Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2009, 03:53 AM   #766
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The fact that Clint is still intimidating as hell at like 80 years old is nothing short of amazing.

I think people are giving him a pass because he is Clint Eastwood. This movie has OBVIOUS bad acting and just looks stupid overall. Doing an 80 year old Dirty Harry? What's the point?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 AM   #767
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I think people are giving him a pass because he is Clint Eastwood. This movie has OBVIOUS bad acting and just looks stupid overall. Doing an 80 year old Dirty Harry? What's the point?
Bad acting from everyone not named Clint, absolutely. Those Hmong kids were brutal. Definitely hurt the film IMO, but I still really enjoyed it nevertheless. Remember, and I know you struggle with this, just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean no one else did.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #768
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

So you didn't actually watch? It just "looks" bad so it must be, right?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #769
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
So you didn't actually watch? It just "looks" bad so it must be, right?

Dude, it's an obvious movie. It's just another movie where Clint does his Dirty Harry routine. Is there a big element of surprise that I'm missing? I seriously doubt it.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #770
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Bad acting from everyone not named Clint, absolutely. Those Hmong kids were brutal. Definitely hurt the film IMO, but I still really enjoyed it nevertheless. Remember, and I know you struggle with this, just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean no one else did.

Well you want to know why it didn't get more attention... Probably cause it don't deserve it.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-25-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 AM   #771
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well you want to know why it didn't get more attention... Probably cause it don't deserve it.
Again, the typical "hotlantadude passing his opinion off as fact" again. You're so damn predictable.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #772
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dude, it's an obvious movie. It's just another movie where Clint does his Dirty Harry routine. Is there a big element of surprise that I'm missing? I seriously doubt it.

You did the same thing with The Wrestler. You attempting to predict the film before watching it. I can't imagine how film is any fun for you when your first inclination is always to predict how poorly made a film is and not just watch the movie and then decide how you feel about it. Why do you insist on judging a movie before the opening credits roll?

...and, entrusting the Academy to lead you in the direction of the best films of the year is a bad idea. Every year, GREAT films are totally dismissed by these award shows. It isn't because they 'don't deserve' praise. It is often about politics in Hollywood and the pull that major studios have on the decision making of the voters.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #773
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

You did the same thing with The Wrestler. You attempting to predict the film before watching it. I can't imagine how film is any fun for you when your first inclination is always to predict how poorly made a film is and not just watch the movie and then decide how you feel about it. Why do you insist on judging a movie before the opening credits roll?

...and, entrusting the Academy to lead you in the direction of the best films of the year is a bad idea. Every year, GREAT films are totally dismissed by these award shows. It isn't because they 'don't deserve' praise. It is often about politics in Hollywood and the pull that major studios have on the decision making of the voters.

Because when I read abit I get an idea of what movies I want to bother watching and which ones I don't. When I read the plot and all, I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 AM   #774
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Treasure of the Sierra Madre: 92%

One of my favorites but haven't seen it for years. Absolute gem.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #775
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

The Crossing Guard.

The 2nd movie directed by Sean Penn is a messy movie with an uneven performance by Jack Nicholson. It's a tale of loss, guilt, and revenge as Freddy Gale (Nicholson) has been counting down the days until John Booth (David Morse) is released from prison after 5 years for running over Freddy's kid.

Most of the movie follows Freddy as he continues to fall apart. Penn does a great job of not allowing you to root for the people that you're supposed to root for. But the movie falls flat in some emotional scenes that Jack wasn't able to really handle at this point in his career. It's also pretentious and it has alot of those pointless slow mo type of scenes that I thought were really stupid.

On top of that, it goes plain out silly when it attempts to set up the finale. There is a good movie in here somewhere, but it's just not as well made as it should be. Also, it's hard to dislike hot nude chicks, but it wasn't necessary for this movie at all.

5/10

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-25-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #776
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
8.5? lol

Not a movie but I just watched Rome, the HBO series, and was very impressed. The set design was incredible, I'm sure the budget per episode was through the roof. Extremely violent with great characters and bits of humor mixed in with the drama that we all know but still want to watch happen. I have a few complaints, mostly about a few casting decisions but nothing that threatened to ruin the series. I'd give it a 89.

The first season had over a 100 million dollar budget for just 12 episodes.

Awesome series, too bad its only 2 seasons
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #777
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Is that movie as good as Ernest Goes to Jail? I've been waiting for another "Goes to Jail" movie for 20 years.
never seen it
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #778
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

sex drive.... super funny... 6.7/10
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #779
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool

Taken

1/10

Cliche and the lead actor looks uncomfortable in this kinda role.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #780
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Wait, you've been talking smack about the film and commenting on the acting and you haven't even seen it?

Get the fuck out of here. Your opinion on films are officially invalid on this forum because apparently you don't even, you know, see them before you comment on them.

Hilarious. I mean, if the film doesn't look like your cup of tea, by all means, don't watch it, but don't sit there and pass judgment on it, dumbass.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: