Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #9391
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Midnight Cowboy - 10/10

One of the GOAT movies for me. Dustin Hoffman's performance
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #9392
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Has anyone seen the following movies?:

Heavenly Creatures 1994 - 95% on RT
the Moon in the Gutter 1983 [French]
Point Blank 2011 [French] = 92% on RT
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #9393
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Midnight in Paris: 8/10
Surpisingly I really enjoyed Midnight in Paris proabably because it was so different and I loved the concept of him travelling to his favourite time period each night.

Blue Valentine: 8/10
Really good, dark movie. So orgininal showing how a relationship can break down over time without either person doing anything really wrong such as cheating.

I'm contemplating whether to watch Blood Diamond, A Beautiful Mind or Donnie Darko tonight if anyone has any suggestions.

all solid movies

beautiful mind > donnie >>> blood diamond

diamond is probably the most entertaining, beautiful mind is the most boring, and donnie makes you think a bit
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #9394
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Has anyone seen the following movies?:

Heavenly Creatures 1994 - 95% on RT
the Moon in the Gutter 1983 [French]
Point Blank 2011 [French] = 92% on RT

I reviewed Point Blank somewhere in this thread. It's kind of a grittier more realistic version of Taken. I really liked it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #9395
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heavenly Creatures was good but the 95% rating makes it seems much better than it was..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #9396
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

nth time watching Drugstore Cowboy (7.5/10) and There Will Be Blood (9/10)
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #9397
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
tinker tailor soldier spy-
go's without saying this is the one that right now looks set to sweep the oscars. oldman will get his and i the film will certainly win art direction plus has a great shot at cinematography, best director, adapted screenplay and best film. mark strong could be in there for support also. beautifully crafted film terrific high class stuff.
9/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Could you please give a brief review of the film based on the film's own merits and not if appeals to the Oscars or not?
I guess it was too much to ask, its funny just a few pages earlier you asked me for a review which I did but you wont return the god damned courtesy.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 AM   #9398
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

I, Robot - 80%.
The 2nd part of the movie was overdone. The pacing was perfect up until the halfway point, then it seemed like they were just trying to make the movie longer without adding any substance to the content.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #9399
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The (new) Thing. 7.5/10

It got panned pretty bad by critics for not offering anything new, but it did a great job of re-creating the feel and setting up the 1982 version. I thoroughly enjoyed it as a fan of the 82 version.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #9400
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

is real steel worth it?
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #9401
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I guess it was too much to ask, its funny just a few pages earlier you asked me for a review which I did but you wont return the god damned courtesy.

apologies old boy, i will do this later on today.

btw, this is a long shot but might you by any chance have seen Alice ou la dernière fugue by claude chabrol?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #9402
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lifted - 6/10 (NETFLIX)

Good family movie, but in the movie there was way to much singing going on. Some ways to improve this movie would be putting more drama to the movie. Some examples would be the mother being raped, or the son being beaten by the grandfather while his mother watches. It was good in the beginning, and middle, but the ending was unbearable. The kid had one heck of a voice in the first 3 mins of the movie. They used the same songs he sang in the beginning in the contest (recycled) and that was noticed. Movie could of been something.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #9403
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

the tree of life
9.5/10
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #9404
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey Pete, can't find the thread, but downloaded the first 3 ep's of Homeland. Only watched the first so far, but you're right, seems like a pretty good new drama. Claire Danes was pretty impressive. Maybe I just hadn't seen enough of her, not that I ever thought she sucked or anything, but seems like she's grown up as an actress quite a bit. Not too sure about Damian Lewis yet, but he doesn't seem like the actual lead anyway.

And damn, Mandy Patinkin got old. Honestly thought that was Brian Cox.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 10-20-2011 at 03:49 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #9405
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hey Pete, can't find the thread, but downloaded the first 3 ep's of Homeland. Only watched the first so far, but you're right, seems like a pretty good new drama. Claire Danes was pretty impressive. Maybe I just hadn't seen enough of her, not that I ever thought she sucked or anything, but seems like she's grown up as an actress quite a bit. Not too sure about Damian Lewis yet, but he doesn't seem like the actual lead anyway.

And damn, Mandy Patinkin got old. Honestly thought that was Brian Cox.

I thought that about Claire Danes when I was watching it too. She hasn't done a lot in the last decade.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: