Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #46
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

same. that flick really surprised me at how funny it was.

I also watched Deja Vu the same night. It was interesting and a few times it had me hooked but the execution just wasnt there in the end and some parts were either far too obvious while the characters were clueless or just plain ridiculous even for a time travel flick. I mean, what was the point of even pretending it was surveillance footage at first? That crap nearly lost me right there until they told us the real deal. Points for opening up with a Beach Boys song though.

Deja Vu - 5/10

Sarah Marshall - 8.5/10 (though id never watch it with my rents)

if you only saw it 1 time i bet you didnt understand it well. I give deja vu 8/10

the LAST movie i watched was EAGLE EYE... wow, what a movie, i am starting to like shia. 8/10 .
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #47
Phar
Banned

Phar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPhar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I looved Iron Man. 10/10 for me.

Just watched Baby Mama. I'd give it a 6/10.
Phar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #48
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just watched Appaloosa. Very good movie. I liked 3:10 to Yuma better than this one but still worth watching.

8.5/10
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:37 AM   #49
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

just watched slacker uprising by michael moore a couple of days ago. it was kinda lame overall, seemed like they wanted to show how loved michael moore was by "the people". and showing all those weak-ass artists performing at his rallies made me want to skip forward. but it was interesting to see stuff about the 04 presidential campaign while we're in the midst of the 08 campaign.

i'll give it 4/10
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #50
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Are you sure? I heard a disgruntled editor had basically ruined the last hour or two in frustration, and they barely had enough to fill 4 hours, which is what Leone wanted.

I heard that when the filming was over, they had 8-10 hours of footage and then Leone and his editor trimmed it down to 6 hours.At first Leone wanted to release the film in two movies with three-hour parts, but the producers refused and they trimmed it down even more for the Dvd(4 hours).

Last edited by CAAIDN : 10-04-2008 at 09:40 AM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #51
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

Watched Borat for the 4th time at my friends house.

9/10.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #52
The Machine
Banned

The Machine has an OK reputation so far

I watched Royal Tannenbaums for the first time in my friend's dorm. At the beginning sequence I just judged it as an Amelie ripoff, even the narrators voice sounds the same, but it wound up becoming one of my favorite movies. Not as good as zoolander, but close. Some people told me this music was a comedy that wasn't funny and doesn't make you laugh but my friends and I were laughing nonstop pretty much.
9.3/10
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #53
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Choke: 8.5/10

Hilarious movie with some big twists. Great acting by Sam Rockwell and Anjelica Huston and Kelly Macdonald is hawt running around in the doctors outfit(and taking it off).
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #54
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Knuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected posterKnuck the Ficks is a pretty well-respected poster

I watched Once Upon a Time in America over three nights.

It's a good movie but it's way too long with many unnecessary scenes (the two graphic depictions of rape are the first that come to mind).

Perhaps they should have made it into a television series instead.

(Sidenote: Jennifer Connelly looks the same now as she did when she was 14-years old. I could recognise her without looking at the credits on the box)
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #55
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

I watched 300 for a paper I wrote, and Training Day (for kicks) a couple of days ago.

It was the first time I saw 300, and I'd give it a solid 7.5-8/10. Training Day's one of my all time favorites. It gets a 9.5/10.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #56
B-Diddy=2Easy
Banned

B-Diddy=2Easy is popular on this boardB-Diddy=2Easy is popular on this boardB-Diddy=2Easy is popular on this boardB-Diddy=2Easy is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
I watched 300 for a paper I wrote, and Training Day (for kicks) a couple of days ago.

It was the first time I saw 300, and I'd give it a solid 7.5-8/10. Training Day's one of my all time favorites. It gets a 9.5/10.

Denzel is gully in that movie.
B-Diddy=2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #57
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

The Love Guru

2/10 Mike Meyers worst movie imo, the only brightspot of the movie was Justin Timberlake's "Le Coq" Grande character
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #58
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Diddy=2Easy
Denzel is gully in that movie.

Denzel was born for that role. Nothing short of spectacular.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #59
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

I just watched "Rock The Paint" which I have decided is the 2nd worst film of all-time. Unfortunately I followed it up with a documentary titled "The N-Word" which was pretty lame too.

It was like a double-dose of crap and both are really about the same thing essentially.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #60
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

did anyone see nick and norahs infinite playlist ? my girl wants to see it but i think its a girly movie isnt it ?
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: