Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #8281
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3bUiYTO0E
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #8282
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Adjustment Bureau

The conceptt was interesting and brought up a lot of interesting trains of thought (fate vs free will, emotion/impulse vs reason, is God's plan always right, etc) but the script was lazy and had various plot holes and stupidities in it. Damon and Blunt had good chemistry was the most important part because this is a sappy romance flick more than anything. Some lol moment were there too (sloppy, horribly unromantic slow mo kiss at the end and Damon going Bourne on their asses). God learned his/her lesson to never **** with Jason Bourne.

Nothing special but can't say I wasn't entertained for the full 2 hours.

6/10
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #8283
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ the kiss was bad

her mouth almost engulfed his head
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #8284
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

gotta couple movies I gotta rate that I saw last week. Both going both sides of the review bar lol. (as in good & bad)
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #8285
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Start w/the bad first...and it was

Salt, saw it on Tuesday w/mom while talkin to my friend bout some stuff. Didnt like it at all, fell asleep halfway through. The action was horrible, and the plot was bad. Angelina did beast in a couple scenes tho. Also I think she's very ugly in looks, always thought she was overrated in looks. Her lips are the size of cantaloupes lol. Also, all of these are my personal opinions, you may have the total opposite opinions bout the movie and her than me and may not. Jus statin what I thought. Anyways, I'll give it a

Salt - 5/10

Think thats the lowest I've given to any movie
Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #8286
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Now to the good movie!

Saw True Grit (2010) and absolutely loved this movie! It was such a beautiful film. Hailee Steinfeld did such an amazing job acting. Matt Damon was funny as hell. Loved the plot, scenery, etc...also this is coming from a person who loves Western movies & have a bit of countryside in me (got alot more than before cuz of my friend). So I may be biased. But I loved it, glad I saw it. Would give it a

True Grit - 9.5/10
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #8287
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Also btw all the movies I rate on here are on blu ray. If they're not I'll say not blu ray or regular dvd or if I saw it in the movie theater I'll say went to go see at the theaters.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #8288
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paid In Full - 7/10

This was a lot better than I was expecting. I enjoyed it. The guy from the Wire was really good in it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #8289
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

i've been reading mixed reviews about True Grit for the whole summer

why is it good? why do ppl think it's bad?

anyone can break it down to me?

if it's anything like 3:10 to yuma (crowe version), then i'll pass
if it's like High Noon, will download

anyways, i'm halfway through Suicide Kings and it's awesome, great great cast, Christopher Walken plays a major role so that's an automatic 7/10 for me, i'd give it a 7.5 so far, haven't gotten around to the ending
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #8290
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bull Durham - 10/10

One of the greats.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #8291
irondarts

Jack Goes Boating - 9/10

Wow, has anyone else seen this? Phillip Seymour Hoffman directed it and stars in it, a really unbelievable film, one of my favorites from 2010.

Last edited by irondarts : 07-20-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #8292
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
^ the kiss was bad

her mouth almost engulfed his head
im glad that Im not the only one that noticed that.. it was a total anti-boner..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #8293
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The company men.

7/10
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #8294
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7/10

it was interesting
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #8295
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some 2011 movies I've watched recently:

Source Code - 9/10
With this and Moon, Duncan Jones has added himself to my "must see directors" list. This is one of the best modern sci-fi movies around. As I was watching the ending (no spoilers here), I thought "damn, that freeze frame 5 minutes ago was the perfect note to end it on. Why didn't they finish it there?". Then the last couple of moments showed me why it was an interesting "mind fuck" choice. Loved it.

Battle Los Angeles - 5/10
Could have been worse but nothing more than marine propaganda in an Independence Day setting. But I'm a sucker for alien invasion stories.

X-Men First Class - 7/10
As an X-Men movie? Ehhhh some questionable choices. As a straight up action movie? Very entertaining. Better than I expected.

Cedar Rapids - 6/10
OK but forgettable. Main character's awkwardness is too much at times.

The Adjustment Bureau - 5/10
A disappointment. Too arbitrary and without any feeling. Almost everything Source Code did right, was done poorly here.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: