Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #7516
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Adjustment Bureau: 6.5/10

Didn't really like it. It was really slow to develop and the ending was a disappointment. Not terrible though, watch it if you're bored.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #7517
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Goddamn Deadliest Catch is still one of the most dramatic shows on television. It never gets old. It really never does.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #7518
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Transformers 3 4/5
Definitely the best one yet, IMO I actually thought the Acting was great and Shia did a fantastic job. Bay did a great job directing. The action is probably the best action experience you'll ever see. The Plot and story were fascinating and very strong. Definitely and improvement over the last one. The movie was much more darker than the previous ones which it made it better. There's times when you can actually feel there emotions when the characters struggle.

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 06-30-2011 at 07:21 PM.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #7519
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Transformers 3.

1/10

This movie absolutely made 0 sense. It's just a bunch of cars blowing up and the same old bullsh*t. Shia fights with his super model girlfriend just so they can embrace at the end. This is a terrible movie. One that made me angry. Angry because even though I expected a bad movie, I expected a bad movie that made sense.

There are like 10 plot holes I thought of on the way home. Michael Bay must do massive amounts of coke before he edits these piece of sh*t movies. I would love to kick Bay in the balls if I ever had the chance. It really pisses me off that he gets money to make films. It's a disgrace.

This is michael bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSUuj98Rx0
I know this is your opinion and all but what a joke Maybe you could not understand the plot, cause there definitely was a good one. Easily made sense

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 06-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #7520
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
damn. I'm so conflicted because I wouldn't mind a good fireworks show. But I think I'm gonna hold out for Rise of the Apes and Captain America. I told myself I'm gonna catch a movie or two on IMAX because I have never done it before. I thought transformers would have been a good first choice but I guess not.
There easily is a story maybe Rose could not spot it or comprehend. It will be ridiculous to not see that movie over that ridiculous review Seriously 1/10 The movie is not bad at all.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #7521
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
There easily is a story maybe Rose could not spot it or comprehend. It will be ridiculous to not see that movie over that ridiculous review Seriously 1/10 The movie is not bad at all.

My guess is that if you didn't have a problem with the first one being style over substance, than people wouldn't have a problem with the new ones. It sounds strange to say you won't see this one because of its "story" yet had no problem with the first. Here is what the REAL story of part 1, 2, and 3: "Giant robots that you had previously known about can turn into vehicles and go boom boom crash smash bang." If the visuals are enjoyable enough for you to ignore how straight forward the plot is, you will like them whether or not the "reviews" are good.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #7522
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
My guess is that if you didn't have a problem with the first one being style over substance, than people wouldn't have a problem with the new ones. It sounds strange to say you won't see this one because of its "story" yet had no problem with the first. Here is what the REAL story of part 1, 2, and 3: "Giant robots that you had previously known about can turn into vehicles and go boom boom crash smash bang." If the visuals are enjoyable enough for you to ignore how straight forward the plot is, you will like them whether or not the "reviews" are good.
What are you saying, that there is no story to it? Maybe but the 3rd one I seemed to catch it. What was the whole 1st hour trying to explain? A lot of movies are not perfect but millions of people seem to enjoy this one. Lets not act like nobody expected some action. If you wanted a true story go ahead and watch Titanic or something
Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #7523
Maniak

Watched Grown Ups.

I thought I had watched this already and hated it, but I must have gotten it confused with another movie.

It was overall very funny, and pretty clean, considering the cast.

It may have been the midnight effect where everything is a tad bit funnier, but I don't know, there was some quality stuff.

I give it a 83%. I'd probably watch it again some time, but not like I'd watch Step Brothers or The Other Guys again.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #7524
scott0326
National High School Star

Rubber - 1/10

Stupidest movie ever, after reading the plot I for some reason still watched it. What the hell kind of stupid ass movie was that. The ending was amazing though, I cant believe the tire got reincarnated into a tricycle.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #7525
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
What are you saying, that there is no story to it? Maybe but the 3rd one I seemed to catch it. What was the whole 1st hour trying to explain? A lot of movies are not perfect but millions of people seem to enjoy this one. Lets not act like nobody expected some action. If you wanted a true story go ahead and watch Titanic or something

My point was that the movie does what it is trying to do, which is entertain visually but not necessarily stimulate deep thought. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. I'm saying go into the movie expecting mindless entertainment and it is dumb to expect anything more than that.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #7526
Stuckey
ifirtworld

thanks to the guy who made a thread about this movie, it was definitely worth it

i was very hesitant about this movie, thought it was going to be a bunch of lawyer shi, but it's not, it was fvcking intense, basically Crowe's wife gets imprisoned and he tries to get her out, by any means possible

directed and screenplay by Paul Haggis, i didnt even notice that till the credits

anyways, i'd give it a solid 10, it really kept me engaged
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #7527
d.bball.guy
Kobe for President

Transformers 3 ---- 7.5-10

Best among the 3 and the chick beside me is super hot. 10/10 on my seat choice.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #7528
tian820
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
are you sure you didn't watch a different movie?

Agreed, that movie blew.

I watched HBO's Bobby Fischer and Magic/Bird Documentaries recently. Awesome stuff in there. I only wish they were even longer and they're a solid 90 minutes each. Out of the three guys featured, I really had a good background on Magic. The stuff on Bird and Fischer was awesome to see. Their video footage and old school pictures is pretty fantastic to see
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #7529
Doranku
Very good NBA starter

Transformers 3 - 6.5/10

Rating would probably be higher if it wasn't so f*cking long. At one point I was just like, "okay, is this shit over yet?"

But it was a cool movie to see in 3D with all the special effects and what not. Not sure if it was worth the $13, but I only paid like $5 of it so it was worth it to me.

Not worth seeing in theaters unless you see it in 3D, imo. I'd have been pissed if I sat through two and a half hours of the regular movie.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #7530
irondarts

Black Swan - 9/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: