Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #5641
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,277
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - 7/10
- Strange but interesting. I'm still not sure what was real and whether or not this movie was just "playing" the audience but it was a good story structure for a documentary.

Saw 3D - 1/10
- One of the worst movies of all-time. This becomes only the 5th movie that I have ever given a 1/10 to. It joins Hostel Part 2, Pootie Tang, Meet the Spartans and The Pest as my least favourite movies ever. There was nothing entertaining, interesting or worth watching here. I've never been a fan of the series but there's always this morbid curiosity that brings me back each time. This seems like it would be a kick in the balls to Saw fans too.

Buried - 9/10
- The most intense movie of the year and also one of the best. I was speechless and exhausted by the end of it. Ryan Reynolds shows that he is a good actor who sometimes simply takes the easy pay cheque (can't blame him). I like how the film never left Paul. To give any shots from outside of the coffin would have cheapened the whole experience. Buried is all about emotion and atmosphere. A simple premise done incredibly well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #5642
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...
 
Captain Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 1,636
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Buried - 9/10
- The most intense movie of the year and also one of the best. I was speechless and exhausted by the end of it. Ryan Reynolds shows that he is a good actor who sometimes simply takes the easy pay cheque (can't blame him). I like how the film never left Paul. To give any shots from outside of the coffin would have cheapened the whole experience. Buried is all about emotion and atmosphere. A simple premise done incredibly well.

How about that ending
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #5643
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,033
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

the fighter: 8.5/10

pretty sick movie, christian bale was very good but the only bad thing was the fighting ROFL the fighting was cringeworthy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #5644
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,277
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
How about that ending
*Spoilers in white*
It was perfect. The last conversations, the hallucination and the frantic music. The ending credit music was strangely inappropriate though I had to shut that off before it ruined it all.


Buried kinda combined the concepts of two of my favourite modern "B" type movies in Phone Booth and Cellular (very underrated and fun movie). It improved on them with better direction and acting. When a gimmick like this is done right, it's so damn good.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #5645
Patrick Chewing
New Jack Hustler
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
Haven't seen any of his films actually. I'm tempted to, so I'll probably watch them depending on how I like Inglorious Basterds. Most likely going watch it tonight

Not a fan of Tarantino films, but this movie is pretty amazing. The first 20 minutes will leave you in awe.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #5646
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...
 
Captain Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 1,636
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Buried kinda combined the concepts of two of my favourite modern "B" type movies in Phone Booth and Cellular (very underrated and fun movie). It improved on them with better direction and acting. When a gimmick like this is done right, it's so damn good.

I didn't know whether to laugh or be sad. I was just stuck between both emotions.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #5647
TonyJones
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 784
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Crow 8/10

I thought it would be more dark and depressing than it was. I was surprised by the humorous and lighthearted parts. Overall it was a good action film. The music was awesome too.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #5648
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.
 
Ruh-Roh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,217
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

MacGruber (unrated dvd version)

3.5/10

I was excited for this. I loved that generation's SNL cast, but this movie ****ing blew. Val Kilmer and the other kid must really not want to have any careers anymore.

It's the kind of movie that tries to be funny by being dumb, but it's really just dumb 97% of the time and the other 3% are some pretty good laughs, but not worth the frustration of the rest of the film.

Maybe the theatrical version was better, but I don't care enough to find out.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #5649
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet
 
"Jesus"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,458
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
How about that ending

Wouldn't have it any other way. But yes as Qwy said, the credit music was beyond awful!

Exit Through the Gift Shop was awesome.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #5650
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 16,199
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Exit Through the Gift Shop - 7/10
- Strange but interesting. I'm still not sure what was real and whether or not this movie was just "playing" the audience but it was a good story structure for a documentary.

Saw 3D - 1/10
- One of the worst movies of all-time. This becomes only the 5th movie that I have ever given a 1/10 to. It joins Hostel Part 2, Pootie Tang, Meet the Spartans and The Pest as my least favourite movies ever. There was nothing entertaining, interesting or worth watching here. I've never been a fan of the series but there's always this morbid curiosity that brings me back each time. This seems like it would be a kick in the balls to Saw fans too.

Buried - 9/10
- The most intense movie of the year and also one of the best. I was speechless and exhausted by the end of it. Ryan Reynolds shows that he is a good actor who sometimes simply takes the easy pay cheque (can't blame him). I like how the film never left Paul. To give any shots from outside of the coffin would have cheapened the whole experience. Buried is all about emotion and atmosphere. A simple premise done incredibly well.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #5651
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: the land of the free
Posts: 3,342
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

actually he should have said "Next Friday" and "Friday After Next" as the terrible list. they should have stopped at "Friday".
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #5652
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,680
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.


7/10

entertaining
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #5653
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $
 
ShannonElements's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portugal, South America
Posts: 15,314
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
MacGruber (unrated dvd version)

3.5/10

I was excited for this. I loved that generation's SNL cast, but this movie ****ing blew. Val Kilmer and the other kid must really not want to have any careers anymore.

It's the kind of movie that tries to be funny by being dumb, but it's really just dumb 97% of the time and the other 3% are some pretty good laughs, but not worth the frustration of the rest of the film.

Maybe the theatrical version was better, but I don't care enough to find out.

Pretty much exactly what I thought about it as well.
My post for it
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #5654
Stuckey
ifirtworld
 
Stuckey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: igloo
Posts: 7,632
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

takers 4/10

310 to yuma 6/10
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #5655
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker
 
takeittothehoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne,Oz
Posts: 2,752
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I dont think I'd like Takers. It's hard to take a movie that has T.I and Chris Brown in it seriously.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy