'd say that it's entertaining throughout. Denzel's version of Frank is interesting, and he proves once again that he is a master at playing someone you really don't want to phuck with. Crowe is good, and pulls off the morally confused New York cop from that era well.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #4559
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Doubt Great acting but a dry movie nonetheless. 6.7/10

7 Pounds Second time watching it. The movie is one of those head-scratchers where everything makes sense near the end. The director made the beginning of the movie a bit too ambiguous. I enjoyed the acting and the plot. The climax of the movie was awe-inspiring. 8.1/10

Up I'm not exactly sure what audience the movie is targeting. Though it's purported to be a kid's story, the movie is actually somewhat depressing. I lost interest in the middle and didn't devote my entire attention from that point onward. 6/10

Shutter Island I did not particularly like Leo's accent or the film noir movie elements, but the acting, plot and especially the twist were sensational. 9.2/10

Surrogates Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't feeling the storyline, acting or animations. I turned the channel about a quarter of the way into it. X/10

Adventureland Average.Didn't expect Ryan Reynolds. The movie is really nothing special. Kristin Stewart is eye candy---as well as another girl in the movie---but in the scene where she enters the pool, her ears grow disproportionate to the rest of her body. 6.5/10

Transformers 2 Much the same as the first movie. The special effects and sex appeal are the only reasons to see the movie. 7/10

Where The Wild Things Are The movie had a lot of eccentricities. It was much more melancholy than I expected. As for the plot, I don't quite understand where the director was going with it. I didn't see the kid learn a single lesson or change in any substantial way while on his adventure. 7.2/10

Shutter Island had sensational twists? Come on man, it was an overlong, nauseating thriller lacking palpable suspense and clever twists. Sure the film had its expected production value (considering who the director was) and good acting; but it lacked the big picture. What Scorsese tried to direct lacked significant substance. You can craft a beautiful car for an Indy 500; but if you place the wrong engine in it, you simply won't win the race. That's how I felt about this movie.

Bottom line, despite the film providing us with lurid imagery and high-intensity stimuli; the movie is simply inert. Ultimately this movie is an infuriating trick that makes its most provocative ideas disappear.

I don't consider Vanilla Sky to be a great movie, but this one was even worse.

Last edited by crosso√er : 08-04-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #4560
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

I always get bothered in movies like "What About Bob" and "Meet the Parents" where the protagonist is victim to an unending set of annoying circumstances, it's not funny to me. There was too much of that in this movie but it turned out to be pretty funny and sweet as a whole. Not a ton of laughs but a pretty well put together comedy. I can't stand going to comedies in crowded theaters because the crowd reaction totally takes me out of it. Hearing people over laugh at the same joke you know they saw 20 times in the preview just drives me crazy.

i kinda feel the same way about dinner for schmucks. i thought it was a really good, fun film, but i don't really like when a bunch of horrible things happen to the protagonist. at first it's like "damn, that sucks" but eventually it gets to the point where it's just depressing and kind of ****ed up. it just annoys me and it's not that enjoyable. it was a good film overall though, steve carell and paul rudd are two of my favorite actors.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: