Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #9496
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Infernal Affairs is coming out on Blu Ray in a few weeks. You should watch that if you haven't already.

I've seen it, though I am interested in seeing the sequels. Also, I don't have a blu-ray player, just DVD. Thanks for the suggestion regardless.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #9497
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Infernal Affairs is coming out on Blu Ray in a few weeks. You should watch that if you haven't already.
I watched the HD version I downloaded off torrent a couple of months ago and it I quite liked it. I enjoyed it more than its incomprehensible remake even though I knew the plot. Apart from Nicholson's impressive acting in The Departed the original shines brighter than the remake in every other aspect.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #9498
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I watched the HD version I downloaded off torrent a couple of months ago and it I quite liked it. I enjoyed it more than its incomprehensible remake even though I knew the plot. Apart from Nicholson's impressive acting in The Departed the original shines brighter than the remake in every other aspect.

I completely agree. It's not like the remake was bad, it was still a good interpretation, it just pales in comparison to the original. It's almost a completely different movie.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #9499
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Godfather III
9/10

i don't know why everybody said that movie was bad
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #9500
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

16 Blocks 7/10

It was a good movie, but I had a hard time understanding Mos Def.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #9501
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Catching up on 2011 movies again:

Captain America - 8/10
I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this. I guess my expectations were low after Thor was such a dud. This movie was tons of fun and I loved the entire first hour of it. From the story of scrawny Rogers to Captain America being used as propaganda for the war effort, really good stuff. Chris Evans and Tommy Lee Jones were both great. The mandatory love interest never felt too forced here like it does in almost every other superhero movie. The last 1/3 or so still came down to your generic action/fight scenes but at least they looked good.

Another Earth - 8/10
Really cool idea that, with a bigger budget, would have been more of a sci-fi movie. But that wasn't the intention here and what you get, works. Two good central performances. Some really good visuals with the second Earth hanging over simple shots. Some things were just a bit too heavy-handed like the blind janitor and what he does later on. I'm sure a lot of people will complain about the last scene and the sudden end but again, it wasn't the point of the movie to explore that side of the story. It worked for me.

The Hangover Part 2 - 6/10
I was never a huge fan of the first one but I liked it. This was pretty much the exact same movie just in Thailand. I didn't think it was as good. The return of a couple characters from the first one felt really forced and artificial. All part 2 did was take elements from the first one and stretch them even further away from reality. Still, you had a likable main cast and some funny moments (the ladyboy stuff was hilarious). A nice quick distraction. The ending was terrible though and the whole "missing finger" thing bugged me because it would've been a huge friggin' deal to me and was brushed off as nothing.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #9502
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
16 Blocks 7/10

It was a good movie, but I had a hard time understanding Mos Def.

I thought that was as bad as SWAT.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #9503
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
The Godfather III
9/10

i don't know why everybody said that movie was bad

I like the movie, but it isn't close to part I and II. I give it a 7/10, 9 seems pretty high. I loved the ending though.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #9504
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I like the movie, but it isn't close to part I and II. I give it a 7/10, 9 seems pretty high. I loved the ending though.
the first two are legit 10s for me
a 7 is in my scale a movie that is just a good movie something you would watch once or twice it was better than that
what i loved about that movie were pacinos and eli wallets acting(don altabello) and that it was a lot slower, there less action in this one
i liked the whole style of that movie
but maybe i should see the first two again and compare
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #9505
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Fracture - Gosling is good, movie is bad.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #9506
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

verylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation here

Ides of March - 7.5/10

I like Ryan Gosling, I've viewed all of his 3 film releases this year and enjoyed every single one. This movie was decent at best though, it had it's up and downs but mostly downs. Nothing special...George Clooney is a decaying star, he definitely did not lead the movie. Ryan performed well, but the movie wasn't anything special.
verylegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #9507
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Source Code
7/10

i dug it
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #9508
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im halfway through this right now and im not sure how much longer i can go on....one of the most incoherent, demented abominations i have seen in a long time. total ineptitude on every conceivable level. my eyes are secreting bile in protest...

ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #9509
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't you just rub one out to those chicks and give it a 2/10?

Im in the middle of Love and Other Drugs. So far Im really enjoying it. Def more clever than most rom coms. The backdrop of the mid 90s pharmaceutical industry really works well with the story
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #9510
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Funny Games (2007)

whatjusthappened/10
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: