Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #9331
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Trying to catch up on 2011 movies lately.

So far the best films I've seen this year are:

1. The Tree of Life
2. Source Code
3. Drive
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #9332
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

1. The Tree of Life
2. Source Code
3. Drive
Will have to see Tree of Life because Source Code is still the best I've seen so far. Discussed this earlier in this thread but the scene where Jake Gyllenhaal calls his dad is honestly one of the most gut-wrenching and heartfelt I've seen in years. It was that good.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #9333
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

1. The Tree of Life
2. Source Code
3. Drive

Tree of life was bad. Had to stop watching 20 mins in. It wasnt even a movie it felt like I was watching a poem. It had a meaning but it was simply boring. It's a good direction for people who like shit like this but in the beginning it went one way then I see dinasaurs and shit I honestyl thought the movie changed and it was purposly merged with a nat geo show. Figured that's how it is.

On the other hand Source Code was a solid flick. Haven't seen Drive yet what's it about I've seen good reviews on it and ratings when is it coming out on blu Ray I might download.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #9334
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

7/10

The movie was a good 8/10 to 9/10 until part of the ending. The very end isn't bad, but what led up to it was kind of blah. Before the ending the movie was great.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:02 AM   #9335
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The movie was a good 8/10 to 9/10 until part of the ending. The very end isn't bad, but what led up to it was kind of blah. Before the ending the movie was great.
I totally agree. I think everyone does.

Sunshine was so damn frustrating because up until that last 1/3 of the movie, I thought was watching a modern sci-fi classic. It had an interesting and new idea. Incredible visuals and a great score. The performances were subtle and it fit perfectly for the kind of mission that these people were going on. Then at some point the filmmakers realized "Holy shit, this won't sell. Add some brainless action NOW!"
Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #9336
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I totally agree. I think everyone does.

Sunshine was so damn frustrating because up until that last 1/3 of the movie, I thought was watching a modern sci-fi classic. It had an interesting and new idea. Incredible visuals and a great score. The performances were subtle and it fit perfectly for the kind of mission that these people were going on. Then at some point the filmmakers realized "Holy shit, this won't sell. Add some brainless action NOW!"
Question though. What would've made it a better 1/3 of the movie? More negative happenings with the mission and man striving to save it's own humanity? I don't know. I didn't like the ending, but I'm not sure how they could do the ending.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 AM   #9337
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Question though. What would've made it a better 1/3 of the movie? More negative happenings with the mission and man striving to save it's own humanity? I don't know. I didn't like the ending, but I'm not sure how they could do the ending.
I don't know either but I'm sure there is a better idea out there than turning the movie into a "monster chase". I felt like I was watching Resident Evil towards the end. I still liked it overall but damn, such massive potential squandered.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 AM   #9338
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually thought the ending was tight, I know I'm in the minority though. One of my favorite movies.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #9339
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I wonder if it's humanly possible to do what they did with the airlock thing when they got blown out into space into the other ship.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #9340
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I wonder if it's humanly possible to do what they did with the airlock thing when they got blown out into space into the other ship.
It looks like it is possible to a degree.

http://www.damninteresting.com/outer-space-exposure/

It looks like the key thing would be hold your breathe and close your eyes and not open your mouth.

Last edited by Meticode : 10-11-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #9341
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I remember there was a similar scene in Event Horizon where a dude survived brief exposure. I was thinking bullshit at the time but looked it up and saw it was possible.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #9342
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

I just watched Drive and it's pretty ****ing good! Ryan Gosling was awesome and I never knew that soundtrack can affect a movie so much...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #9343
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

drive - 7/10 - hated the ending not bad movie overrated

midnight in paris - 7/10 - light hearted woody allen flick, not bad subpar for allen

lucky you - 5 - horrible and half assed
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #9344
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Pi - 8/10

Had a promising start but i was a bit disappointed with how the flow of movie went midway through. A good psychological thriller regardless.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #9345
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bout to watch Melancholia...Ill check in after!
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: