Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #9406
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Lifted - 6/10 (NETFLIX)

Good family movie, but in the movie there was way to much singing going on. Some ways to improve this movie would be putting more drama to the movie. Some examples would be the mother being raped, or the son being beaten by the grandfather while his mother watches. It was good in the beginning, and middle, but the ending was unbearable. The kid had one heck of a voice in the first 3 mins of the movie. They used the same songs he sang in the beginning in the contest (recycled) and that was noticed. Movie could of been something.
I love your reviews!
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #9407
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

little fockers

movie is obviously terrible but i cant even hate on it because jessica alba is amazing to look at.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #9408
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Original-
Rise of the planet of the Apes: 8/10

great movie.

My favorite movie of the year for sure. Just didn't like the ending.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:08 AM   #9409
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saw final chapter - 4/10 worst one yet. first scene girls bleeding pink blood.
Missing In America - 4/10
The Thing - 1982 - 7.5/10 very decent movie.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #9410
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
little fockers

movie is obviously terrible but i cant even hate on it because jessica alba is amazing to look at.
Forgot about her in that. To Demonoid...
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #9411
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Thor - 7/10

Had a lame start but gradually got better after thor was sent in exile to earth. I was curious on how they could make movie that integrates modern man and the god and creatures of norse mythology. Not taking the movie very seriously by adding in a few comedy here and there, probably helped in my overall outlook of how good the movie is. I predict the second movie is not going to do as well in terms of entertainment value. It mostly likely will sell more tickets though.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #9412
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #9413
trooper
I hit open layups

trooper has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT

3/5

Last movie I watched too. Personally, I give it 2.5/5. The storyline was so retarded and it wasn't exactly the funniest movie either. But definitely some good parts. I think I was just expecting more, given the cast.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #9414
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
the tree of life
9.5/10

What's up with this movie now? I can't decide if I should watch it or not. Is it worth watching? There are tons of comments like this about this movie:

''hands down worst movie with good actors i ever seen''

''p.s i usually dont post review but i couldnt stop myself this time. im big fan of brad pitt and sean penn...but everything in this movie sucks balls!''

''The actual movie is terrible, mind blowingly pointless and must go down as one of the worse movies ever made''
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #9415
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
What's up with this movie now? I can't decide if I should watch it or not. Is it worth watching? There are tons of comments like this about this movie:

''hands down worst movie with good actors i ever seen''

''p.s i usually dont post review but i couldnt stop myself this time. im big fan of brad pitt and sean penn...but everything in this movie sucks balls!''

''The actual movie is terrible, mind blowingly pointless and must go down as one of the worse movies ever made''

i think i can judge by your post here alone and say, its not for you, you wont enjoy it.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #9416
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Thing 7/10
It's a prequel to the 1982 movie, but it has the same name. It was almost the same movie..so it was a prequel, but at the same time a remake..in a sense. That girl is no McReady (Kurt Russell). 1982 version had much better special effects than the CGI they use nowadays. The actors were better in the '82 movie and the story better. In the new movie the alien doesn't hide much..it's more in your face..which takes away from the suspense that the 1982 version had. But it was still entertaining. My favorite part was the ending when the sole survivor goes after the dog...which is the beginning of the 1982 movie. Great theme music.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #9417
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

The tree of life is in a league of its own. You have never seen anything like it. If you really have an appreciation for film making, you will be blown away by malicks directing. The biggest thing i got out of it, was that it really made me think about my own life and my childhood in particular. Broadly speaking, Its pretty much an observation on the life of a family and its done in such a unique way that you will not forget and you will recognize the beauty of film making.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #9418
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

I still don't know what to make of this movie. While the cinematography is absolutely stunning, the whole film feels like an overly pretentious 2 and a half long metaphor.
Objectively speaking, I see how this can be a great piece of art, but it was definitely not my cup of tea.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #9419
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i am a huge malick fan and even i found the tree of life had some major issues, it was severely disjointed and it was even pretty loose at times. the sean penn stuff was just sickeningly mishandled, heavy handed symbolism and tbh overly sentimental- something malick at his worst is just short of tipping over into at times but imo never has before. the problem here i feel is he tried to make this film the project he went off the grid for 20 years researching, about the origins of the world and for that reason it ends up, as i mentioned, very disjointed.

i really do think the film he intended to make and originally cut- which is 8 hours will be a much more accomplished work, i would definately pay to see that. of course its still wonderful at times- its malick- but i have to say after first viewing i think its his weakest film. still warrents an 8/10 and a purchase, plus a rewatch but its no days of heaven.

i think most of us that saw it on first release- thorp/rindoks/myself felt very similar things and a bit dissapointed, with malick you want and expect life afirming masterpieces. i fully expect him to turn me more spiritual with each film, this didnt quite do it.

Last edited by ukplayer4 : 10-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #9420
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
apologies old boy, i will do this later on today.

btw, this is a long shot but might you by any chance have seen Alice ou la dernière fugue by claude chabrol?
I have not but if its good I will watch it for sure I checked out the plot in relation to the Genre and it seems interesting.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: