Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #7471
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

bridesmaids

apatow is literally unable to make a comedy that isnt solid, everything he has been involved with(mainly as producer). has been decent, this isnt anything great but hits the right notes in terms of comedy. there are some moments of laugh out loud, fall about the place humor. the drama is less effective(as is so often the case in these kind of films) and is mainly contrived.
7/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #7472
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Bad Teacher is hysterical and Cameron Diaz is smokin' hot. Got It Bad, Got It Bad, Got It Bad, I'm Hot For Teacher!
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #7473
TrueGreenFan
Banned

hangover part 2 - 6/10
TrueGreenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #7474
alenleomessi
W

are there any torrents released for bad teacher ?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #7475
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop

The Lincoln Lawyer: 8/10...I was surprised by this, didn't expect much but the storyline is actually pretty good. Had me engaged all the way through.

Just saw this last night, nice soundtrack, good story line, it would have done much better as a summer release.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #7476
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This summer I'm finishing the Lord of the Rings series finally by watching the third one, and watching Star Wars again for shits and giggles.

I think I'll start today by watching Return of the King.

Whats the ISH movie critics favorite LOTR? I've heard Return of the King is the best.

Not counting the older animated thing that came out.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #7477
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
This summer I'm finishing the Lord of the Rings series finally by watching the third one, and watching Star Wars again for shits and giggles.

I think I'll start today by watching Return of the King.

Whats the ISH movie critics favorite LOTR? I've heard Return of the King is the best.

Not counting the older animated thing that came out.

Return of the King is the one that won the most awards. That was the Best Picture winner I think, which felt almost like a cumulative award. But I actually like them progressively less as they go along. The end of RotK is just exhausting. And to be that long, and spend so much time after the fall of Sauron, and then skim over the great stuff in the book, like Sam leading the take back of the Shire, was just extremely disappointing to me.

The atmosphere of the first one, with the Dark Riders snooping about, the small group skulking along their trip, gave it an almost horror like feel.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #7478
Hittin_Shots
Good college starter

It was alright.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #7479
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

The atmosphere of the first one, with the Dark Riders snooping about, the small group skulking along their trip, gave it an almost horror like feel.

I completely agree. The way the third book ended was so much better than the film, imo. That being said I can't fault Jackson for taking on a mammoth project and executing it pretty darn well.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #7480
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

fellowship is my favorite of the three films . but my favorite scenes are in two and three.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #7481
scott0326
National High School Star

John Q - 6/10
Law Abiding citizen - 8/10
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #7482
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Shawshank Redemption 8/10 I never saw this film before. They've been running it on cable recently. I've seen it in 3 sittings. Very interesting and entertaining.

The Way Back 7/10 Multinational soldiers escape a Siberian prison during WWII and trek through Siberia, Gobi Desert, and Himalayas. It's supposed to be based on a true story, but most reports say this is debatable...for that I dock it 1 point.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 06-28-2011 at 02:13 PM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #7483
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I completely agree. The way the third book ended was so much better than the film, imo. That being said I can't fault Jackson for taking on a mammoth project and executing it pretty darn well.

It speaks to the density of the books that there can be 9 hours of film and I still feel like stuff was shorted.
My qualm with RotK the film is that I could have done without the pageantry of the royal wedding and what have you. I almost feel like there was a different interpretation of who the King in RotK is, it was presented as Viggo's return as the human king, where as when I was reading the book, I always felt it was Frodo's return to the shire, where he really can't even function, and doesn't get the respect he deserves. That's the Return in my opinion, and it was sort of glossed over.

Also, UK talks about his favorite scenes being from II and III. I think my favorite scenes would both be from I, when they're hiding under the tree stump and the dark rider is sniffing around just above them. And I also really like the scene where they first run into the Strider in the bar, and he's still a mystery character who may be good or bad and they're not sure.

There's a few treebeard scenes I really love too. I felt like Treebeard in general was handled about as perfectly as he could've.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 06-28-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #7484
crosso√er
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It speaks to the density of the books that there can be 9 hours of film and I still feel like stuff was shorted.
My qualm with RotK the film is that I could have done without the pageantry of the royal wedding and what have you. I almost feel like there was a different interpretation of who the King in RotK is, it was presented as Viggo's return as the human king, where as when I was reading the book, I always felt it was Frodo's return to the shire, where he really can't even function, and doesn't get the respect he deserves. That's the Return in my opinion, and it was sort of glossed over.

Also, UK talks about his favorite scenes being from II and III. I think my favorite scenes would both be from I, when they're hiding under the tree stump and the dark rider is sniffing around just above them. And I also really like the scene where they first run into the Strider in the bar, and he's still a mystery character who may be good or bad and they're not sure.

There's a few treebeard scenes I really love too. I felt like Treebeard in general was handled about as perfectly as he could've.

Agreed, there were so many beautiful scenes in all three that transcended the atmosphere perfectly. One of my favorite scenes from LOTR is the horse race in the 1st film and the master witch riding his giant dragon in ROTK (when they were preparing for the final battle).

I honestly haven't seen them in probably 5 years, so I forgot all the character names. And I totally agree, the real "return" was Frodo coming back to the Shire rather then Viggo's character.

I guess the reason Mr. Jackson decided to do it that way is because Viggo seemed like the real hero; despite Frodo's giant burden and heroism. I mean Viggo was the reason the quest was a success, am I right? Ignore the symbolism for a second.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #7485
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Iron Man 2

Not as good as the first but still very entertaining. Soome very well done fight/flight sequences and pretty good performances all around. The movie died off a bit in the middle but the part where Tony created the new element and what not was still alright.

6.5/10
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: