Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 PM   #9721
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Stir Crazy: really****ingfunny/10- Hooooly shit why did it take me 21 years to see this movie? This movie was hilarious. This pairing in almost perfect. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a duo this complementary.

Richard Pryor is a natural comedian. Like... I was watching Men in Black the other day and Will Smith was just extremely funny. It was him at his finest. It wasn't the jokes (God no it wasn't the jokes) but his demeanor. Not the lines, but the acting between them. That's natural comedy. (I used that example because I saw it last night that's the only reason).

And Pryor and Wilder blow everyone out of the water! I loved this movie so much that I am now gonna watch every other Wider/Pryor movie.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #9722
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Stir Crazy: really****ingfunny/10- Hooooly shit why did it take me 21 years to see this movie? This movie was hilarious. This pairing in almost perfect. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a duo this complementary.

Richard Pryor is a natural comedian. Like... I was watching Men in Black the other day and Will Smith was just extremely funny. It was him at his finest. It wasn't the jokes (God no it wasn't the jokes) but his demeanor. Not the lines, but the acting between them. That's natural comedy. (I used that example because I saw it last night that's the only reason).

And Pryor and Wilder blow everyone out of the water! I loved this movie so much that I am now gonna watch every other Wider/Pryor movie.

is this one about them on a train or going to prison? cause the train one sux big ones
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #9723
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

You gotta catch this:

Hell, I haven't seen it in years. I just might look it up now that I remember.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:26 AM   #9724
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Well this certainly looks intriguing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpte7...layer_embedded

Trailer for Rampart, 2012 starring Woody Harrelson

dvd screener just came out for this movie
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:54 AM   #9725
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
dvd screener just came out for this movie

very tempted but is it even worth watching?

trailer looks great , let us know if it's worth the watch
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #9726
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Guard - 8/10
- This is a very funny dark movie. It honestly had some of the best lines I've heard in a movie all year. Brendan Gleeson had one of the better performances I've seen this year as well. The overall plot isn't anything new or surprising but it frames things well and gives us a chance to spend some time with this entertaining character Gleeson portrays. Truer words haven't been spoken on film this year than when Don Cheadle's character tries to show Gleeson a picture of his kids.

Warrior - 7/10
- A hit and miss movie that still worked for me on the strength of one its storylines. Everything with Tommy, his father and his military history are great. I was gripped by the acting and overall tone of these scenes. The Brendan stuff, not so much. I found that to be cliched and boring. The MMA scenes were so over the top that it was hard not to roll your eyes during those sequences. I realize this is fiction but as an MMA fan, the entire tournament concept and results were a bit silly.

Fight Night - 6/10
- Not bad. Maybe I was just expecting worse. This would've been a disaster (although maybe better commercially) if it tried to go the PG or PG-13 route. As an R movie, it had some good things going for it as a horror film. I liked the vampire in sunlight visual effects. I also like Anton Yelchin in this movie and in previous roles. I think he's got potential as a top actor in the long-run. The rest of the characters were very forgettable though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #9727
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I want to see warrior soo bad

You can download it off most sites, I'd suggest it man.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #9728
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The Guard - 8/10
- This is a very funny dark movie. It honestly had some of the best lines I've heard in a movie all year. Brendan Gleeson had one of the better performances I've seen this year as well. The overall plot isn't anything new or surprising but it frames things well and gives us a chance to spend some time with this entertaining character Gleeson portrays. Truer words haven't been spoken on film this year than when Don Cheadle's character tries to show Gleeson a picture of his kids.

Warrior - 7/10
- A hit and miss movie that still worked for me on the strength of one its storylines. Everything with Tommy, his father and his military history are great. I was gripped by the acting and overall tone of these scenes. The Brendan stuff, not so much. I found that to be cliched and boring. The MMA scenes were so over the top that it was hard not to roll your eyes during those sequences. I realize this is fiction but as an MMA fan, the entire tournament concept and results were a bit silly.

Fight Night - 6/10
- Not bad. Maybe I was just expecting worse. This would've been a disaster (although maybe better commercially) if it tried to go the PG or PG-13 route. As an R movie, it had some good things going for it as a horror film. I liked the vampire in sunlight visual effects. I also like Anton Yelchin in this movie and in previous roles. I think he's got potential as a top actor in the long-run. The rest of the characters were very forgettable though.

I really liked The Guard a ton as well. I think I reviewed it on here. It felt like it coulda been a foreign take on one of those above Pryor / Wilder flicks.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #9729
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Just watched 50/50 and actually liked it. I don't really have a rating but I thought it was good. And now I have a pretty big crush on the girl that played his therapist. No idea who she is but she's cute as hell.
I really liked 50/50. It was more emotional than I thought it would be. It had moments that make you laugh out loud and then it has moments that drag you right down.

Also saw an interview with Seth Rogen about how this actually happened to one of his close friends.

I'd probably give it a rounded off, 8/10.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #9730
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I really liked The Guard a ton as well. I think I reviewed it on here. It felt like it coulda been a foreign take on one of those above Pryor / Wilder flicks.
I think I recommended The Guard a while ago in this thread. Glad some others have seen it.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #9731
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Just watched 50/50 and actually liked it. I don't really have a rating but I thought it was good. And now I have a pretty big crush on the girl that played his therapist. No idea who she is but she's cute as hell.

anna kendrick- at her best in up in the air, which is also the best film she has been in.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #9732
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
anna kendrick- at her best in up in the air, which is also the best film she has been in.
QFT
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #9733
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Jack and Jill, the new Adam Sandler flick...

I was sucked into going with family. I did not pay admission.

I'll give it a .008/100

Awful! I knew it would be and it was probably worse than what I could have imagined.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #9734
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Gentlemen Broncos 3.5/10

I was laughing my ass off at the beginning because of weird, awkward but hilarious comedy but as the movie went on it dwindled to just weird and awkward. As i was watching i remembered the movie napoleon dynamite and their stylistic similarities. Googled the movie afterwards and saw it was directed by the same person.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #9735
Shadynasty's
The Nightman Cometh

Shadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A Mighty Wind - 8.3/10. Definitely my 2nd favorite Christopher Guest film. I always lose it during the slap scene on the stage.
Shadynasty's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: