Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #9766
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Fright Night [remake]: 6/10
Alien [theatrical]: 10/10
Aliens [special edition 1990]: 10/10
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #9767
ballsohard247
All of the lights....

Book Of Eli

Great movie. A little predictable but its a good story and Mila Kunis is sexy as always.

8.0/10.0
ballsohard247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #9768
Premeditated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
It did play in theaters in the US, but it originated as a miniseries. That was mainly due to the amount of material they had to cover. It's 5.5 hours. It basically works as a film though and was directed by one of France's top directors. It was shown at the Cannes Film Festival, and most people thought it would have won the top prizes, but it wasn't in competition because it originated on TV.

They actually released several cuts of the movie, but go for the mini-series length, it's worth it.
yeah...I just downloaded it last night. I plan on watching it later tomorrow.

but I just saw

Martha Marcy May Marlene

stars the Olsen Twins little sister. About a girl who was part of an occult but is now trying to adapt to normal life living with her sister and her husband.
Pretty ok, film. Elisabeth Olsen's acting was really believable (big titys btw). It kind of jumps between times. Kind of typical occult movie, but not very cliche like the others.
7/10 for me. But expect alot indie geeks to hype this thing off like it's on Fight Club level of flick, within the next 2 months. Watch.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #9769
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Tower Heist 6.5/10

Very watchable. Funny in moments. Not a great ending.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #9770
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

Bridesmaids: 5/10 - how did this get such good reviews? The only times I laughed were Jon Hamm's scenes.

Ides of March: 8.5/10 - really good, I was expecting something different but I was pleasantly surprised.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #9771
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Black Swan: 8/10

Really good performances from everybody. Nice "wtf" elements to thrill and keep you guessing.

Spoiler:

At the end, I was really hoping she did kill that b!tch to set up a sequel.
That would've made it a 9/10. I kid I kid, this flick got the job done.

Hustle and Flow: 9/10

Face it, "Underdog-to-Top Dog" movies never get old, as long as they're executed right. This flick brought fire from everyone involved. I'm not even a southern rap fan, and this movie had me "Head Noddin"' like a maniac. Good stuff.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #9772
skan72
Deep dick pizza

Father of Invention - 7/10.

Amusing throughout, good acting, interesting story.

And, if anyone is looking for a great, very edge-of-your-seat-every-episode TV series to watch, NetFlix or the internet has "Spooks" available for you. It's British, as a disclaimer, but it's superb. There are 10 seasons, the series finale was a few weeks ago.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #9773
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Bad Company

2/10

I wanted to like it. I really did. I love Chris Rock, but this movie is so terrible... Every action scene was overly exaggerated, Chris Rock's character was exaggerated, and the movie was terrible to watch, but I had nothing better to do, so I watched it all the way through. Wouldn't even recommend it to anyone I hate.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #9774
NoGunzJustSkillz

Our Idiot Brother 7/10 (a lot of the jokes were cringe worthy)
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #9775
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

In Time

I enjoyed this movie a lot. Was pretty original and while it didn't blow me away, it's still a movie i look forward to watching again. As another reviewer (IMDb) put it, the future that looks less "futuristic" aided the movie a lot; gave it a more realistic feel. Very cool concept for a story and i would like to see a sequel or even a prequel.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #9776
Patrick Bateman
I airball my layups

Oh Africa, Brave Africa

It was... a laugh riot.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #9777
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

50/50 - 8/10
Really good overall with some of the most emotional individual scenes I've seen this year. This movie was pretty much all Joseph Gordon Levitt and damn does he do a hell of a job. IMO, this is an award nomination caliber performance that will be overlooked by everyone due to this being a comedy. The bro-chemistry between him and Seth Rogen was very good and always believable. The scene with Gordon-Levitt and Anjelica Huston (also very good here) before he gets wheeled off into surgery hit me hard and almost got the waterworks going. The only problems I had were with the two love interests. Neither was written with much depth and the relationship with the therapist was totally unbelievable and, IMO, unnecessary. This wasn't a movie that needed a love-story forced into it.

Crazy, Stupid, Love - 4/10
Biggest disappointment of the year. How do you screw a film up with such good actors in it? Other than Carrell and Gosling, I didn't like anything here. The kids were awful and I didn't believe a second of that entire sub-story. Marisa Tomei was completely wasted. Emma Stone's incredibly annoying friend. There were so many characters here that I would have enjoyed punching in the face, man, woman and child. Then you had the shit-show when everyone meets up towards the end and the even more silly ending. People don't act this way. And if you're going to create fiction of such behaviour, at least make the dialogue tolerable.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #9778
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

I'm watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes again, at home in 1080p for the first time... and its just as awesome as the first time.

8.75/10... one of my favorites of the year
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #9779
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
50/50 - 8/10
Really good overall with some of the most emotional individual scenes I've seen this year. This movie was pretty much all Joseph Gordon Levitt and damn does he do a hell of a job. IMO, this is an award nomination caliber performance that will be overlooked by everyone due to this being a comedy. The bro-chemistry between him and Seth Rogen was very good and always believable. The scene with Gordon-Levitt and Anjelica Huston (also very good here) before he gets wheeled off into surgery hit me hard and almost got the waterworks going. The only problems I had were with the two love interests. Neither was written with much depth and the relationship with the therapist was totally unbelievable and, IMO, unnecessary. This wasn't a movie that needed a love-story forced into it.
I didn't mind the love story at all because it wasn't really the focal point of the movie. Definitely agree on Levitt, he gave a great performance and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. I may or may not have shed a few tears during that hospital scene as well. I really enjoyed the movie overall and it's probably my second favorite movie this year behind Drive. I'd give it a 9/10
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #9780
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Watching Rocknrolla for the third time.

Guy Richie is a freaking genius : the interactions, the story, the characters, the setting. No words can explain

Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels, Snatch and Rocknrolla best Guy Richie movies. I just hope he quits fuking around with Sherlock Holmes and gets back to making the good old Snatch like movies.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: