Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #7501
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
28 Days Later isn't that good. Shaun of the Dead is better.

You're on coke.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #7502
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
you got a point about the 3rd act in sunshine, but i didn't really notice a huge difference between the acts/separate pieces in 28 days later. i didn't get the rambo impression from his character; i really got the idea of a dude who fully woke up from his coma or and got in touch with his inner 'rage' to keep himself and his friends alive.

I can understand that view point, but I don't really buy it. I bought the movie for like 4 bucks on a blind buy and I try to pull it out everyone once and a while to see if my feelings change and they don't.

It's barely a zombie film anyway. I'd rather watch Shaun or the Dawn of the Dead remake though.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 05-13-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 AM   #7503
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
You're on coke.

Care to explain with any sort of depth?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #7504
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with Hotlanta, 28 days is overrated. I enjoyed it until the third act, and then was disappointed. It was underwhelming.

The opening 15 minutes of 28 weeks was the only part of the sequel worth watching in my opinion.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:07 AM   #7505
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
If I start a movie, I finish one... Just figured I'd say that.

I probably stop about 2 movies a year, and they are always movies I was very iffy about in the first place. It usually is late at night where I have about 20 minutes before I plan on getting in bed and I'll start a movie I am iffy about. I'll watch 20 minutes then go to bed. I usually plan on continuing the movie, but sometimes I just find myself going days of telling myself "I don't feel like finishing that movie right now, maybe later." After about a week, I say f*ck it, I just don't care anymore. As I said, this only happens about twice a year. Usually I decide to finish the movie.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #7506
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

The Mechanic 7.5/10.

I loved it, was the best action movie I've seen in a while.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #7507
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
It's barely a zombie film anyway. I'd rather watch Shaun or the Dawn of the Dead remake though.

part of the film's charm is that it's not just a straight forward zombie film. It focuses much more on the development of relationship between the core characters. In that aspect it's a lot more nuanced than the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Your critique of the lack of zombie action is probably due to the movie's really small budget. But i thought the scenes in the countryside where the serene and lush landscape was juxtaposed with the zombie infested urban landscape elevates the feeling of dread and isolation.

The movie is more classical horror in that it focuses on atmosphere rather than gore.

Shaun of the dead is funnier tho
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #7508
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
part of the film's charm is that it's not just a straight forward zombie film. It focuses much more on the development of relationship between the core characters. In that aspect it's a lot more nuanced than the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Your critique of the lack of zombie action is probably due to the movie's really small budget. But i thought the scenes in the countryside where the serene and lush landscape was juxtaposed with the zombie infested urban landscape elevates the feeling of dread and isolation.

The movie is more classical horror in that it focuses on atmosphere rather than gore.

Shaun of the dead is funnier tho

I tend to agree with this. Although Hotlanta's points are valid. I think the real value in 28 Days is that it's way more visually interesting than most Zombie flicks. The empty London at the start, particularly the bridge, was some of the eeriest stuff I can think of in recent memory. And the tunnell sequence was handled very interestingly. Boyle's harsh lighting, and really wide overarching shots are all over that movie, and make it different than most horror movies.

However it's fully understandable if you think it was thin in the action department. And I've also got all types of issues with the military compound stuff, even though I get it from the social critique perspective, it just doesn't fit the rest of the feel of the movie.

There is an alternate ending where he dies.

I'm not opposed to either of the other suggestions either. The Dawn of the Dead remake was good. And Shaun is a great movie, even though it's a completely different tone.

I watched The Crazies the other night and really liked some of it, and other times I just wished it would get on with it already.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #7509
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im watching shes out of my league...again
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #7510
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
im watching shes out of my league...again

F*ck you....businessman.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #7511
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
F*ck you....businessman.

im not wearing any underwear
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #7512
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
just watched The Crazies in under 20 minutes ffwded the boring/predictable parts

5.5/10 - another zombie flick, yawnzors doesnt even take place in a big city, but at least the zombies were braindead human meat fiends

skip it unless u love zombie movies

seriously why give a rating when you dont watch the film.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #7513
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
seriously why give a rating when you dont watch the film.

Just watched the trailer for Norbitt. 1/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #7514
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Just watched the trailer for Norbitt. 1/10

thats fair enough
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #7515
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kill The Irishman

It was good, i enjoyed it. True story as well. I rate this movie: Good
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: