Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #10006
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Super Troopers - 10/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #10007
DevilsAssassin
Banned

DevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDevilsAssassin is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I bought the Matrix trilogy for just 10 bucks at HMV yesterday.
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #10008
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Cowboys and Aliens.....3/10

The only saving grace for this movie was that it stars Olivia Wilde aka 13.

First of all the characters in this movie were all over the place. If im not mistaken the kid was the same actor acting as the air bender in M. Shyamalan's bastardization of the nickelodeon tv series Avatar. Well to be blunt, the kid had no purpose in this movie whatsoever. It's like they added a kid character just to have a kid character.

Harrison Ford's character meanwhile is a puzzle who cant seem to figure out what he wants to be. The bad aliens dont seem to use any audible language but are intelligent enough to travel vast distances most likely lightyears away; additionally they are skilled in making effective and lethal weapons but for some reason are dumb enough to use little of it and prefer to use their arms and teeth during combat situations. Olivia Wilde was supposedly an alien who cannot be burned by fire or has the ability to resurrect herself through fire or after death? I didnt quite get that. But it doesnt matter. The story was all over the place.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #10009
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just got done watching Almost Famous. I think I'd rate it a 9/10.

Great story about a kid who wants to be a writer and review music for magazines, he gets sucked into the world of rock and roll, he tags along with a band in the 70s, who are blowing up. I kinda feel like the idea behind it is, the director uses the kid to have a pair of innocent eyes who just takes it all in, everything that happens around the band, the groupies, the point where they start making money.. How the band loses focus of what's important to them.

It also shows the change in the music industry where before then, in the 60s.. with the hippies, it was more about the music rather than the fame, the groupies and making money.

Oh and the music is great, as you sort of would expect..

Anyways I really liked it and for those who haven't seen it and want to see something else then your average action flick.. I really recommend this.

Pete, repped for recommending this in that list of yours.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #10010
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NP^

Almost Famous is one of those movies for me that lost It's appeal each time I watched it. It doesn't really have that quality that makes you want to watch it several times. It's still a very good movie regardless I just have no desire to watch it again. I thought that kid would've blown up after that but he hasn't done shit in a decade.

Wow how many times can I use the word watch?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #10011
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
NP^

Almost Famous is one of those movies for me that lost It's appeal each time I watched it. It doesn't really have that quality that makes you want to watch it several times. It's still a very good movie regardless I just have no desire to watch it again. I thought that kid would've blown up after that but he hasn't done shit in a decade.

Wow how many times can I use the word watch?
I agree, but I feel like it's just not that kind of movie. You watch this once and that's enough. To me at least.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #10012
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Checked out of my hotel in Santa Ana and had hours to kill while holding all of my luggage, so I checked out the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I actually liked it more than the first. This one was too long and had some unnecessary scenes (usually just for the sake of adding action) and a lot of failed humor, but the story itself was better than the first. Best parts were the dialog between Holmes and the villain. 7/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #10013
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All I want to do lately is watch re-runs of old House episodes so I think I'll download the series again and re-watch it. By far my favorite show of all time and this will be my 4th time watching it.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #10014
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In the last few days I've Watched:

Ronin 84%
Drive 79%
Moneyball 72%
Le Femme Nikita 76%
Giornata nera per l'ariete 74%
Le Professionnel 72%

The were all enjoyable and worthy of recommendations.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #10015
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One Day: 2/10- Dreadfully boring. The dude is a mega douche and yet she still falls for him.

Awful pacing, awful ending. One of the longest 1 hr 40 min movies I've ever seen. Avoid.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #10016
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone seen African Queen? I'm thinking about picking it up. I was recommended this movies because I like Bogart so much in Casablanca.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #10017
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Straw Dogs 2011- 7.3/10
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #10018
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Oldboy [first viewing]: my initial reaction is about a 7.5-8/10 but i'd like to watch it a second time before i really decide on it

the Innkeepers [first viewing]: 9/10

I had absolutely no expectations for this whatsoever. I randomly saw it on IPT for download, looked up the RT score and it was high. Didn't even bother to read a synopsis, I just knew it was a horror movie. Well, what a very pleasant surprise.

It has such a throwback, 80's, kind of goofy Ghostbusters feel to it during the first half and then it successfully transitions to legitimate horror in the second.

The lead, Sara Paxton is a dime and only the 2-3 blonde I've ever been attracted to

Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #10019
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Anyone seen African Queen? I'm thinking about picking it up. I was recommended this movies because I like Bogart so much in Casablanca.
That was one of the few Bogart movies I didn't really like that much. Considering the talent (Bogart, Hepburn) and the director (Huston), it's very disappointing imo. I saw it a really long time ago so don't remember what specific issues I had with it, but I think I found it too "campy", plot too be really weak, just remember a lot of moments where I was rolling my eyes. It was still entertaining (I checked and see I gave it a 6 on IMDB so not like it was bad), but I don't think it deserves to be listed as a classic. I love Casablanca too btw, 10/10. You should check out The Maltese Falcon. Or a better Huston-Bogart collaboration in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #10020
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Captain America: The First Avenger: 8/10- First of lemme say this: Tommy Lee Jones completely steals the show in every scene he's in.

Okay that out of the way I was pleasantly surprised. Chris Evans turned out to be pretty good in this role. It played more like a period piece than anything.

Some of the effects left a bit to be desired, which was weird, but all in all it was a visual impressive movie. Cap is an interesting character because he's really always fighting above his head, and that is the whole point of his personality. He never gives in, and always does what he feels is right.

I'm curious about a few things, maybe to be answered in a second movie. Like why they did Bucky that way, are they setting up a Winter Soldier saga?

Anyway I think the best movie of the titles they released to tie into the Avengers (not counting Iron Man, but Iron Man II, Thor, both Hulks...) And that very much surprises me. Maybe that's why I liked it so muuch, I wasn't expecting it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: