Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 AM   #5011
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
watching the exorcist right now, will rate afterwards, heard a lot of good things.

You're just seeing the original Exorcist now?

That movie, for me, is probably one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

You have to consider the time/era it came out too. Totally rocked people's faces off.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #5012
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
movie is seriously f*cking incredible, go see it. I'm afraid it's gonna slip through the cracks, the previews didn't do it justice. Will probably recieve some award consideration.

Have you seen the original? How did it stack up?
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #5013
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Sus
This was a pretty decent move, and the entire cast consisted of 3 people, 6 if you want to get technical. But 99% of the movie consisted of dialog between three people in one room...and it worked. I enjoyed the movie. I had no idea what the "Sus" laws were before watching it and how police in England were using it against black people for the most part. I rate this movie: Good

Animal Kingdom
I enjoyed this as well. It's a nice thriller that kept me interested for the most part throughout it's duration. I rate this movie: Good

Btw, my rating scale goes like this:

Bad
Okay
Good
Great

Last edited by Captain Kirk : 10-09-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #5014
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
You're just seeing the original Exorcist now?

That movie, for me, is probably one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

You have to consider the time/era it came out too. Totally rocked people's faces off.
yeah first time lol... fuc*king loving it so far.

last movie i watched before this was social network, i rate that like 7.5/10 solid flick but not that great.

before that was the town, and i give that a good 9/10 very good movie, really enjoyed that one.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #5015
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo'sgrizz
The Town- starring Ben Affleck

A+

I'm a big movie guy and very critical of movis but this movie was amazing. Affleck was the man for the movie and i wanted to watch it immediately again!
Find that hard to believe.
vapid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #5016
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Have you seen the original? How did it stack up?

I actually prefer the remake. There was nothing "cheap american remake" about it. The acting was better, the story telling was better, it was darker and sweeter at the same time. Poignant and endearing. I found myself caring about the characters a lot more. Performances were perfect. Chloe Moretz is a bad ass. No subtitles helps too. Soundtrack was boss. Some amazing shots/scenes. Didn't stray too far from the original, apparently included some things from the book that "Let the right one in" didn't. One of the best movies of the year without a doubt, go see it.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 10-09-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #5017
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love the original so much. Hard to believe a remake did it justice. I'm actually shocked. Did Hollywood pull it off for once?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:20 AM   #5018
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@bbfl

the Exorcist blu ray came out on the 7th, It's loaded, LOADED with extra features, it's supposed to be sick
Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #5019
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

I am also spectical about the Hollywood remake as I adored the Swedish original. How was the pool scene? :)
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #5020
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
I am also spectical about the Hollywood remake as I adored the Swedish original. How was the pool scene? :)

you're making a skeptical of yourself. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I love the original so much. Hard to believe a remake did it justice. I'm actually shocked. Did Hollywood pull it off for once?

they pulled it off Pete, I shit you not. This Matt Reeves kid might have the touch.

pool scene was awesome. included a car crash scene with the "father" that will blow your mind. The actor that plays "the father" is so much more heartbreaking, the casting is better across the board, even the bullies are better and there's some subtext with them that wasn't present in the original. it's a f*cking beautifully shot movie and I didn't think Cloverfield was special at all. I can't say enough, I would go today if I were you.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 10-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #5021
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

The Social Network was FANTASTIC. 10/10
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #5022
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
you're making a skeptical of yourself. :)

they pulled it off Pete, I shit you not. This Matt Reeves kid might have the touch.

pool scene was awesome. included a car crash scene with the "father" that will blow your mind. The actor that plays "the father" is so much more heartbreaking, the casting is better across the board, even the bullies are better and there's some subtext with them that wasn't present in the original. it's a f*cking beautifully shot movie and I didn't think Cloverfield was special at all. I can't say enough, I would go today if I were you.

Wow. I'm literally f*cking stunned beyong belief. Myself and Thorpe knew this was being remade months ago and we've been complaining since then. The last thought in my mind was them being able to pull it off.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #5023
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

literally?

can't wait to hear your thoughts after you see it.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #5024
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Mark me down as one who was also very spectical. The original was so beautiful and haunting. I actually had little desire to see the remake, but LD has injected some excitement into it for me. I will certainly give it a chance.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #5025
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

^ completely agree.

This might be the first movie I go to see in theaters in almost three years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: