Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #5641
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Been looking for some movies to watch. Love Tarantino's stuff but haven't seen Jackie Brown, Natural Born Killers, or True Romance yet. Two of them streaming on netflix. Thanks.
Jackie Brown is a personal favorite of mine... In fact, it may be my favorite Tarantino film. It certainly didn't receive the praise of some others and flies remarkably under the radar, for the most part.

Definitely check that out immediately. True Romance is also a classic. I was never all that crazy about Natural Born Killers, but a lot of people who are really into movies, as well, dig it...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #5642
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

I know it's already been rated a few times but..

Black Swan: 8.5/10

It's great, through the first half I thought it was possible that I wouldn't like this at all but the second half completely changed my mind. What a great film..Only reason I didn't give it a 9 or higher is that I found the ballet dancing stuff really boring..I know the plot made up for it but yeah..
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #5643
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Exit Through the Gift Shop - 7/10
- Strange but interesting. I'm still not sure what was real and whether or not this movie was just "playing" the audience but it was a good story structure for a documentary.

Saw 3D - 1/10
- One of the worst movies of all-time. This becomes only the 5th movie that I have ever given a 1/10 to. It joins Hostel Part 2, Pootie Tang, Meet the Spartans and The Pest as my least favourite movies ever. There was nothing entertaining, interesting or worth watching here. I've never been a fan of the series but there's always this morbid curiosity that brings me back each time. This seems like it would be a kick in the balls to Saw fans too.

Buried - 9/10
- The most intense movie of the year and also one of the best. I was speechless and exhausted by the end of it. Ryan Reynolds shows that he is a good actor who sometimes simply takes the easy pay cheque (can't blame him). I like how the film never left Paul. To give any shots from outside of the coffin would have cheapened the whole experience. Buried is all about emotion and atmosphere. A simple premise done incredibly well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #5644
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Buried - 9/10
- The most intense movie of the year and also one of the best. I was speechless and exhausted by the end of it. Ryan Reynolds shows that he is a good actor who sometimes simply takes the easy pay cheque (can't blame him). I like how the film never left Paul. To give any shots from outside of the coffin would have cheapened the whole experience. Buried is all about emotion and atmosphere. A simple premise done incredibly well.

How about that ending
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #5645
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

the fighter: 8.5/10

pretty sick movie, christian bale was very good but the only bad thing was the fighting ROFL the fighting was cringeworthy
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #5646
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
How about that ending
*Spoilers in white*
It was perfect. The last conversations, the hallucination and the frantic music. The ending credit music was strangely inappropriate though I had to shut that off before it ruined it all.

Buried kinda combined the concepts of two of my favourite modern "B" type movies in Phone Booth and Cellular (very underrated and fun movie). It improved on them with better direction and acting. When a gimmick like this is done right, it's so damn good.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #5647
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
Haven't seen any of his films actually. I'm tempted to, so I'll probably watch them depending on how I like Inglorious Basterds. Most likely going watch it tonight

Not a fan of Tarantino films, but this movie is pretty amazing. The first 20 minutes will leave you in awe.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #5648
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Quote:
Buried kinda combined the concepts of two of my favourite modern "B" type movies in Phone Booth and Cellular (very underrated and fun movie). It improved on them with better direction and acting. When a gimmick like this is done right, it's so damn good.

I didn't know whether to laugh or be sad. I was just stuck between both emotions.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #5649
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

The Crow 8/10

I thought it would be more dark and depressing than it was. I was surprised by the humorous and lighthearted parts. Overall it was a good action film. The music was awesome too.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #5650
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

MacGruber (unrated dvd version)

3.5/10

I was excited for this. I loved that generation's SNL cast, but this movie ****ing blew. Val Kilmer and the other kid must really not want to have any careers anymore.

It's the kind of movie that tries to be funny by being dumb, but it's really just dumb 97% of the time and the other 3% are some pretty good laughs, but not worth the frustration of the rest of the film.

Maybe the theatrical version was better, but I don't care enough to find out.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #5651
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
How about that ending

Wouldn't have it any other way. But yes as Qwy said, the credit music was beyond awful!

Exit Through the Gift Shop was awesome.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #5652
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Exit Through the Gift Shop - 7/10
- Strange but interesting. I'm still not sure what was real and whether or not this movie was just "playing" the audience but it was a good story structure for a documentary.

Saw 3D - 1/10
- One of the worst movies of all-time. This becomes only the 5th movie that I have ever given a 1/10 to. It joins Hostel Part 2, Pootie Tang, Meet the Spartans and The Pest as my least favourite movies ever. There was nothing entertaining, interesting or worth watching here. I've never been a fan of the series but there's always this morbid curiosity that brings me back each time. This seems like it would be a kick in the balls to Saw fans too.

Buried - 9/10
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #5653
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

actually he should have said "Next Friday" and "Friday After Next" as the terrible list. they should have stopped at "Friday".
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #5654
bluechox2
#knickstape

7/10

entertaining
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #5655
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh-Roh
MacGruber (unrated dvd version)

3.5/10

I was excited for this. I loved that generation's SNL cast, but this movie ****ing blew. Val Kilmer and the other kid must really not want to have any careers anymore.

It's the kind of movie that tries to be funny by being dumb, but it's really just dumb 97% of the time and the other 3% are some pretty good laughs, but not worth the frustration of the rest of the film.

Maybe the theatrical version was better, but I don't care enough to find out.

Pretty much exactly what I thought about it as well.
My post for it
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: