Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #9736
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Attack the Block.... 7/10 you have to give it time to develop (you will have the impulse to shut it down after 3 minutes). All things considered its a cool flick.

Fright Night... 6/10 Its just a cool flick to pass the evening.

The Sorcerer and The White Snake (It Is Love) Jet Li Chinese Flick... 8/10 its a mystical kung fu chick flick. Typically I dont find these supernatural movies entertaining but the premise was good.

Kung Fu Cult Master (Evil Cult) Jet Li Chinese Flick... 8/10 it is supernatural in nature but is quite funny IMHO.

Mr. and Mrs. Single Chinese Flick... 6/10 chick chinese movie I wouldnt suggest watching it unless you are open minded.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #9737
Draz
The People's Choice

the incredible hulk - 8/10
the son of no one - 4/10
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #9738
CAAIDN
Good High School Starter

The Artist is gonna be a masterpiece. When somebody sees it please make a review.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #9739
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Columbiana... 7/10 some of the movie was weak sauce but its the typical lone assassin movie just cool because she's an attractive petite chick....

Immortals... 7/10 visually and auditory its a 10/10 but the story which most people wouldnt care about anyways as long as the action is fantastic.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #9740
Premeditated
Banned

Der Baader Meinhof Komplex- 8/10 for me

great acting. About the Red Army militant group of Germany. It goes into their bombing, robberies, and rioting strategies.I just felt like the ending was a little rushed, but overall good screen writing.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #9741
NoGunzJustSkillz

30 Minutes or Less- 6.5/10 too short, wasn't as funny as i thought it was gonna be. Aziz Ansari is going to be great.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #9742
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yeah I'm just f*cking with you. Truthfully I've only seen it once and it didn't do anything for me. Coincidentally the same thing happened with NCFoM, didn't like it at first, then it grew on me and now It's probably a top 20 movie. I've never thought about giving TWBB a second chance. Maybe in the future.

I know and respect that the movie is well made, but sometimes even the best movies fail to grab the viewer. This was one of them I guess.
I felt the EXACT same way until I saw it a second time, at which point I was promptly blown the f*ck away by it. There Will be Blood that is. Weird how that happens.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #9743
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Shutter Island
A Serious Man
Frost/Nixon
Milk
the Bank Job
Zodiac
American Gangster
No Country For Old Men
the Good Shepherd
Capote
Walk the Line
Almost Famous
Walk the Line
A beautiful mind

that's about all I can think of from the past 10 years or so

Thanks for the list man, I am a huge fan of the bolded ones and I will soon check out some of the other ones I haven't seen.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #9744
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
Der Baader Meinhof Komplex- 8/10 for me

great acting. About the Red Army militant group of Germany. It goes into their bombing, robberies, and rioting strategies.I just felt like the ending was a little rushed, but overall good screen writing.

I watched that about 6 months ago. I thought it was really good, yet I hardly remember anything about it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #9745
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

all good things

7/10

spoilers somewhere in here....

potential there but just never realized

not fleshed out enough
not enough background info
good acting which saves it
always seemed to go from point A to E and so forth

good premise, could have been a higher rating with more storytelling and better writing

how dumb could that private investigator/reporter be? calling david after totally being a fraud and trying to screw him over?

just enough character development and in a crime drama, that's sort of essential

his paranoia was only revisted in the last couple scenes after being played up in the first half

deborah trying to protect rizzo? that and it exaggerated certain points like the pulling of the hair. sorry, if i had a sister and she was pulled by the hair in front of me...expect a confrontation

anyway, good performance from gosling in case you didn't think he was an up and coming actor and also a good performance from dunst. decent idea, misguided execution
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #9746
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

There will be Blood is not set in the 40's through 70's. It's set around 1900.

If I was thinking period movies for this time frame, I would think of a trio of detective movies

Chinatown
Devil in a Blue Dress
L.A. Confidential.

A great and entertaining movie that set in the contemporary New York of the 1970's in The Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3. A great movie.....not the remake. The remake didn't make any sense at all because the whole point was that it was set in a pretty much bankrupt city.

No Country for Old Men was one of the best movie experiences, I ever had. I'm a big fan of the Coen Brothers and Cormac McCarthy and I had heard rave reviews about it for a while, so I was primed for it. Saw it in a theater on the big screen and within 5-10 minutes, any doubt or skepticism that you normally bring to a movie was just wiped away and I was ready to go any place that movie took me. Right about when they show the beginning of the hunting scenes..I really felt like I was somewhere out in West Texas.

I bought the blu ray of that several months before I bought a big TV and that was the first blu ray I watched. The first 5/6th of that movie is genius.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #9747
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I watched that about 6 months ago. I thought it was really good, yet I hardly remember anything about it.
If you liked Baader-Meinhof, Carlos is a great, great film about Carlos the Jackal.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #9748
Premeditated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
If you liked Baader-Meinhof, Carlos is a great, great film about Carlos the Jackal.
that's a movie? I thought it was a mini series, that is why I was reluctant to download it.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #9749
verylegit

whats that film that was suppose to be released in february, about sigmund freud?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #9750
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
that's a movie? I thought it was a mini series, that is why I was reluctant to download it.

It is. I have the Criterion BD of it. It's a very nice package.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: