Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #9121
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

X-Men First Class: 6.5/10. I thought it was a good enjoyable film, but it had some things that bothered me. January Jones' character seemed pretty pointless, some of the parts in the film seemed really forced like when they were naming each other, and some of the audio bothered me like when Professor X would talk to people in their mind it didn't really sound right to me and the voice of Beast didn't as well. Pretty small things, but they added up a little bit to take some off of my rating.

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 09-11-2011 at 01:08 AM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 AM   #9122
Keith
old school new school

Keith has an OK reputation so far

I watched Anocanda the other night it was stupid.
3/10
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #9123
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Volcano

I give it a roaring 5/10.

Watch it if you feel like it...Its a pretty average movie all around. Not really gripping or anything. The ending part is kinda interesting. Mad cheesy.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 AM   #9124
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eden Lake 9/10
****ing brutal.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 AM   #9125
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Stop what before it's to late? Why? Is it bad? You should watch Frozen on netflix.

If you liked Frozen, the movie I just mentioned above is on par with how disturbing it is.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #9126
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eden Lake is way more ****ed up than Frozen. IMO.

Speaking of Eden Lake...(white text)

How unlucky was that chick? It was like God wanted her to die. She runs to the house where the kid lives for help? Ouch.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #9127
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Eden Lake is way more ****ed up than Frozen. IMO.

yep agreed... ending is just...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #9128
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What happened in the end?
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #9129
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
300 - my favorite movie had to rewatch it 10/10
the shrine - 0/10 really bad movie should of listened to reviews

Not the biggest fan of 300, I thought it was okay and I the Persians way more than the Spartans (found them more interesting which coming from it's source material seems to often be the case. The villains.. or Rouges Gallery if you will, is more interesting than the hero).

BUT, if I watch it not thinking about it like a serious serious film I can really enjoy it. It seemed like they went all in making this movie and it's a joy to watch.

Although, since this is how the internet works, because there's a slight similarity between 300 and The Immortals I'm going to go on record and say that if The Immortals delivers on it's trailer it'll be better....

A lot.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #9130
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the imortals looks like laughable garbage, and with that retard tarsem directing it has no chance of even being passable, the guy is inept, his films are basically music videos.

i wanted to like the fall so much but it was just putrid(although i know many who disagree)
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #9131
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

speaking of eden lake- ive been meaning to see it for years, fassbender can do no wrong in my book. most exciting actor around right now.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #9132
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
the imortals looks like laughable garbage, and with that retard tarsem directing it has no chance of even being passable, the guy is inept, his films are basically music videos.

i wanted to like the fall so much but it was just putrid(although i know many who disagree)

Not the biggest sample size I'd say.

Umm but I said the same thing about 300 when it was coming out. Even if plot wise it's the same as 300 and dialogue wise etc, if the presentation is the same level it should be better. It's a far more epic scale, far more epic legend, and Gods are involved.

Then on the other hand there was Clash of the Titans which boasted the same thing and... well they didn't quite get that one...

We shall see.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #9133
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Not the biggest sample size I'd say.

Umm but I said the same thing about 300 when it was coming out. Even if plot wise it's the same as 300 and dialogue wise etc, if the presentation is the same level it should be better. It's a far more epic scale, far more epic legend, and Gods are involved.

Then on the other hand there was Clash of the Titans which boasted the same thing and... well they didn't quite get that one...

We shall see.

thats the thing tho, 300 had a real film maker behind it, whilst he may be running around making films like some demented animal zack snyder is very capabale of this throw away style of film making. i havent seen sucker punch and i do hear it is a complete and total abomination but that aside snyder does trash very well. tarsem is inept(i didnt hate the cell but i was about 14 when i saw it). subject matter/source material means less than nothing, the only indication of wether a film has any chance to be any good or not is talent behind the camera.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #9134
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Regarding the Killer Inside Me, I just wish the plot had been different, more of a traditional noir instead of the gruesome serial killer angle. Because the feel of it was absolutely phenomenal. It looked and sounded as authentic as any film I've seen. Casey Affleck was also really, really good in it. But the serial killer angle just didn't work for me.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #9135
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
Bridesmaids (I have a gf, sue me) 6/10

Funny in some parts. Better than a lot of those kinds of films, the chubby one scared me though.

I loved this movie, its an 8/10 for me.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: