Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #4681
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

inception-
ok it was well made but then ofcourse. but wtf are people yapping about when they try and claim this is some ultra thoughtful mind bending original concept film? it isnt at all, its a completely straight forward simple narrative and it poses no questions whatsoever, it doesnt leave you with anything to think about as it answers every possible question clearly, no ambiguity, nothing thought provoking whatsoever and this is what i feared it might be. its a very well made big studio blockbuster with a decent layered story and to be quite honest im disappointed in nolan as this was billed as the film he was gonna get reign from the studio in exchange for doing the 3rd batman film. personally i always felt that for that budget 150 mill+ you can never ever produce a high level film of intelligence that actually takes risks and inception doesnt take risks. story wise you do need to pay attention but all this fuss about this incredibly original thought provoking film is just air, it lacks emotional depth.
8.5/10

toy story 3-
no review necessary, its pixar, its perfect, its the best film so far this year, what else is new?
10/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #4682
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Have no idea what this movie was about. Very confusing story and dialogue, but I still liked Ledger's last performance on the screen.

3/10
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #4683
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Funny, "pretentious" was the first word that immediately popped into my mind upon viewing TDK.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #4684
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I couldn't get through that Parnassus BS. Boring.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #4685
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was good, you just have to give it time to get rolling. They handled Ledger's unfinished scenes, really, really well.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #4686
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What Happens In Vegas - 6.5

Spaceballs - 6
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #4687
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Spaceballs - 6

i remember seeing this as a kid at a drive-in double feature along w/ Masters of the Universe. Spaceballs deserves at least a 7.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #4688
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
inception-
ok it was well made but then ofcourse. but wtf are people yapping about when they try and claim this is some ultra thoughtful mind bending original concept film? it isnt at all, its a completely straight forward simple narrative and it poses no questions whatsoever, it doesnt leave you with anything to think about as it answers every possible question clearly, no ambiguity, nothing thought provoking whatsoever and this is what i feared it might be. its a very well made big studio blockbuster with a decent layered story and to be quite honest im disappointed in nolan as this was billed as the film he was gonna get reign from the studio in exchange for doing the 3rd batman film. personally i always felt that for that budget 150 mill+ you can never ever produce a high level film of intelligence that actually takes risks and inception doesnt take risks. story wise you do need to pay attention but all this fuss about this incredibly original thought provoking film is just air, it lacks emotional depth.
8.5/10

Lol at this kid acting like he was too smart for the movie.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #4689
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

Can't believe i didn't see this one

A little bit predictable. But the scenese are touching, the acting is great some minor flaws but overall a good movie

7/10
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #4690
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Funny, "pretentious" was the first word that immediately popped into my mind upon viewing TDK.

Nolan really thought he was blowing minds, didn't he?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #4691
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
The racist caricature robots are insulting beyond belief.
I just happened to flip this on midway through the other day and caught a few scenes with the 'black' robots. I couldn't believe my eyes. That was 1920s black-face level insulting... Far worse than JarJar Binks ever was.

There is no way that I could have made through that entire stinkbomb.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #4692
oneeyeddeacon
I brick open layups

oneeyeddeacon has an OK reputation so far

Tumbling Doll of Flesh:

If you're a fan of "extreme" cinema, beware, this movie is nothing like Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, or Men Behind the Sun. The violence in this movie is not allegorical, nor does it attempt to depict anything based on historical fact. The movie solely exists to shock (or sexually arouse, if your into this sort of thing) its audience, and if you look at it from that perspective, the film definitely succeeds. The effects were pretty good, and I found myself cringing and squirming a lot during the mutilation and rape scenes. However, due to its content and lack of subtext, I cannot bring myself to recommend this movie to anybody.

0/10 from me, although if you enjoy watching movies like the Guinea Pig series (which I have not personally seen), you might want to check this out.
oneeyeddeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #4693
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

The Road

After seeing the trailors and hearing about it from friends, going into it I thought there would be more interaction between the two main characters and other survivors. After thinking about it, it makes more sense to limit the times they ran into others. Overall, I liked it. Some of the scenes will definitely make you think, and a lot of them are downright depressing. The scenes with Viggo and his son talking about killing themselves and planning how they would do it were hard to watch.

8/10

Oh yeah, Omar Little also makes a cameo.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #4694
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I just happened to flip this on midway through the other day and caught a few scenes with the 'black' robots. I couldn't believe my eyes. That was 1920s black-face level insulting... Far worse than JarJar Binks ever was.

There is no way that I could have made through that entire stinkbomb.
I thought the nigg*bots were Italian when I saw the film in theaters.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #4695
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I thought the nigg*bots were Italian when I saw the film in theaters.

I guess they could be guidos... Never thought about that.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: