Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #781
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Kind of like you with the Dark Knight?

YEAH
, I WENT THERE!
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #782
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Kind of like you with the Dark Knight?

YEAH
, I WENT THERE!
I suspect you know the difference between not wanting to see a film for any variety of reasons and actually criticizing things like the acting without actually seeing it, but if not...well. The situations aren't comparable.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #783
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just kidding, sheesh!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #784
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Harsh Times with Christian Bale:
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #785
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Ranting nonsense deleted.

It makes no sense to analyze a movie you haven't seen.

If you've only seen the commercials, say that the commericals look bad, or something.

Last edited by insidehoops : 02-25-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #786
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Woah
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #787
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I don't give a rat@ss what you think of my opinion redneck. Haven't you figured that out yet? Or are you that dense? Go find another pig to f*ck you no count pig f*cker. Go listen to Alan Jackson sing about how his sister divorced him last week.

The movie is labeled as Psychological Drama and you admitted that it has bad acting. The movie obviously sucks. Clint doing an 80 year old Dirty Harry doesn't count as good acting because it wasn't good acting the first time. You sucking up Clint's Dirty Harry image doesn't make the movie good.

The acting is bad and the trailer is god awful. It smells like a pile of shyt. If that opinion isn't satisfactory for you, you can suck my d!ck for all I care.

Take it easy Christian Bale.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #788
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

Woah

You sure do have a way with words, Hotlanta. Truth be told, I went into Gran Torino expecting to not like it for many of the reasons you listed. The trailer actually made me laugh it looked so ridiculous.

However, the difference between us is that I actually watched the movie before I made any definitive statements about things like acting, plot, etc.

I can see why you might think that the movie will suck. I thought that it would suck... It didn't... and the bottom line is, your opinion cannot be taken seriously until you actually watch the movie. Then, you can critique it all you like.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #789
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

You sure do have a way with words, Hotlanta. Truth be told, I went into Gran Torino expecting to not like it for many of the reasons you listed. The trailer actually made me laugh it looked so ridiculous.

However, the difference between us is that I actually watched the movie before I made any definitive statements about things like acting, plot, etc.

I can see why you might think that the movie will suck. I thought that it would suck... It didn't... and the bottom line is, your opinion cannot be taken seriously until you actually watch the movie. Then, you can critique it all you like.

Tell me, what do you think is so great about this cheap p!ss pot of a movie?

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-25-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #790
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Tell me, what do you think is so great about this cheap p!ss pot of a movie?
I thought that it had an interesting plot-line. Most people expect old people to be feeble, helpless, and afraid of the outside world. But, one of the most intriguing things about the film was Clint's interaction with his family... Something that you cannot get from a trailer.

It was just an entertaining story with some unique themes and an awesome acting performance out of Eastwood... Asking someone to explain 'why' they liked a movie to someone who hasn't seen it is sort of pointless. There can be no back-and-forth or point/counter-point.

Just keep in mind that I thought the trailer made it look comically bad and I had very low expectations going in... I walked away liking the film. That doesn't mean that you will have the same reaction, but I really don't understand the method behind debating the finer points of a film that you haven't seen.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #791
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I thought that it had an interesting plot-line. Most people expect old people to be feeble, helpless, and afraid of the outside world. But, one of the most intriguing things about the film was Clint's interaction with his family... Something that you cannot get from a trailer.

It was just an entertaining story with some unique themes and an awesome acting performance out of Eastwood... Asking someone to explain 'why' they liked a movie to someone who hasn't seen it is sort of pointless. There can be no back-and-forth or point/counter-point.

Just keep in mind that I thought the trailer made it look comically bad and I had very low expectations going in... I walked away liking the film. That doesn't mean that you will have the same reaction, but I really don't understand the method behind debating the finer points of a film that you haven't seen.

I think the good acting part is the most suspect because Clint isn't a good actor. He was a movie star with the exception of Unforgiven and maybe another movie or so. These types of movies need good performances for me to enjoy them. When you start to get a slight bit older it becomes easier to pin point what you will and will not like.

Will I see the movie? Well, I've seen them all with the exception of: Where Eagles Dare, Bird, A Perfect World, Blood Work and Space Cowboys and his two newest ones. I'll probably see it sooner or later. But it seems like a movie that people went in with really low exceptions but have come out overhyping the movie some.

The thing is that Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River were hyped up when they came out, but now are often trashed.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #792
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Seems like you're just being influenced by other people. Watch the movie, form your own opinion. I still love Mystic River, although the second and third viewing of Million Dollar Baby, I didn't like it as much.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #793
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Excellent. He goes after the 3 major religions and the silly, unexplainable things people believe and do for them without ever questioning why. He also gives Scientology a kick to the nuts (which is why I'm guessing it wasn't at least nominated for an Oscar.)

Even if you completely disagree with him I think it is very much worth watching.

8/10

For hardcore Bruce fans only. Man, this had a great premise but the writing and actors are so painfully bad it even brings down the greatness of Bruce. He looks like he just doesn't give a damn and did this for the quick pay check. There are some nice funny parts and it starts off with some promise to be a great cheesy B movie spoof but it just completely falls apart b/c of the sheer stupidity of the script and extremely low production values. Without Bruce this would be worse than Bloody Murder (and since I doubt hardly anyone has seen that, I'll let you know that is a pretty big diss in my book). There is also a pretty offensive Asian caricature in there played by white man Ted Raimi.

3/10

Last edited by kentatm : 02-25-2009 at 08:32 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #794
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ranting nonsense deleted.

It makes no sense to analyze a movie you haven't seen.
I knew you'd see it my way.

Oh, BTW, eat shit and die, you ignorant cocksucker.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #795
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Transformers: uh....I'd say A- (90%). It needs more action though.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: