Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #8266
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Eleventh Hour.
Was watching this on Hulu Plus today. It's a good movie. I suggest watching it. I rate it a 7/10. The ending they definitely left us hanging. His ex wife is really cute.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:37 AM   #8267
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Great footage and great music. The filming was nice and simple and made for a fun viewing. I wish thhey could have shown more Monk and Shearing (they showed like half a minute for Shearing, if that). Favorite part was probably Sonny Stitt's and Sal Salvadore's performance.

8/10
Damn, I need to check this out looks awesome.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #8268
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2- 8/10: Obviously as a fan of the source material I'll have a bias. And there are possible gaps that I fill automatically just by knowing the broader story.

However, this was a fantastic movie. And I mean movie. The direction was top notch, the shots, the atmosphere from the opening scene to finish... fantastic. The acting was good, a marked improvement over time obviously (though every single time I see Gambon playing Dumbledore I'm wishing the original didn't die. I love Gambon but that first guy was THE perfect Dumbledore.)

And the script was good too, they stayed very loyal to the novel. But the other thing was that action really dictated this movie. And while it got bogged down with explaining things sometimes it didn't get too bogged down at any point. Good pacing.

And finally they handled the important parts well. I don't want to get into spoilers, but the single most powerful part is the big reveal of the movie (and book). And they did it perfectly.

The liberties they did take weren't too grand. But there are some minor tweaks that would have made it much better.
Timmy D for MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #8269
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Rookie Of The Year - 7/10

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid, saw it on instant watch and watched it again, it's corny, but I gotta admit I still loved it.
yup. still love that movie to this day
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #8270
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

solid rating for Harry Potter above, I just got back from it. I hated the previous one but like the series, this one was great IMO. 8.5/10 great way to end the series.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #8271
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What's instant watch?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #8272
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Major League - 10/10

One of my favorite movies ever, just great.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #8273
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
What's instant watch?
Netflix Instant Watch.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #8274
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heat. Fantastic movie.

One of my favourites.

14.28/10
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #8275
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waiting for Forever - 6/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #8276
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's some really interesting stuff soon to be released.

Long unreleased Fassbinder flick World on a Wire looks like something I'd love to check out.

Youtube tapestry that's apparently a work of editing genius, Life in a Day, looks like it could be a genre altering documentary.

And it's not till September, but Soderberg's Contagion looks ****ing awesome. Great director with a great cast and a fascinating topic that sits right in his wheelhouse. A worlwide instant epidemic transferred in a single touch and leading to death within 48 hours, it's got the makings of a gritty sci fi classic, but it focuses as much on the epidemic of mob mentallity, and global panic that's as dangerous as the contagion. I haven't been this into a pre-release in a long time.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #8277
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

And it's not till September, but Soderberg's Contagion looks ****ing awesome. Great director with a great cast and a fascinating topic that sits right in his wheelhouse. A worlwide instant epidemic transferred in a single touch and leading to death within 48 hours, it's got the makings of a gritty sci fi classic, but it focuses as much on the epidemic of mob mentallity, and global panic that's as dangerous as the contagion. I haven't been this into a pre-release in a long time.
I cant freakin' wait for Contagion.. everybody involved makes the anticipation rise.. talent alone..
Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #8278
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8.5/10
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #8279
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I cant freakin' wait for Contagion.. everybody involved makes the anticipation rise.. talent alone..

You aint kidding. Soderberg directs a cast of:

Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Kate Winslet, Gweneth Paltrow, Bryan Cranstan, Jude Law, Lawrence Fishburn, Saana Lathan, Elliot Gould, and even Dimitri Martin.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #8280
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
You aint kidding. Soderberg directs a cast of:

Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Kate Winslet, Gweneth Paltrow, Bryan Cranstan, Jude Law, Lawrence Fishburn, Saana Lathan, Elliot Gould, and even Dimitri Martin.

the bolded ones (which is only half) makes me want to
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: