Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #811
lilmarcgasol
Banned

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Cool Runnings, it has the greatest slow clap scene in history when they crash and carry the bobsled across the finish line, then the swiss guy starts clapping slowly, then everyone starts clapping slowly in unison, then it becomes normal applause. Best slow clap in a film ever, that is my dream in life. To have a crow slow clap me or atleast to witness it.

10/10

omg they have cool runnings 2 i have to see it
http://darkmatt.blogspot.com/2009/02...unnings-2.html

Last edited by lilmarcgasol : 03-01-2009 at 08:20 AM.
lilmarcgasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #812
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

the Wackness: 81%

Absolutely loved it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #813
Dasher
NBA Superstar

Fourteen Hours: 82.4%

I doubt this movie could be remade without their being a great deal of overacting and melodrama. It is the movie The Phone Booth should have been.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #814
JEFFERSON MONEY
NBA All-star

Slumdog Millionaire - 82%.

First time I watched it I was blown away on the big screen, but the replayability isn't too great. Excellent cinematography. Storyline meant to be cliche and you knew what was going happen but the way they presented to you.. so spectacularly.. so artistically you didn't even give a phuck about "silly fairy tale predictions," this film surpassed that. Score by A.R. Rahman ON POINT AZ USUAL and intertwined past, present, future in an organized sweet fashion. Funny (Taj Mahal tours), sad (riots and Salim's death)), hopeful(ending), provoking frustration (cell phone left in car).. covered every line and indent in the emotional spectrm.

My only beef was the development of Jamal and Latika's love story. Like what the phuck did Latika have to offer aside from being gorgeous ? She waz a dumb ho to put it in laymen's terms. Jamal's an odd character and I respect his persistence and determination but Salim was ten times the man he was IMO. I still think Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Wrestler were superior films, and I do think this is more overrated than TDK was, but definitely worthwhile to watch.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #815
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Damn, I still havent seen Wall-E, Ive heard its so good
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #816
catzhernandez
take me to your litter

Just saw "Blades of Glory"

Very funny, but the plot was paper thin.

7/10
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #817
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Finally watched The Departed on DVD. I'd give it 93%.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #818
halffttime
shorty doowop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Damn, I still havent seen Wall-E, Ive heard its so good

same here, ive seen the first half but i got bored.. maybe its the second half thats great, lol..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #819
CAAIDN
Good High School Starter

Kung Fu Panda: 73%

Beautiful animation.Had a few good laughs.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #820
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

rachel getting married
somewhat of an underseen masterpiece, beautifully portayed simple observation of disfunctional family relationships. crackling with fantastic dialogue and so wonderfully shot, it feels like a nature documentary, so well observed and natural, it never feels forced even in the powerful scenes of raw emotion. hathaway is excellent obviously but the direction is just flawless. although it does suffer a third act lull it is still terrific. a very mature film, this is yet another movie that pisses all over slumdog and cracks my top 5 of the year.
9/10

anyone else caught this?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #821
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Punisher: War Zone - 42%

The first scene of action of a guy getting kneed in the back and his spine snapping. After that, in about a 30 second span, someone gets their head cut off, their neck snapped both ways by use of hands, another neck snapped by use of legs, a knife driven into the top of a skull, an arm snapped and the knife that was being held in the arm slammed into the dude's chest, a knife thrown into a face, and a knife thrown that severs the throat from across a long table, but let's not forget the head that was cut in half. And this is all in the first two minutes.

Looking at it differently, it is more of a classic adaptation of the comic, IMO. A truer adaptation. The film has no ties to Marvel, giving the film makers a lot more leverage when it comes to violence. Just compare the first movie to this one and you'll know what I mean. No way Marvel does a carbon copy adaptation of the comic, making it an R rated movie. They would lose too much money.

That being said, I'm still waiting for a decent Punisher film, and we'll probably never see one. This film didn't take itself too seriously, and some scenes were obviously joke scenes, and while I can appreciate that, I would like to see a better adaptation. Tim Burton? I'd watch it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 AM   #822
starface
Banned

A Beautiful Mind

2/5

The movie was in fact quite suck. The plot moved in a very choppy sequence that bordered on absurd at times. It had a lot of cheesy, cliche moments. I just thought the movie was put together very, very poorly and unfortunately the storyline wasnt good enough to compensate.

It wasn't the WORST movie i ever saw, I have seen worse. This one had a couple decent moments at least where you thought it might get good, altho ultimately failed to deliver. Definitely on the whole tho the movie was a lot more bad than good.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #823
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Just Another Love Story - 7/10

was originally released in 2007, but only hit theatres in Germany this year. Very interesting story with lots of (believable) twists, good acting but some odd violence and nudity (graphic display of sex with sick woman just out of a coma in a hospital -wtf?!)
Starts off as a film noir, turns into a drama midways and becomes a thriller in the end. Definitely worth the less than 2 hours I spent on it.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #824
CAAIDN
Good High School Starter

Catch Me If You Can: 76%

Some good acting by one of the best actors ever(Tom Hanks) and one of the most talented, versatile actors of his age(Leonardo).Christopher Walken was also very believable.The plot is actually pretty simple, but the way that Spielberg delivers it is fascinating.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 AM   #825
Knuck the Ficks
Come touch it, Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
preech it. this is the truth. how in gods name did slumdog win cinematography over button, its proof the academy votes having not seen all the films.
It's because Benjamin Button was Forrest Gump but for people like you who think they are smart.

I don't think Slumdog was a "classic" film but watching it was an enjoyable experience. BB was not.

Horrible film by a great director who I hope can bounce back soon.
Knuck the Ficks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: