Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #7681
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Crazies - 7/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #7682
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

funny games is basically haneke lecturing us on how annoyed he is that we are watching the film right?

he is one of the true masters so i will reserve judgement.

people watching bronson really would be better served watching valhalla rising as it was the film the director really wanted to make but had to first do the studios a favor to get in funded in bronson.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #7683
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
funny games is basically haneke lecturing us on how annoyed he is that we are watching the film right?

he is one of the true masters so i will reserve judgement.

people watching bronson really would be better served watching valhalla rising as it was the film the director really wanted to make but had to first do the studios a favor to get in funded in bronson.

Watched Bronson last night before I can see this, but I'll put Valhalla Rising on my list of things to watch and get to it by the end of the week. Thanks for the suggestion.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #7684
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

tv show Invasion - 9/10
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #7685
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Watched Bronson last night before I can see this, but I'll put Valhalla Rising on my list of things to watch and get to it by the end of the week. Thanks for the suggestion.

how was bronson?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #7686
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

very intense clip of "drive" starring ryan gosling who won best actor at cannes for this

http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/me...yer/10934.html
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #7687
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

Bridesmaid

7/10

Solid movie. Kind of slow at times but had a few knee slappers.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #7688
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
very intense clip of "drive" starring ryan gosling who won best actor at cannes for this

http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/me...yer/10934.html

posted this in my cannes thread- nobody took any notice, but it looks awesome, dont you think?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #7689
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
posted this in my cannes thread- nobody took any notice, but it looks awesome, dont you think?

where's your cannes thread? don't think i saw it. damn the no search function lol
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #7690
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Pirates of the Caribbean On stranger tides:

8/10
Good movie, thought they were going to milk it make it dumb, but I was entertained.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #7691
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thor - B

Decent enough of an action film but it was a tad predictable. I never read Thor when I was younger but I was surprised at how quickly I figured out whose motivations were what. Chris Hemsworth who plays Thor is pretty funny in the beginning with how over the top arrogant he plays it. Natalie Portman is absolutely all over the dude form the second she sees him and is constantly looking like she is ready to drag him off to a motel for a quickie. Anthony Hopkins is ok but he really doesn't have much to do. The same goes for Rene Russo, Kat Dennings and other cast members. For it being a two hour movie, I felt like there should have been some more character development. This was especially true of Tom Hiddleston as Loki. There was too much time with Portman drooling over Thor compared to Hiddleston and his character.

Its a decent superhero origin movie though its not going to be the best flick you have ever seen. Director Kenneth Branagh may have just not taken it all that seriously which led to some hokey moments but nothing that ruins the film. On the whole its a solid Saturday matinee film and it only makes me even more interested to see the eventual Avengers film.

Last edited by kentatm : 05-23-2011 at 06:32 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #7692
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
where's your cannes thread? don't think i saw it. damn the no search function lol
I don't remember it either.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #7693
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah i dont remember seeing a cannes thread, i wouldve definitely posted in it
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #7694
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
how was bronson?

I enjoyed it, but the events would get kind of repetitive and boring after a while. I guess when one man is known for just wreaking havoc in jail you shouldn't expect anything more than prison fight after prison fight, but I don't think it really gave anything of substance as to why he enjoyed it so much. Had they gone in depth more with that I probably would have enjoyed it more. I'd probably give it a 6-6.5/10.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #7695
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

10/10 no doubt.Fun movie to watch and phoebe cates is also in the movie very good to look at.

That shit is my childhood.....I love that movie.

The Birds - 8.5/10

Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: