Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #7561
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

APOCALYPSE NOW: 93/100

I received the Blu Rays for my birthday (theatrical and Re-dux). Decided to watch the theatrical cut and sheesh, did this look AMAZING on blu-ray. I never got thru the entire movie either by interruption or otherwise but glad I got the chance in this glorious format. Probably my favorite war commentary. Martin Sheen was magnetic right from the jump, his narration was instense. The scene explaining Willard's mission was awesome, such a unique plot for a 'Nam flick. This flick is just so much more ambitious than other war flicks IMO. It has some haunting imagery, specifically when they reach the final American outpost and then in Cambodia at Kurtz' fortress. Some really great cameos by a 14 year old 'Larry' Fishburne and Dennis Hopper. Brando did a great job with what he had written for him, even though I heard all was not kosher on that front while filming. Robert Duvall as Colonel Kilgore gave my fav performance as the desensitized leader who attacked areas merely for surfing spots and entertainment. This film embodies so much and reveals a wide perspective on the horrors of war. Def lived up to the reputation

Last edited by ROCSteady : 05-17-2011 at 12:48 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #7562
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Really? I heard it didn't do that well at Cannes...

Ebert's review didn't mention that at all.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 AM   #7563
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Btw ukplayer4, I've just read a review on The Tree of Life by the best spanish film critic and he said things like "one of the best films I've ever seen" or "mesmerizing poetry in motion of incredible depth". Looking good, I trust that guys taste.

thats good to hear man.

btw i know youll love the sorrentino stuff to, not a tough watch like tarr, give them a shot, thank me later
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #7564
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Greenberg - 8/10

Last edited by ZeN : 05-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #7565
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

Martin Sheen was magnetic right from the jump, his narration was instense.

he nailed this role. incredible.

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #7566
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In The Loop - 9/10

Last edited by ZeN : 05-17-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #7567
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

I received the Blu Rays for my birthday (theatrical and Re-dux). Decided to watch the theatrical cut and sheesh, did this look AMAZING on blu-ray. I never got thru the entire movie either by interruption or otherwise but glad I got the chance in this glorious format. Probably my favorite war commentary. Martin Sheen was magnetic right from the jump, his narration was instense. The scene explaining Willard's mission was awesome, such a unique plot for a 'Nam flick. This flick is just so much more ambitious than other war flicks IMO. It has some haunting imagery, specifically when they reach the final American outpost and then in Cambodia at Kurtz' fortress. Some really great cameos by a 14 year old 'Larry' Fishburne and Dennis Hopper. Brando did a great job with what he had written for him, even though I heard all was not kosher on that front while filming. Robert Duvall as Colonel Kilgore gave my fav performance as the desensitized leader who attacked areas merely for surfing spots and entertainment. This film embodies so much and reveals a wide perspective on the horrors of war. Def lived up to the reputation

"Never get out of the boat."

Top 5 film imo. You should watch the making-of doc, forget the name of it. There was a civil war going on in Thailand where they filmed, Brando shows up 50lbs overweight, and Martin Sheen had a heart attack in the middle of filming.

edit: It's called "Hearts Of Darkness".
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #7568
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Really? I heard it didn't do that well at Cannes...
It's just one critic's review, take it for what it's worth. I don't usually pay mind to film critics, but if I were to start doing so it'd probably be this one guy I'd follow.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #7569
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

28 days later. 8/10.

Ive seen 28 weeks later a few years back but i have never seen the 1st film until yesterday. I must say, the first film is better than the second. I didnt like the ending much though.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #7570
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
It's just one critic's review, take it for what it's worth. I don't usually pay mind to film critics, but if I were to start doing so it'd probably be this one guy I'd follow.
On rottentomatoes.com its been getting great reviews..
Old 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #7571
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints - 6/10

Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #7572
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I'm the only ISHer who gave an unfavorable review of Greenberg. I hated that movie.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #7573
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I think I'm the only ISHer who gave an unfavorable review of Greenberg. I hated that movie.

It was great.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 AM   #7574
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Limitless

I was not expecting much from this movie and wasn't even interested because I wasn't a fan of the star actor (Bradley Cooper from The Hangover) for some reason. Not sure why but I just found him annoying in The Hangover. But i was surprised by this film as I enjoyed it much. It's not a classic but it does keep you interested throughout its duration. Basically a semi-action/thriller.

Anyone that decides to watch this on the basis of Deniro being in it, find another reason. His presence isn't that great in this film and almost anyone could have played his role.

Anyway, I thought the concept behind the movie was pretty cool but considering what this drug does you'd think he would have more people after him, but they do sorta explained why that isn't the case so i'm not too let down by the tiny hole in the plot. I could easily see there being a sequel to this but i can't imagine it being good unless they go with an entirely new cast and simply explain it as the drug having leaked somewhere else.

I am now a fan of Mr. Cooper and look forward to The Hangover 2, though I can already see it being as overrated as the first one. That movie really isn't as classic as its often raved about, but that's another topic I guess.

I rate this movie: Okay (2/4)
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #7575
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Glengarry Glen Ross - 9.5/10

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: