Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #8656
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Drive 9.5/10

I was on a level of constant suspense, even when they were simply eating dinner.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #8657
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Drive 9.5/10

I was on a level of constant suspense, even when they were simply eating dinner.

who isnt loving drive right now?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #8658
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Attack the Block

This is a small budget British sci fi flim that the best description I can come up with is something along the lines of Alien blended with The Warriors.

Basically, a local corner gang is out mugging a woman, an alien crashes down, they kill it, then more crash down and everyone tries to survive the night.

Its an interesting little film and I was surprised to find out it was the directors first feature effort. It had some pretty cool shots, it didn't focus too much on looking at the monsters and didn't go over the top with the gore. The less is more approach was a nice change of pace from much of the splatter fests I have viewed as of late.

The cast is solid though not spectacular, there is some dark humor and a few cool action scene moments. Nothing will really surprise you as the characters are of the stock variety but it seems as thought the cast and filmmakers were having fun making it. Its not going to scare you but its more of a fun horror film in the vein of Shaun of the Dead, Slither or Tales From the Crypt: Demon Night.

A-/B+

attack the block is my joint second favorite film of the year, superb stuff, surprisingly well made and very comparable to shaun of the dead in quality.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #8659
Rnbizzle
Banned

Jesus ****, I just downloaded Eden Lake cause I saw the title up here a few times and I can say that's one of the most ****ed up films I've ever seen. In horror films at least you know it's all bullshit. This was ****ing gruesome shit.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #8660
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Los Olvidados: 90%
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #8661
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Jesus ****, I just downloaded Eden Lake cause I saw the title up here a few times and I can say that's one of the most ****ed up films I've ever seen. In horror films at least you know it's all bullshit. This was ****ing gruesome shit.

Yeah, it doesn't sugar coat anything.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #8662
purplch0de
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

Attack the Block

This is a small budget British sci fi flim that the best description I can come up with is something along the lines of Alien blended with The Warriors.

Basically, a local corner gang is out mugging a woman, an alien crashes down, they kill it, then more crash down and everyone tries to survive the night.

Its an interesting little film and I was surprised to find out it was the directors first feature effort. It had some pretty cool shots, it didn't focus too much on looking at the monsters and didn't go over the top with the gore. The less is more approach was a nice change of pace from much of the splatter fests I have viewed as of late.

The cast is solid though not spectacular, there is some dark humor and a few cool action scene moments. Nothing will really surprise you as the characters are of the stock variety but it seems as thought the cast and filmmakers were having fun making it. Its not going to scare you but its more of a fun horror film in the vein of Shaun of the Dead, Slither or Tales From the Crypt: Demon Night.

A-/B+

It was alright, there were a lot of things left unanswered, such as any explanation as to why the female alien came to the US in the first place. I would give it a B or B+. There some things I had a difficult time understanding.
purplch0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #8663
IlliniFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Saw this a while back, really enjoyed it. I think it's only out in limited release, but if it's still playing anywhere around you, I would definitely recommend it.

8/10
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #8664
Draz
The People's Choice

Apacolpto or whatever - 8/10
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #8665
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Yeah, that caught your attention didn't it?

Bedazzled: 6/10- Saw this today and it brought back some memories. I always felt this movie was a bit underrated. Brendan Fraiser is actually quite funny in this one. The jokes are tired and worn out, but Fraiser makes it work (how many times have I said that in my life? I can count on one hand!).

Also I have always said that Ray Wise in Reaper is the best devil I've ever seen. But Elizabeth Hurley might be many a favorite.

Good for multiple chuckles and a couple laugh out louds. A comedy could do much worse than that.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #8666
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplch0de
It was alright, there were a lot of things left unanswered, such as any explanation as to why the female alien came to the US in the first place. I would give it a B or B+. There some things I had a difficult time understanding.

Why would that even matter?
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #8667
irondarts

7.5/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #8668
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Why would that even matter?

lmao, agreed 100% not only that but there really wasnt anything to not get about attack the block, it was what it was. which was very good.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #8669
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

7.5/10

i watched this the other night and hhmmm, lots of pretty pictures and well expossed footage but i wouldnt even say the cinematography was good. it was an adequate tone piece with some fetishistic gun handling in there. very basic stuff masquarading as art house ambition- which it had very little of btw. tonally it was solid and i did enjoy the cool aesthetic up untill the final 20 mins when it lost its way. clooney needs to stretch himself more tho, you can only keep up a pretense that you are a real actor by doing european psyedo art films(that obviously have big money behind them) for so long imo. still id rather he continued doing the kind of films he does with a decent amount of integrity than the bigger hollywood crap he could be doing...
7/10
Old 09-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #8670
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

it irks me to have to admit it but the new girl with the dragon tatoo trailer looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xxcZ...layer_embedded
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: