Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #7501
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,735
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Transformers 3.

1/10

This movie absolutely made 0 sense. It's just a bunch of cars blowing up and the same old bullsh*t. Shia fights with his super model girlfriend just so they can embrace at the end. This is a terrible movie. One that made me angry. Angry because even though I expected a bad movie, I expected a bad movie that made sense.

There are like 10 plot holes I thought of on the way home. Michael Bay must do massive amounts of coke before he edits these piece of sh*t movies. I would love to kick Bay in the balls if I ever had the chance. It really pisses me off that he gets money to make films. It's a disgrace.


This is michael bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSUuj98Rx0

I havent seen it but I have heard special effects in the movie are sick. Good enough to sit through the rest of the bs.

are they that good? I almost went to see it in IMAX at Lincoln Square but the tickets were sold out yesterday.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #7502
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,245
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I havent seen it but I have heard special effects in the movie are sick. Good enough to sit through the rest of the bs.

That's all this movie is. Special effects. There is no story. This movie doesn't even need the girl in it. It doesn't need his parents. It doesn't need Tyrese. It doesn't need the white soldier that is friends with Tyrese. There are characters and scenes that bring nothing to the story(if there is one). They are just there.

I guess if you want to watch a fire works show for two and half hours, this is the movie to see. There were two parts in this movie that woke me up, then it went back into being boring and confusing.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #7503
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,735
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
That's all this movie is. Special effects. There is no story. This movie doesn't even need the girl in it. It doesn't need his parents. It doesn't need Tyrese. It doesn't need the white soldier that is friends with Tyrese. There are characters and scenes that bring nothing to the story(if there is one). They are just there.

I guess if you want to watch a fire works show for two and half hours, this is the movie to see. There were two parts in this movie that woke me up, then it went back into being boring and confusing.

damn. I'm so conflicted because I wouldn't mind a good fireworks show. But I think I'm gonna hold out for Rise of the Apes and Captain America. I told myself I'm gonna catch a movie or two on IMAX because I have never done it before. I thought transformers would have been a good first choice but I guess not.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #7504
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,861
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Transformers 3.

1/10

This movie absolutely made 0 sense. It's just a bunch of cars blowing up and the same old bullsh*t. Shia fights with his super model girlfriend just so they can embrace at the end. This is a terrible movie. One that made me angry. Angry because even though I expected a bad movie, I expected a bad movie that made sense.

There are like 10 plot holes I thought of on the way home. Michael Bay must do massive amounts of coke before he edits these piece of sh*t movies. I would love to kick Bay in the balls if I ever had the chance. It really pisses me off that he gets money to make films. It's a disgrace.


This is michael bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSUuj98Rx0




i knew it would be utter garbage, theres no film anyway, just horribly bad cgi and pouting.

this is mark kermodes preview to his review(rant) on transformers 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4GjSydejo
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #7505
ROCSteady
Top 10, AT LEAST
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,882
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Not gunna lie, the effects and best 3D since Avatar made scenes of TF3 pretty enjoyable. There was some awesome footage of the space race too. As a story, it suffered much of the same problems as TF2 which is one of the most frustrating movies of all time to watch. The acting is always plastic and the writing is a mess but its not quite as awkward as the predecessor. Ending sucked but being stoned, I enjoyed portions of the action very much.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #7506
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,808
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
damn. I'm so conflicted because I wouldn't mind a good fireworks show. But I think I'm gonna hold out for Rise of the Apes and Captain America. I told myself I'm gonna catch a movie or two on IMAX because I have never done it before. I thought transformers would have been a good first choice but I guess not.

Dark Knight Rises is the only IMAX worthy movie I see in production right now. The rest of the movies coming out are lucky enough for me to pay $5 to go see when prices are cheaper on Tuesdays in my location.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #7507
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,685
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
That's all this movie is. Special effects. There is no story. This movie doesn't even need the girl in it. It doesn't need his parents. It doesn't need Tyrese. It doesn't need the white soldier that is friends with Tyrese. There are characters and scenes that bring nothing to the story(if there is one). They are just there.

I guess if you want to watch a fire works show for two and half hours, this is the movie to see. There were two parts in this movie that woke me up, then it went back into being boring and confusing.


how is there no story? are you braindead?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #7508
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,808
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
how is there no story? are you braindead?

Quote:
The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and to learn its secrets

Sounds like a genius plot
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #7509
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 13,685
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Sounds like a genius plot

I dunno where you found that but it's not a good plot summary lol.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #7510
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age
 
Raj Da Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 3,009
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

wth is wrong with yall on transformers honestly??? I mean come on of course it doesn't have a legit story/plot but its an AMAZING special effect, action movie. I mean I'm being biased cuz its one of my fav movies and I loved the 2nd one, I've seen it so many times its too good. Yes I agree it doesn't have a story but its still very entertaining to watch. I will say tho that Megan Fox is a lil bish and ass hole cuz she doesn't realize Michael Bay is the one that made her famous, not herself. And she's giving all these attitudes and shit, she deserved to be kicked out, but if she woulda kept her mouth shut, the 3rd would not only be as good as the 2nd one but prolly better if she was in it but nope I have to be a drama queen cuz I'm the hottest and most beautiful girl in the world. Anyways, jus stating my opinion. Yall can have yours for not liking it, but I love this movie. Haven't seen the 3rd one yet but I jus know its gonna be awesome.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #7511
ROCSteady
Top 10, AT LEAST
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,882
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The second TF movie was one of the worst theater experiences I can remember having. It was an awkward thing to watch with some of the worst attempts of humor and pacing/editing I have ever witnessed. Felt 4 hours long. I couldn't wait to get outta there. Sry for insulting Raj, you'll love the 3rd. See it in 3d, this time the diff is really worth it
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #7512
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age
 
Raj Da Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 3,009
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
The second TF movie was one of the worst theater experiences I can remember having. It was an awkward thing to watch with some of the worst attempts of humor and pacing/editing I have ever witnessed. Felt 4 hours long. I couldn't wait to get outta there. Sry for insulting Raj, you'll love the 3rd. See it in 3d, this time the diff is really worth it
is the part u telling me about me loving the 3rd one u bein sarcastic or serious???
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #7513
ROCSteady
Top 10, AT LEAST
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,882
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
is the part u telling me about me loving the 3rd one u bein sarcastic or serious???

Nah Im serious. I was thoroughly entertained from a visual standpoint. There's a certain aerial stunt that will blow your mind...it was VERY impressive. I enjoyed the scope of the film, the stakes are def higher. Still has poor dialogue, acting and the humor fell short and was still low brow in the beginning half. Didn't piss me off like 2 did though
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #7514
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age
 
Raj Da Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 3,009
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Nah Im serious. I was thoroughly entertained from a visual standpoint. There's a certain aerial stunt that will blow your mind...it was VERY impressive. I enjoyed the scope of the film, the stakes are def higher. Still has poor dialogue, acting and the humor fell short and was still low brow in the beginning half. Didn't piss me off like 2 did though
oh ok. aite I got u.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #7515
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,808
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I dunno where you found that but it's not a good plot summary lol.

IMDB.

I was moderately entertained by the first Transformers until the last 30-45 minutes. The nostalgia wore off and I just started waiting for it to end. I'm not sure if I'll ever see the sequels.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy