Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #6031
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
It's $80 at amazon. How many pages does it have (aprox.)?

just went and checked, its 166 + a page of Darren obsessing about the process he went through writing it.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #6032
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
just went and checked, its 166 + a page of Darren obsessing about the process he went through writing it.

Thanks. I think I'll download it and then buy it if I like it.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #6033
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't realize the director had also done Blood Diamond -- that makes a lot of sense. Very similar styles. It was a solid WW2 resistance movie that I liked but didn't love. It was interesting to see a Jewish exodus parallel based in Nazi Germany, and honestly, I'm surprised I hadn't seen anything like it before. It seems like a pretty obvious idea in hindsight. There wasn't anything particularly special about the characters or the dialogue, and basing a movie around competing themes of sacrifice and principles has been beaten to death. It gets a bump up from me for the fact that it was based on a miraculous true story, and if I were to guess from the few sentences written on how the characters spent the rest of their lives, it seems accurate enough for a thumbs up.

I was disappointed with the score, which I had heard was superb. By no means did it suck, but it didn't meet expectations. Though I guess as Shannon would tell me, that isn't the movie's fault, it's my own.

7/10
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #6034
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never seen Blood Diamond. Is that bad?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #6035
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't call it a must see, but it was pretty good. A little better than Defiance, but nothing you should go out of your way to rent unless you're really running out of things to watch.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #6036
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well then that just confirms what I thought when it came out. Award bait. I hate movies like that. Not because of their intentions, but because I have literally zero interest in the subject matter.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #6037
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8/10

clooney was great in it
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #6038
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Hey Qwijybo, weren't you looking for Eternal Sunshine on Blu Ray recently? It's being released on the 25th.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #6039
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Hey Qwijybo, weren't you looking for Eternal Sunshine on Blu Ray recently? It's being released on the 25th.
I already have the "bare bones" blu-ray from 2009 with no extras. Picture quality isn't anything amazing but it's solid. I was buying other movie and it was available for $9 so I figured I'd get it and replace the full-screen DVD version I had (which was bought as a gift... a poorly thought out gift!).

A bunch of decent quality screeners have come out lately too. Let Me In, The King's Speech and Blue Valentine.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #6040
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I already have the "bare bones" blu-ray from 2009 with no extras. Picture quality isn't anything amazing but it's solid. I was buying other movie and it was available for $9 so I figured I'd get it and replace the full-screen DVD version I had (which was bought as a gift... a poorly thought out gift!).

A bunch of decent quality screeners have come out lately too. Let Me In, The King's Speech and Blue Valentine.

Use http://www.blu-ray.com/ for your complete BD news/reviews/forums. Their reviews are incredibly thorough. They gauge picture/audio quality as well as extra features, and the movie itself out of 5 and give an average, and so far, with the BD's I've ordered from the reviews on that site, they aren't f*cking around. They also link directly to Amazon for purchase. Check out the page for the Social Network, I mean really, what site are you gonna get that has all the information you need right up front in the first box you see? Wow, I sound like a f*cking sales rep for this site, don't I? Anyways, It's good, you should use it from now on.

And what I'm getting at is, the review for the new release of Sunshine should be out shortly, they'll let you know if It's due for a re-purchase.

Also, I just DLed the screeners for BV and tK'sP, didn't see Let Me In, though. Gotta look out for that one.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #6041
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Loved this movie since I saw it last year in the cinema. Well worth watching although give it a few goes before judging it. The film is plot heavy and expects you to concentrate through out.

I also saw the actor Tom Hardy (Eames) while out shopping at the weekend. ****ing bizarre.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #6042
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8.7?
Rough rating there.
More like a 8.71 or 8.73? Maybe 8.69?

i kid i kid
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #6043
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
8.7?
Rough rating there.
More like a 8.71 or 8.73? Maybe 8.69?

i kid i kid

I'm part of the pretentious metacritic crowd. We all scoff at your reviews with rounded numbers

only joking.....but seriously
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #6044
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Use http://www.blu-ray.com/ for your complete BD news/reviews/forums. Their reviews are incredibly thorough. They gauge picture/audio quality as well as extra features, and the movie itself out of 5 and give an average, and so far, with the BD's I've ordered from the reviews on that site, they aren't f*cking around. They also link directly to Amazon for purchase. Check out the page for the Social Network, I mean really, what site are you gonna get that has all the information you need right up front in the first box you see? Wow, I sound like a f*cking sales rep for this site, don't I? Anyways, It's good, you should use it from now on.

And what I'm getting at is, the review for the new release of Sunshine should be out shortly, they'll let you know if It's due for a re-purchase.

Also, I just DLed the screeners for BV and tK'sP, didn't see Let Me In, though. Gotta look out for that one.
The Let Me In screener had Korean subs pop-up a couple times which was odd. Didn't happen often though. Sound seemed a bit off but definitely watchable overall. Great movie too. I loved the Swedish version and IMO, this was equal to it. It smartly cut out out some unnecessary stuff but there also were a couple things I wish were included.

http://ca.blu-ray.com/movies/Eternal...-Blu-ray/5137/
That's the one I have. I guess it was a Canada-only release? I once borrowed the Collector's edition DVD from a friend so I saw all the extras anyways. Maybe I'll upgrade once this upcoming version becomes piss-cheap.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #6045
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The Let Me In screener had Korean subs pop-up a couple times which was odd. Didn't happen often though. Sound seemed a bit off but definitely watchable overall. Great movie too. I loved the Swedish version and IMO, this was equal to it. It smartly cut out out some unnecessary stuff but there also were a couple things I wish were included.

http://ca.blu-ray.com/movies/Eternal...-Blu-ray/5137/
That's the one I have. I guess it was a Canada-only release? I once borrowed the Collector's edition DVD from a friend so I saw all the extras anyways. Maybe I'll upgrade once this upcoming version becomes piss-cheap.

They're usually pretty cheap once they're released, especially for a re-release of an older movie. They start off cheap, then go up once they start to sell, then once the selling kind of teeter offs, that's when it goes down to like $10. Unless you can wait, I'd get it right away. It'll be $18.99 according to Amazon
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: