Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #7546
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
you think you're zen now? wordsssss
Yeah...

um..

Homie better recognize.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #7547
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Bout to start my summer movie marathon nex week!!! Cant wait to start watchin movies again!

dont forget to post those reviews.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #7548
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Can someone give me some quick ratings on

Trick r Treat
The Orphanage
Daybreakers

trick r treat- as pete said, one of the best horrors of the last 10 years and a complete breath of fresh air, total throw back to the 80's and not in an insulting way. this film has alot of charm, in a time when its all 'strap you to the chair and torture you for 2 hours' this has completely the opposite vibe.
8.5/10

the orphangae- another of the best horrors of the last 10 years, this is creepy gothic haunted house stuff and very good.
8/10

daybreakers- havent seen looks shite and generic, should have got 40 days of night instead if you were looking for a vampire film
Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #7549
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Lincoln lawyer: 66.5%

Hmm, not bad. No expectations for this one because ole matty boy hasn't had a serious role since goddamn....Contact or some shit in 1996, but hey, like I said, not bad. Keeps your interest, and *spoilers* had no idea it was the mother at the end that killed his friend
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #7550
Disaprine
I'm with whateva

Disaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Finally watched this. So ****ed up and hilarious at point. Overall it was very well done and Bale was great. Im still trying to sort out exactly what the **** happened with that giant killing spree. I lost it at the scene with the kitten tho lol.

8/10
i never did get those parts , i have to see this movie again.
Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #7551
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4/10

Movie has nothing to do with the black plague at all. Instead, it's a movie on the evils of Christianity.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #7552
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vertigo - 10/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #7553
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

The Last Emperor - 85/100

crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #7554
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

you all need to get on this sorrentino guy, i posted about the first film of his that i saw "the consequences of love" this was possibly even better. such visula style, i mean staggeringly stylish. beautiful film making. im not sure who to even compare him to in the u.s. this guy has more flare than a young tarrentino! and this isnt non commercial film making either. his first english language film is opening at cannes right now. i guarantee you he blows up immediately and everyone is watching his films and loving them, i warned you first...as always.
9/10
Old 05-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #7555
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Someone please tell me that One Day looks somewhat interesting... or that I should just turn in my man card right now.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #7556
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Someone please tell me that One Day looks somewhat interesting... or that I should just turn in my man card right now.
Not to me. I've just watched the trailer and I didn't find it too appealing. If you watch it and it happens to be good please let us know.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #7557
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Btw ukplayer4, I've just read a review on The Tree of Life by the best spanish film critic and he said things like "one of the best films I've ever seen" or "mesmerizing poetry in motion of incredible depth". Looking good, I trust that guys taste.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #7558
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BLUE VALENTINE: 88/100

One of the most depressing films I have ever seen. When I told ppl this, I suppose they expected something sudden and tragic to happen but it just really was a very visceral look at fading love. Divorce is a cancerous epidemic and the notion that nothing really ever seems to REALLY last (love, in this instance, supposedly the answer to all life's problems) just really tore me up. The conversations between Gosling and Williams became uncomfortably REAL once it was clear she had fallen out of love with the complacent character of Dean.

I think those who take sides in a film like this is missing the nuanced complexity that unfolds when life will once again imitate this work of art. It's impossible to blame Cindy solely for the disconnnection and deteriorating bond of husband and wife. The music is great (specifically 'You and Me' by Penny and the Quarters) , acting hits home runs, specifically from Gosling. Appreciated the visual choices such as in the 'Future' room and throughout the flashbacks. This movie does a great job of portraying individual human fallacies in regards to building a life together SO WELL, that it made me uneasy. Doubt I would choose to view this more than one more time but it's a hell of an accomplishment as an earnest statement of lost affection

Last edited by ROCSteady : 05-17-2011 at 12:50 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #7559
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Btw ukplayer4, I've just read a review on The Tree of Life by the best spanish film critic and he said things like "one of the best films I've ever seen" or "mesmerizing poetry in motion of incredible depth". Looking good, I trust that guys taste.
Really? I heard it didn't do that well at Cannes...
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #7560
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tons of great interviews (especially Robert Irwin) and a great display of the growth of modern art in LA during the 50s/60s. It kind of epitomized the rebellious and chaotic image that I see when I think about California in American culture. I also liked how everything was shot in black and white (for the most part) except for the art.

8/10
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: