Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #796
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Seems like you're just being influenced by other people. Watch the movie, form your own opinion. I still love Mystic River, although the second and third viewing of Million Dollar Baby, I didn't like it as much.

I still like Million Dollar Baby. I haven't watched Mystic River in 3 years. My point is that people always have a love fest with Clint's movies at the start and then it often fades over time.

*Recent* Clint movies that is.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #797
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I knew you'd see it my way.

Oh, BTW, eat shit and die, you ignorant cocksucker.

Oh brilliant.

Quote:
It makes no sense to analyze a movie you haven't seen.

If you've only seen the commercials, say that the commericals look bad, or something.

It makes sense to bash and obvious cheaply made movie (I don't think they even had enough cash to hire real actors) with bad acting. It's funny that people say I shouldn't bash it before I see it, yet I picked the cheap bad acting from the trailer.

People just want to hang onto an image of an obviously past his prime old movie star. I'll decide what view I want to have of a movie and for what reason.

When I see this movie and the same things I'm saying ends up popping up and I come back and let you know. Maybe people will get it. No, then you will just claim that I had already made up my mind before seeing it and is unwilling to change his opinions.

Clint's recent movies have been manipulative in a cheap way. I sense that will be at play here also. That's what has been catching people with his movies this decade. Then they see through them. Although Million Dollar Baby isn't really terrible, it's basically a lifetime channel movie with it's exaggerated villain mom and all.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-26-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #798
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, it doesn't make sense to bash a movie you haven't seen. You can say things like, 'it'll probably suck', 'I know I won't like it', 'it looks bad from the previews' and such, but to flat out say a movie which you haven't even seen is bad is stupid and ignorant. If you go around bashing a movie that you haven't seen, then nobody is going to give a sh!t about your opinion on that movie.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-26-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 AM   #799
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I still like Million Dollar Baby.
Man... I didn't like that movie at all. In fact, as a boxing fan, it made me mad. I thought that their portrayal of a sport that I love was wildly unrealistic. The girl that committed multiple fouls in the bout in which the lead was severely injured would have been disqualified in the first round and I don't care if it was the worst referee in the history of boxing.

Also, I felt like the second half of the movie was an attempt to make the viewer weep... It was so obvious that it didn't have any effect on me, emotionally.

I just didn't think it was very good.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:03 AM   #800
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
No, it doesn't make sense to bash a movie you haven't seen. You can say things like, 'it'll probably suck', 'I know I won't like it', 'it looks bad from the previews' and such, but to flat out say a movie which you haven't even seen is bad is stupid and ignorant. If you go around bashing a movie that you haven't seen, then nobody is going to give a sh!t about your opinion on that movie.

Dude, there is so many places you can read about movies and stuff. It's not like I just saw the name of the movie and said that the movie surely sucks. I've seen Clint's movies this decade. I know what his formula is. He has become a cheesy movie maker and his movie making has become lifetime channel caliber. I can see that he tries to reach back into his past abit on this one. But he is what he is overall. A sentimental old man now.

You can choose to not give a shyt about my opinion. That's up to you. No offense to you as I have no problem with you, but I don't know why I'm supposed to care about what other people think.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-26-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #801
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

I'm watching it now. This is just how my dad acts on a daily basis. I see this in real life everyday almost.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #802
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Benjamin Button was quite good
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #803
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Well, I just watched it. I'll say that the acting is bad but can be somewhat overlooked. My dad has a very similar personality to Walt. While I don't think this is a good movie, I understand the message Clint is trying to deliver here. Like Walt, my dad is often unlikeable. Sometimes my dad says and does things that make me sick to my stomach. But he's always worked hard and did his best to give his family the best he could.

This movie like Bronco Billy and some others is a personal movie I feel. It sends it's message, but that's the best I can say for it. I have no doubts this will be the last film he plays in. This is a goodbye to being a movie star like Unforgiven was a goodbye to the western.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-26-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #804
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Benjamin Button was quite good
It wasn't bad but not great.
It's like a mix of Big Fish and Forrest Gump. I felt like I'd already watched it before.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #805
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i watched vanilla sky the other day

i couldnt stop watching the freak man, and cruz is hot and it was really wierd but i quite enjoyed it

currently watching death proof, looks a bit crap one hour in
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 AM   #806
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Big Sleep: 96%.
Run Silent, Run Deep: 83%
The Enemy Below: 76%
Platoon: 1,000%

Watching Key Largo right now. The man crush I have on Humphrey Bogart is starting to get outside of my control.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #807
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
It wasn't bad but not great.
It's like a mix of Big Fish and Forrest Gump. I felt like I'd already watched it before.

I've been meaning to watch this for the longest time. Will it be worth my time?
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #808
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i don't know if you mean "rate the last movie you watched for the first time" or not, so anyway, last movie i watched was new jack city .. 9/10
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #809
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I've been meaning to watch this for the longest time. Will it be worth my time?
I really enjoyed Big Fish and found it much more interesting than Benjamin Button. Big Fish is pretty underrated.

I watched Doubt last night. Streep and Hoffman turn in excellent acting performances, as always. The story was a little dry, but it is worth watching.

7/10
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #810
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 87%

Good performances, great visual effects with glorious cinematography.A must see masterpiece.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: