Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #8641
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Hall Pass - 6/10

maybe it's cuz I watched it out of complete boredom at 2:30am.. but i only chuckled a few times. laughed out loud once. average
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #8642
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gullivers Travels

- 0/10
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #8643
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Your ratings are just aweful, but hey, if you enjoy the movies then that's all that matters!

Lol What would you rate it?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #8644
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Source Code

Great movie. I really like all that alternate universes stuff.

Spoiler question in white below
How did he know that they make alternate universe every time they use source code? He had more time 'till that 8 minutes pass, and obviously was surprised when the clock went beyond 8 minute mark.

Last edited by jamal99 : 08-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #8645
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saw Phone Booth last night and well lets just say it was a waste of time. Oh and imma do 2 reviews, one is my review and the 2nd is my parents' review. My parents' review first: worst movie ever, most boring movie ever, worst than a hindi bollywood movie, etc...they gave it a 0/10. Now mine. It wasn't good at all lol. I mean it had little action but the plot I thought was stupid and like idk I jus didnt like it. The most I can give it is a

Phone Booth - 4/10
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #8646
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I thought it was because of that one go around where he managed to get off the train and followed the guy at the train station. The train blew up but he seemingly still existed in that "world" even though the source code was only supposed to keep him in there for the 8 minutes of memories.

Awesome movie though. Best of 2011 so far for me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #8647
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Source Code
How did he know that they make alternate universe every time they use source code? He had more time 'till that 8 minutes pass, and obviously was surprised when the clock went beyond 8 minute mark.

the whole source code machine already blows my mind, i wont even ask for an explanation unless someone can do one for dummies

i dont get how consciousness can exist in the physical alternate reality when the body has already died

it really stretches the bounds of the sci fi action genre to get a happy ending
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #8648
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
the whole source code machine already blows my mind, i wont even ask for an explanation unless someone can do one for dummies

i dont get how consciousness can exist in the physical alternate reality when the body has already died

it really stretches the bounds of the sci fi action genre to get a happy ending
I posted an explanation couple of pages back which is of course my own interpretation of how things ended up. You can check it out if you want.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=8405

Last edited by dunksby : 08-11-2011 at 01:22 AM.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #8649
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Source Code

Great movie. I really like all that alternate universes stuff.

The problem is that it's been done before again and again and then some
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #8650
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I posted an explanation couple of pages back which is of course my own interpretation of how things ended up. You can check it out if you want.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=8405

read it just now

SPOILERS

so basically a machine can take in you and out of different parallel realities based a short piece of memory from a deceased person's brain?

then he can live in that parallel universe while having his body be killed when attached to the source code machine

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite
Old 08-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #8651
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Yeh bro source code is a movie you don't ask questions you just watch the shit because the explanation needs rocket science and redefines logic.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #8652
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Saw The Devil's Double, more like Scarface of Arabia. Weak. C-
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 AM   #8653
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
Saw The Devil's Double, more like Scarface of Arabia. Weak. C-

isn't that the point?

scarface is garbage yet iconic

arab scarface? must download

but any reasoning why it's C-? not enough arab hoes?

Last edited by Stuckey : 08-11-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 AM   #8654
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
read it just now

SPOILERS

so basically a machine can take in you and out of different parallel realities based a short piece of memory from a deceased person's brain?

then he can live in that parallel universe while having his body be killed when attached to the source code machine

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite
Well my theory is that his consciousness is living through that alt reality. The project ppl thought it was impossible but the power of love and human will defied everything in the end and kept that guy's consciousness alive in there. Think of it as a dream which goes on forever and is kept together by the will of those who live it.
None of the above has to be what the writers meant to express (they might not have even thought that shit through) its just my own way of settling with unexplained plot holes.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #8655
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Well my theory is that his consciousness is living through that alt reality. The project ppl thought it was impossible but the power of love and human will defied everything in the end and kept that guy's consciousness alive in there. Think of it as a dream which goes on forever and is kept together by the will of those who live it.
None of the above has to be what the writers meant to express (they might not have even thought that shit through) its just my own way of settling with unexplained plot holes.

ya i know, but sometimes those simple details in the premise just make me smh and ruin the exp for me

SPOILER
i did get emotional on that call to his dad like most
hated the ending
hated the lady and that MI5 guy who had a walking stick for no reason
hated that Jake opted for suicide like a b1aaaatch
most of all i hate that michelle monaghan actress, something about her just makes me want to rough her up then rape her
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: