Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #6766
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
huh, the coolest 6 yr old I know mentioned this movie tonight and I hadnt even heard of it. I gather its a fairytale writ modern.

I recently watched winter's bone. It was interesting. In many ways its a really low key movie (except for the hands part), but the emotional engagement with the girl is strong enough to really make it a strong film. Definitely kept you interested in the location of her daddy throughout.
8/10

Would you recommend it for a date movie?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #6767
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Would you recommend it for a date movie?

Winter's Bone as a date movie?

ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #6768
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Winter's Bone as a date movie?

I really don't know, not my choice. At least it's not some ****ing romcom or retarded comedy, is it?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #6769
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I really don't know, not my choice. At least it's not some ****ing romcom or retarded comedy, is it?

Do not watch it as a date movie unless you're chick is very into movies. That shit is gritty, dirty, and depressing. It's good, but it's not going to get anyone in the loving mood... Unless toothless meth-heads turn you on.

Think of it like a mix between the look of The Road, and the type of people that were the Pikeys in Snatch, with a girl main character looking for her dad.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #6770
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

8/10
I thought it had some plot improvements over the Swedish ones, which was pleasant surprising. I felt the pacing was a tad rushed, but then again I'm comparing this to the original.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #6771
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Do not watch it as a date movie unless you're chick is very into movies. That shit is gritty, dirty, and depressing. It's good, but it's not going to get anyone in the loving mood... Unless toothless meth-heads turn you on.

Think of it like a mix between the look of The Road, and the type of people that were the Pikeys in Snatch, with a girl main character looking for her dad.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the warning. I think I'll tell her we should go see something else then. The thing is she picked the movie, so I'm assuming she knew what it's about and whether or not she might like it. I hardly ever go to the movies with chicks for that same reason, I like watching movies on my own and deciding what I get to watch.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #6772
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
huh, the coolest 6 yr old I know mentioned this movie tonight and I hadnt even heard of it. I gather its a fairytale writ modern.

Best use of 3-D animation I've seen in the last 2 years. The plot and musical score were great too. I took my daughter when it came out in Nov. and I wanted to hate it but you can't deny a quality film when you see one.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #6773
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus

8/10
I thought it had some plot improvements over the Swedish ones, which was pleasant surprising. I felt the pacing was a tad rushed, but then again I'm comparing this to the original.

I have the Let The Right One In and it was good ass movie and I haven't seen that remade movie.

Which one is better?
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #6774
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

9.0/10

Cool Hand Luke

Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #6775
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
9.0/10

Cool Hand Luke

Great film. I still can't get over him eating all those eggs.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #6776
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
9.0/10

Cool Hand Luke

I've often made the case that the scene where the blonde chick is washing the car is on the short list of hottest scenes in the history of cinema. I don't know who she is, but she's definitely one of those timeless beauties that doesn't feel dated in any way at all. She's got the little sun dress on, that if you were to remake that movie right now you wouldn't have to change the wardrobe at all.

I may have some memory refraction of it because the first time I watched it I was fifteen, and my english teacher showed it to us because it was his favorite film ever, and we did some dialogue analysis on it. That scene, in High School, as a fifteen year old virgin. Half the class wasn't able to stand up after that scene.

It is a spectacular movie. Among my all time favorites.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #6777
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i thought this was gonna be just some insane comedy/horror silly concept film about a tire that kills people and thats all- i mean that in itself would be awesome but...... now you tell me this is on some goddard, french new wave, laying bare the device type vibe

I AM SO ****ING HYPED FOR THIS FILM.

Oh man, that's a lot of pressure you're putting on me so I hope you aren't let down.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #6778
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

attempted to watch "thin red line" and fell asleep while doing so last night

1/10
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #6779
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

The grapes of wrath, by John Ford.

I recently re-read the novel, but I had never seen the film before. Maybe some people will disagree, but I don't think it's one of Ford's best works. The acting and the cinematography are it's brightest spots. The script adaptation left quite a lot to be desired in my opinion, and that's my main issue with it. They changed some things that didn't need to be changed for no apparent reason, and they shortened the story more than they should've, even leaving out the novel's dramatic ending. This results in the film feeling unfinished. It also fails to convey the the vivid, powerful writing of Steinbeck, as well as most of the political message of the novel (which is understandable considering the time it was made in).

7/10
Old 03-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #6780
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

American History X: 8.5/10
127 Hours: 8/10
Monsters: 7/10
Battle L.A: 7/10
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: