Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #811
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

we got "Choke" on netflix, i had high hopes and was upset to have missed it in the theater, i really like Sam Rockwell and Chuck Palanuk (sp?) and and had lofty expectations that were not met. the story was good, if someone told me the plot synopsis of the whole thing i'd be compelled to see it, but something in the writing or the acting left me a little cold. the sex stuff was hot and there was definitely some strong scenes/ideas but as a whole i'm not surprised why this was a festival success only.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #812
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAIDN
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: 87%

Good performances, great visual effects with glorious cinematography.A must see masterpiece.

preech it. this is the truth. how in gods name did slumdog win cinematography over button, its proof the academy votes having not seen all the films.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #813
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
we got "Choke" on netflix, i had high hopes and was upset to have missed it in the theater, i really like Sam Rockwell and Chuck Palanuk (sp?) and and had lofty expectations that were not met. the story was good, if someone told me the plot synopsis of the whole thing i'd be compelled to see it, but something in the writing or the acting left me a little cold. the sex stuff was hot and there was definitely some strong scenes/ideas but as a whole i'm not surprised why this was a festival success only.
I found the hour and a half runtime to be a huge detriment. Whenever you adapt a book, at least in my opinion, you're better off fleshing it out with a longer movie than leaving too much out and having it feel incomplete. I didn't actually finish the book before I saw the movie (I had tried to start the book because I wanted to read it before seeing the movie, but I got caught up with other stuff and still had 50 odd pages left by the time it hit the local theater about a week later), but even from what I did read, they didn't really expound upon the character quite enough for my liking, and the ending seemed really rushed. It wasn't a bad movie, but I think 7/10 might be doing it a favour, especially when compared to what it could have been. Palahniuk's books are made for movies, but this one didn't do it justice.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #814
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I watched Choke a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much agree with what was said above. It was a bit of a shame since it's my favourite Palahniuk novel too.

I watched Punisher: War Zone this morning. Mindless violence that was somewhat entertaining, although it stats to get old after an hour or so. Probably better then the Thomas Jane one, but that's really not saying all that much. I'd give it 6/10.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #815
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Windtalkers 6.0/10

Its better than most critics say. If your a fan of war movies, this isnt a bad choice.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:34 AM   #816
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

The Visitor.

Very solid one time watch. It's not the kind of movie that can be watched over and over, but if you watch it you will be glad you did. It's a simple story about and old man who has lost his passion for life until he meets a young couple that had mistakenly moved into his apartment. Pretty good movie overall.

8/10
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #817
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

remember the titans.

haven't seen it in years watched it today.

Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #818
lilmarcgasol
Banned

lilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this boardlilmarcgasol is popular on this board

Cool Runnings, it has the greatest slow clap scene in history when they crash and carry the bobsled across the finish line, then the swiss guy starts clapping slowly, then everyone starts clapping slowly in unison, then it becomes normal applause. Best slow clap in a film ever, that is my dream in life. To have a crow slow clap me or atleast to witness it.

10/10

omg they have cool runnings 2 i have to see it
http://darkmatt.blogspot.com/2009/02...unnings-2.html

Last edited by lilmarcgasol : 03-01-2009 at 08:20 AM.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #819
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Wackness: 81%

Absolutely loved it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #820
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fourteen Hours: 82.4%

I doubt this movie could be remade without their being a great deal of overacting and melodrama. It is the movie The Phone Booth should have been.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #821
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Slumdog Millionaire - 82%.

First time I watched it I was blown away on the big screen, but the replayability isn't too great. Excellent cinematography. Storyline meant to be cliche and you knew what was going happen but the way they presented to you.. so spectacularly.. so artistically you didn't even give a phuck about "silly fairy tale predictions," this film surpassed that. Score by A.R. Rahman ON POINT AZ USUAL and intertwined past, present, future in an organized sweet fashion. Funny (Taj Mahal tours), sad (riots and Salim's death)), hopeful(ending), provoking frustration (cell phone left in car).. covered every line and indent in the emotional spectrm.

My only beef was the development of Jamal and Latika's love story. Like what the phuck did Latika have to offer aside from being gorgeous ? She waz a dumb ho to put it in laymen's terms. Jamal's an odd character and I respect his persistence and determination but Salim was ten times the man he was IMO. I still think Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Wrestler were superior films, and I do think this is more overrated than TDK was, but definitely worthwhile to watch.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #822
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, I still havent seen Wall-E, Ive heard its so good
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #823
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw "Blades of Glory"

Very funny, but the plot was paper thin.

7/10
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #824
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

Finally watched The Departed on DVD. I'd give it 93%.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #825
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Damn, I still havent seen Wall-E, Ive heard its so good

same here, ive seen the first half but i got bored.. maybe its the second half thats great, lol..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: