Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #7366
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

as unappealing and annoying as bridesmaids looks we all know it will be good, its apatow, he simply cannot fail to make a good comedy.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #7367
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

So Green Lantern officially blows? NEVER woulda seen that coming, not like everything about it's looked like shit since it started filming.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #7368
Black Joker
NBA lottery pick

Super 8 - 8/10
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #7369
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Except Apatow didn't write it. He's produced some real shit i.e. Drillbit Taylor.

whoever wrote it did a great job. Very funny movie. My favorite of the summer so far.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #7370
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Super 8 - 8/10

I also saw this...and I rate this movie: 5/10

Overall i was just really bored throughout it. I enjoyed the relationship between the young boy and girl, but as far s the beast and the conspiracy of what was happening to the people and things, I just couldn't get into it. It really did feel like a movie from the 80s, so they accomplished that much.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #7371
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I also saw this...and I rate this movie: 5/10

Overall i was just really bored throughout it. I enjoyed the relationship between the young boy and girl, but as far s the beast and the conspiracy of what was happening to the people and things, I just couldn't get into it. It really did feel like a movie from the 80s, so they accomplished that much.

You changed rating systems again?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #7372
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You changed rating systems again?

It feels unnecessary, but i couldn't find a way with my 4 star system to properly rate this movie. I don't think it's terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it, so i couldn't give it 1 star or 2 stars, because 2 stars is still something i'd watch. So in that respect the 4 star system could be flawed. I could have gone to a 5 star system, but I figure I'll just use a 10 scale since it works well for IMDb. But you will not see any percentage ratings or 7.2457 ratings. Solid numbers only.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #7373
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

In a week you'll be doing percentages and talking about how awful 1-10 is.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #7374
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Blue Velvet

Lynch did an incredible job of building such a dark psychosis in this film. Such a dark thriller about crime and twisted sexual fantasy in suburban America. Beuatiful job of directing on his part. I thought the acting was pretty unspectacular tho besides Dennis Hopper absolutely lighting the house on fire with his performance. I didn't think the other acting was bad but I just expected better from such a well rated movie. It's probably what keeps me from rating it a ten but it was still a great movie.

"Heinekin? **** that shit. Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!"

9/10
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #7375
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Blue Velvet

Lynch did an incredible job of building such a dark psychosis in this film. Such a dark thriller about crime and twisted sexual fantasy in suburban America. Beuatiful job of directing on his part. I thought the acting was pretty unspectacular tho besides Dennis Hopper absolutely lighting the house on fire with his performance. I didn't think the other acting was bad but I just expected better from such a well rated movie. It's probably what keeps me from rating it a ten but it was still a great movie.

"Heinekin? **** that shit. Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!"

9/10

Years ago I was in Wilmington, NC where that was filmed and I went to the apartment building where Dennis Hopper had that nitrous and shit. It's this really creepy old building right in the nicest section of downtown, surrounded by southern style mansions. Totally out of place.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #7376
sunsfan1357
Word.

How to Die in Oregon: 8/10. Great HBO Doc that was recommended to me by someone on here (forgot who, but thanks!) about the practice of euthanasia in Oregon and getting it passed in Washington. The only thing I wish they would've done is show more of the opponents side of the story instead of little interviews at rallies and perhaps more of the health care side of things like the story of the man who went public when his provider wouldn't pay for cancer treatment, but would pay to have him put to death legally.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1: 6/10. I'm not too into the Harry Potter thing, but it was entertaining and provided a good buildup for the next one (which comes out on my birthtday )

Hereafter: 6.5/10. Interesting premise, good direction, but some parts just fell flat to me. Still a good movie, but I kind of expected more I guess.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #7377
Waking_Life
We Are Legion

I dun seen Thor again. It was cool but I could totally peep the weak the second time ova. Its like a solid 7. First time was doper tho.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #7378
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

superb film, one of the very best of last year for me, close to a masterpiece. powerful drama but mature and nicely restrained, never lets up, exceptional work. for me it is just below true grit and black swan but just above the social network and the kings speech
9.5/10

inconsistent but overall it was very well done, i had issues with several scenes and it had some middle act issues(im still not sold on mathew vaughn- kick ass was largely awful). the ****ing fairy girl was just painful, terribly misjudged and her scenes were horrible. but aside from that i enjoyed it alot. mccavoy was good but what can you say about fassbender- the guy is absolutely a future pilar of hollywood, im talking daniel day lewis level of mastery. every moment he was on screen elevates this film and every moment he wasnt it suffers. he was the best thing in this film and the film itself was pretty good. he has deniro level screen presence already.
8/10
Old 06-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #7379
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

first picture didnt show up
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #7380
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
first picture didnt show up

winters bone
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: