Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #4831
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I hadn't seen a feature film in IMAX yet, several nature films and showcase stuff but not a full feature. Figured it was time to dip back in to Pandora. Popped some pineapple marijuana candy and tuned in. Really is a pretty special experience in 3D, the story is well worn and cliche, yeah yeah, the dialogue is out of an 80's movie at times, yeah yeah, but that is a cool looking movie. I'm completely on board the 3D bandwagon, I hope the technology continues to improve and more films really go for it with the 3D like Avatar did. Good fun when it's that emersive. Take me away Calgon, all up out this motherf*cker.

my girlfriend is working on this movie "LOL" (a Mylie Cyruss joint ) with Demi Moore and we got to talking about her. She (girlfriend) is younger than I am by 6 years (rock the cradle motherf*ckaaas) so I am occasionally rattled by her missing out on movies/music/whatever that was standard for kids my age. We were still pretty glazed from the pot candy and I convinced her that St Elmo's Fire was worth watching and if nothing else, one of the most comically stereotypical 80's movies of the... 80's. It's been a long time since I've seen St. Elmo's Fire and I was shocked at how bad it is. I laughed almost every time Emilio Estevez was on the screen, the character is a f*cking psychopath and it's billed as romatic/sweet/vunerable, the acting is priceless. The soundtrack is soul shattering. Movie makes Breakfast Club look like Casablanca. There is something about Ally Sheedy though.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #4832
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Pretty good, but as the new york times review mentioned some of it was edited quite disjointedly creating a number of scenes that didn't flow well together. I was a little dissapointed by the lack of craftiness on the part of Mesrine but holy shit does he have balls of adamantium.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #4833
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3.5/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #4834
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6/10

Another case of the trailer and commercials hyping this movie up to more than what it really was. Some critics said this was Clooney's best role...i disagree. I thought he was grand in Michael Clayton. This movie dragged on and on and really didn't pick up until the last 20 minutes or so. There's a lot of Clooney staring into space which is typical in his movies (Clayton). So much time is wasted just watching him wake up and start thinking and staring around the room and thinking some more. Very, very, boring movie.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #4835
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this weekend I saw 2 movies ..

Machete - was great. Really liked it . . 7/10

The Other Guys - I thought it was horrible. It took so long to finish. I just thought it sucked. And I am FAR from the 'movie critic' guy. I just thought it sucked. Was talking to a friend at work right now and was telling him how I felt about it. He thinks I'm wack now because he loved it. Anyone else here think it sucked and think that Will Ferrel is pretty much very overrated and hasn't done anything good in a long time. .. . 2/10
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #4836
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT

3.5/5

Good movie, but Magnum Force is better... So is Tightrope.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #4837
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeddeacon
Eh, I'm just going down this movie list: http://www.runningwithscissors.com/t...violent-movies

I've seen 2-8, August Underground and August Underground's Pennance, The Untold Story, and Schindler's List.

Overall though, I don't think they're really my thing (aside from The Untold Story, which is an absolutely AWESOME movie), so I'll probably just finish off the top 10, possibly watch Irreversible and Audition, and then stick with normal movies from then on.

Irreversible is a very good movie, you should definitely watch it.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #4838
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8.5/10

Dark and depressing but a very accurate portrayal of Joy Division and their lead singer Ian Curtis. Produced by his ex-wife and based on her book this film features some great musical re-creations along with a stellar performance from Samantha Morton.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #4839
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really enjoyed this movie, a powerful drama. Directed by Ben affleck and starring his brother Casey affleck.

Casey affleck plays a Bostonian private investigator hired by a family to help search for their lost daughter.

8/10
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #4840
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

It's been a long time since I've seen St. Elmo's Fire and I was shocked at how bad it is. I laughed almost every time Emilio Estevez was on the screen, the character is a f*cking psychopath and it's billed as romatic/sweet/vunerable, the acting is priceless. The soundtrack is soul shattering. Movie makes Breakfast Club look like Casablanca. There is something about Ally Sheedy though.

Rob Lowe playing the sax was pretty comical. But you gotta love the badassness of Judd Nelson:

Quote:
Alec: You cannot have the Pretenders' first album! That's mine.
Leslie: I bought it.
Alec: You did not! You can have all the Billy Joels... except The Stranger.
Leslie: I'm taking Thriller and Mahler's ninth.
Alec: Kevin is so fond of Mahler.
Leslie: I moved in with Jules.
Alec: Oh how nice, roomies again... No Springsteen is leaving this house! You can have all the Carly Simons.

You also gotta admit that the central theme, that the first couple of years out of college suck balls, holds true.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #4841
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

saw daredevil. Pretty terrible overall. Maybe 3/10
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #4842
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
saw daredevil. Pretty terrible overall. Maybe 3/10

**** me is that film crap, I went to see it in the cinema (FAIL) and even got it on DVD as a gift (EPIC FAIL)
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #4843
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I'll give it an 8/10. We've all seen these Boston gang movies before, but this one kept me entertained throughout. Solid performances by Ruffalo and Hawke. Based on a true story. The movie is based on the director's true life story and he even stars in it. I didn't know till after I researched it.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #4844
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
**** me is that film crap, I went to see it in the cinema (FAIL) and even got it on DVD as a gift (EPIC FAIL)
yeah, I gotta say, I have enjoyed most of the new graphic novel based movies but this was a flub. I could tell it was going to suck from the get go, but I stuck through it. what a waste.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #4845
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid

God damn was this good. Wong kar wai never disappoints and in my opinion is the best active director in the world. Like his other films, Fallen Angels is a very sexy and stylistic movie. It's not as polished in terms of cinematography as his later films but I felt a more youthful exuberance with Fallen Angels, maybe because Kaneshiro's story provides some much-needed humor and optimistic romanticism into the story. I remember Boozehound asking who I'd go gay for, I should've said Kaneshiro. I bet he could get any woman (or man if he swung that way) he wanted. Michelle reis was also pretty ****ing sexy in this movie too, I hadn't heard of her before this film.

10/10

Fallen Angels is excellent.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: