Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #8716
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
im a sucker for art house movies, as long as it's not american
Then you should really dig this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
good call, its obviously highly influenced by aguire wrath of god. it is also one of the films i used to push on here back when i could be bothered to give heads up about arthouse films that should appeal. 10/10 is alot but well done for seeing it. looks like nicholas wending refn is blowing up right now with "drive" i have to say i saw this coming. he and sorrentino are the two young super talents to watch right now....
Agreed. You might be right that 10/10 is pushing it. Like I said, I was rating the movie right after watching it, which is something I usually avoid doing. Guess I have to rewatch it to rate it properly.. but I can't imagine giving it less than a 9.

I haven't watched anything by Sorrentino so far, any recommendations?
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #8717
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

XMEN 1 - 9/10
Going to watch X2 now.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #8718
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Superheroes
Quote:
A journey inside the world of real life caped crusaders. From all over America, these self-proclaimed crime fighters, don masks, homemade costumes and elaborate utility belts in an attempt to bring justice to evildoers everywhere.

Not as entertaining as i wanted it to be. Also, the people focused on really came off weird and wacko. Not much action to it either. The best thing about this documentary is that for us that often think about doing something like this, you get a real perspective of how it can actually turn out and it makes the whole ideal seem silly. I Rate This Movie: 6/10
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #8719
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Win Win - 7/10
- A pleasant, well written and well acted movie but nothing too outstanding. Thomas McCarthy is definitely one of my favourite filmmakers right now. He's 3/3 with this, The Station Agent (10/10) and The Visitor (9/10).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #8720
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Then you should really dig this one.

Agreed. You might be right that 10/10 is pushing it. Like I said, I was rating the movie right after watching it, which is something I usually avoid doing. Guess I have to rewatch it to rate it properly.. but I can't imagine giving it less than a 9.

I haven't watched anything by Sorrentino so far, any recommendations?

well i havent yet seen el divo but ive seen his other two and i highly recommend them both.

the consequences of love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDE9J...eature=related

the family friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWuGNzjHs-Y
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #8721
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

XMEN 2 - 7/10

Didn't like it as much as the first but it was a good movie. Going to watch X3 (Last Stand) then First Class. So far my favorite XMEN Movie was XMen origins Wolverine.

Edit: Also. Is Gene or Jean however you spell her name, the biggest wh0re ever? Jesus Christ women. I sort of felt sorry for Scott lmao.

The Adjustment Bureau 4/10

So fake. I mean, it was totally watchable to a certain extent. Seriously, this guy gave up being president or could of been for a shot at being with a girl with old men being wizards or angels controlling peoples faith? This movie could of been great. They pushed it WAY to far. There's a certain extent, from 2 mins in the movie it was about love. Halfway through the movie it was worth a 6/10 because it was dealable, but at the end, it was just a Disney channal movie.

That's my two cents, watch this shit with your girl because this shit was boring.

Last edited by Draz : 08-15-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #8722
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Harry Potter.
First HP movie I've ever watched, and it wasn't too bad. I thought the ending could have been better though. It would have been so much cooler if Harry died IMO. I guess they probably wanted to end 8 books on a happy note though.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #8723
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I Saw the Devil

A top notch Korean revenge flick. 9/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 AM   #8724
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong wayalenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Armageddon-7/10

Falling down-8/10

Rescue dawn- 9/10
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #8725
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

suspend your belief, and enjoy the roller coaster, forget that you wont die on this roller coaster and get scared

im done shitting on black swan and inception, whatevs maaan

Leo is still an irish turd, and Nolan has dumbed down, and fvck swans
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #8726
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

It was pretty good.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #8727
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Priest - 8/10 Good movie.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #8728
RobertdeMeijer
Serious playground baller

RobertdeMeijer has an OK reputation so far

I finally got around to seeing Primer.

I really wanted to like it, because it was made on such a low budget and didn't totally spell things out for a dumb audience.

But ironically, the story, although surprisingly captivating, is only interesting for a dumb audience.
The only interesting thing about it is figuring out the overly vague plotline. When finished puzzling it out, it feels like you've just eaten a sandwhich full of air. That's because behind all the bewildering events, it's just an everyday time-travelling science fiction story.
RobertdeMeijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #8729
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
It would have been so much cooler if Harry died IMO.

That's just crazy stupid.

I don't even like Harry Potter but you can't kill off the main character that people lived with over 7 books and 8 movies. Come on. The author would get an unbelievable amount of shit for that and it would kill the franchise. Stupid move.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #8730
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
I finally got around to seeing Primer.

I really wanted to like it, because it was made on such a low budget and didn't totally spell things out for a dumb audience.

But ironically, the story, although surprisingly captivating, is only interesting for a dumb audience.
The only interesting thing about it is figuring out the overly vague plotline. When finished puzzling it out, it feels like you've just eaten a sandwhich full of air. That's because behind all the bewildering events, it's just an everyday time-travelling science fiction story.

What? I've seen entire websites dedicated to this movie, trying to figure out the time-lines. It's a lot more complex than you're putting on. In fact, I couldn't disagree more. There was at least a three page discussion in this thread alone last year on this movie and trying to figure out the multiple time-lines. I have no idea what page It's on, you can Google search for it.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: