Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #8266
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I just watched Unknown and i'd rate it about 7.4/10
Interesting action thriller, sure some of the things are hardly plausible, but overall it's entertaining movie with good acting. When I say good acting I think of Liam Neeson and Diane Kruger while January Jones is abysmal. I recently started paying attention to her acting and she looks like she has no emotions whatsoever. I'd hit tho
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #8267
Draz
The People's Choice

The Dark Knight - 10/10

One of the greatest movies, ever.
Spoiler Question in white -
I'm trying to understand the end. 2 face, Harvey turned evil because he wanted to get revenge because Rachel died? I don't get how she died? Why did Batman choose Harvey instead? Was it reversed and Joker wanted Harvey alive, knowing Batman (Bruce) would go for Rachel, instead he made Harvey, the good guy, the idol, basically the hero and face of Gotham alive. If I got that down path, which I'm pretty sure I did, why would 2 face be so mad? Was he trying to seek who got Rachel there to begin with? Someone she trusted? Which I'm sure again, he was. Gordon, must of obviously did it because him and his family was held hostage by Harvey towards the end. Why did Gordon do it, or did he do it? Confusing.

Last edited by Draz : 08-29-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #8268
Bladers
You hear that?

Unthinkable - 7/10
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #8269
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I didn't like Source Code either. It wasn't bad or anything, well done action thriller romance type deal, but all the love it got is kinda weird to me. Just really average.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #8270
L8k3r5
Ariana Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
The Dark Knight - 10/10

One of the greatest movies, ever.
Spoiler Question in white -
I'm trying to understand the end. 2 face, Harvey turned evil because he wanted to get revenge because Rachel died? I don't get how she died? Why did Batman choose Harvey instead? Was it reversed and Joker wanted Harvey alive, knowing Batman (Bruce) would go for Rachel, instead he made Harvey, the good guy, the idol, basically the hero and face of Gotham alive. If I got that down path, which I'm pretty sure I did, why would 2 face be so mad? Was he trying to seek who got Rachel there to begin with? Someone she trusted? Which I'm sure again, he was. Gordon, must of obviously did it because him and his family was held hostage by Harvey towards the end. Why did Gordon do it, or did he do it? Confusing.
THIS, Answer in white vvv
And to answer your question, when Batman interrogates the Joker he mixes up the locations of where Harvey and Rachel were at on purpose. He knew he would go for Rachel so he switched the locations up. Also Harvey was just pissed at Batman because he thought he chose him instead of Rachel. I hope I answered your questions.

Last edited by L8k3r5 : 08-29-2011 at 01:19 AM.
L8k3r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #8271
L8k3r5
Ariana Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
[/color]

Highlight -vvv
Batman didn't choose Harvey. He chose to go after Rachel. Joker deceived him. He reversed the addresses, knowing Bats(because of how he "threw himself after her") would go after Rachel. Harvey didn't really "turn evil", rather, Rachel's death plus what happened to him(and Joker making some sense to him) caused him to take a more aggressive position. He became a sort of anti-hero. I don't know what you're going on about with Gordon, though.
Pretty much this
You explained it better than I did.
L8k3r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #8272
Draz
The People's Choice

Oh that explains it. Needed someone to reinforce my take. What I meant by Gordon is because Harvey thought Gordon tied her up because hes someone she trusted and she told him that personally. Correct?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 AM   #8273
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Oh that explains it. Needed someone to reinforce my take. What I meant by Gordon is because Harvey thought Gordon tied her up because hes someone she trusted and she told him that personally. Correct?
I just finished watching this too. I think Harvey, after being convinced by the Joker in the hospital that Rachel's death was nothing personal, decided to direct all of his revenge at the people who brought Rachel to the bomb scene where she died initially.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #8274
Draz
The People's Choice

That parts sort of confusing. So why is Batman taking all of the blame? Because he wants Harvey to look like a hero, the face of Gotham still right? Even though he flipped? He didn't want Harvey's reputation to go down hill. But what did Harvey do? He killed two people (driver and the other guy), um.. the bar owner? That's it?

Why would they believe Batmans bad, after all he's done? Sort of idiotic.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #8275
tpols
we already won

Quote:
That parts sort of confusing. So why is Batman taking all of the blame? Because he wants Harvey to look like a hero, the face of Gotham still right? Even though he flipped? He didn't want Harvey's reputation to go down hill. But what did Harvey do? He killed two people (driver and the other guy), um.. the bar owner? That's it?

Why would they believe Batmans bad, after all he's done? Sort of idiotic.
The whole reason behind why the Joker was killing everybody was to get Batman to surrender to him and reveal his identity. So every minute someone else died.. it was indirectly Batman's fault. Thats why he was taking the blame.

And have you ever seen spider man? The same thing happens with him. The crowd expects these guys to always succeed.. but when shit goes wrong, they catch all the blame for it. It's kind of like basketball too. Everyone loves the superstar and praises him til he falls short.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #8276
Draz
The People's Choice

I see, I see. I guess you reminded my about Spiderman. I haven't seen 3 in a while, I'll get it to refresh my memory.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:16 AM   #8277
Dbrog
National High School Star

The Usual Suspects = 8/10. Great movie with great actors and a great ending.

Inglourious Basterds = 6/10 Easily my favorite Tarantino movie...but that isn't saying much since I think his movies are horrible. At least this one had a story and strong acting by Christoph Waltz. The fact that I actually enjoyed most of the movie astounds me. Not quite funny or entertaining enough for repeated viewings though which is why I give it a 6.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 AM   #8278
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Harvey Dent was mad at Gordon because Harvey repeatedly told Gordon that the men who worked for him were dirty and Gordon never did anything about it. So when Gordon's men took Rachel, he flipped a coin for each of the dirty cops and Gordon/Gordon's family.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #8279
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

let me first get this off my chest, i have not seen many of almodova's films, infact i havent seen one for over ten years(live flesh and tie me up tie me down being the ones i have seen).
well it will be the first of many because this was hands down the film of the year so far for me, no question. i wont go into the plot(which is irelevant anyway), its pretty perverse stuff but my god the craft. the film is beautifully made, exquisite attention to detail. almodova is a real film maker, the first film ive seen this year in which you felt the hand of a master, and this go's way beyond aesthetics and mastery of technical form. totally refreashing to finally see a real film, everyone that wants to see what film making is really about should flock to it when it open over there. with just this one film i can confortably say he is one of the masters working right now, someone tell me about his other recent works....
9/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #8280
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Don't quote white text you retard.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: