Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #9871
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Mr Woodcock - 4/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #9872
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

For anyone looking to kill some time on Netflix instant stream, check out the Masters of Horror series. They are pretty entertaining to say the least.

Behind the mask: The rise of Leslie Vernon 7/10. Pretty weird horror, had a solid end.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:08 AM   #9873
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Zen how the hell did you watch Drillbit Taylor and Balls of Fury consecutively? I would have blown my brains out
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #9874
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

True Grit - 8.9/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #9875
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Zen how the hell did you watch Drillbit Taylor and Balls of Fury consecutively? I would have blown my brains out
I didnt actually.. watched a couple days ago with my young brother and forgot to add it..


Today Ive only seen Balls of Fury and Mr. Woodcock (due to my brother) and then my selection True Grit.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #9876
JerrySteakhouse
HEAT 2014-2015
 
JerrySteakhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,764
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Mission Impossible 4 - 7.5/10

Some funny moments, decent action. Wasn't great but wasn't horrible either. Very predictable...
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 AM   #9877
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 7,000
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Sitter 4/10 it had some funny moments but not enough to carry the movie. Terrible ending. Just a freakin mess of a movie.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #9878
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23,702
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Behind the mask: The rise of Leslie Vernon 7/10. Pretty weird horror, had a solid end.

That was filmed in my home town and I know one of the guys who was murdered in it.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #9879
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,077
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Irreversible

Holy shit/10
That rape scene is possibly the most disturbing scene in any movie I've ever watched. They left nothing to the imagination.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #9880
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,951
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Sitter

7/10

Had its moments but it wasn't as funny as I expected it to be. Actually kind of corny. Method Man's role was predictable, btw.
I liked it, but I wouldn't watch it again.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #9881
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,595
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
That was filmed in my home town and I know one of the guys who was murdered in it.

That is pretty awesome. Scream 4 was filmed in my hometown and I will probably see it for that reason alone.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #9882
Juges8932
Land of Ownst
 
Juges8932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,112
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Sherlock Holmes 2- 9/10


MI4: Ghost Protocol- 8.5/10


Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore- 5/10


Dear John- 7/10
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #9883
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Sherlock Holmes 2- 9/10



Seriously Juges? Why a 9?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #9884
Juges8932
Land of Ownst
 
Juges8932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,112
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Seriously Juges? Why a 9?

I'm probably overrating it as I gave the first one an 8, if I recall correctly, lol. IDK, I was a big fan of the first one, love the actors, and was really looking forward to this one and I felt it delivered.

The acting was definitely on point and I liked the casts' chemistry overall. I thought it was pretty clever, both in the script and the actual scenes. The story was interesting and engaging with a nice pace to it. I wasn't left wondering how long the movie was or anything. I actually saw it twice, lol.

Much like the first one, there really just isn't anything that I can think of that would knock this movie down for me. The reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it just doesn't have that all-time movie feel where when you are watching it, you know that this is going to be a great piece of art that is going to be talked about as one of the GOAT movies. I think it was great and they basically utilized all of its potential with the acting and the script, but it isn't a movie that will revolutionize anything about the way movies are done or have a lasting impact on the movie scene, which is why I can't give it a 10, but I still think it was great.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #9885
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
I'm probably overrating it as I gave the first one an 8, if I recall correctly, lol. IDK, I was a big fan of the first one, love the actors, and was really looking forward to this one and I felt it delivered.

The acting was definitely on point and I liked the casts' chemistry overall. I thought it was pretty clever, both in the script and the actual scenes. The story was interesting and engaging with a nice pace to it. I wasn't left wondering how long the movie was or anything. I actually saw it twice, lol.

Much like the first one, there really just isn't anything that I can think of that would knock this movie down for me. The reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it just doesn't have that all-time movie feel where when you are watching it, you know that this is going to be a great piece of art that is going to be talked about as one of the GOAT movies. I think it was great and they basically utilized all of its potential with the acting and the script, but it isn't a movie that will revolutionize anything about the way movies are done or have a lasting impact on the movie scene, which is why I can't give it a 10, but I still think it was great.
Okay cool I can totally understand what you mean. I also liked the first one, specifically for the reasons you mentioned.. the cast was charming and the style was curiously entertaining.

If this second one is similar to the first Im sure Ill enjoy it as well...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy